Thread: Ricardo Lamas Wants the Winner of Jose Aldo and Frankie Edgar at UFC 156

Default Ricardo Lamas Wants the Winner of Jose Aldo and Frankie Edgar at UFC 156

Ricardo Lamas Wants the Winner of Jose Aldo and Frankie Edgar at UFC 156 | MMAWeekly.com

“There’s a fight happening next weekend, I’m going to be there watching and I’d love to have the winner of that fight in the main event of Jose Aldo and Frankie Edgar,” Lamas stated after his win over Koch.

With his latest win, Lamas has separated himself from the competition at 145lbs, and would almost seem like a lock at this point for a title shot. Nothing is guaranteed in the UFC however (just ask Johny Hendricks), but UFC President Dana White likes that he’s calling for the fight already.

“I like that he wants it,” White said about Lamas’ desire to fight for the belt.

After last night I think he deserves to face the winner of that fight.

I am fine with it. He looked like an absolute savage last night.

Unfortunately for him, we will probably get a split decision with Frankie and Aldo, and then have a rematch, so he might think about a fight with the Zombie in the meantime.

Quote Originally Posted by MIZjitsZOU View Post
    I am fine with it. He looked like an absolute savage last night.

Unfortunately for him, we will probably get a split decision with Frankie and Aldo, and then have a rematch, so he might think about a fight with the Zombie in the meantime.
    Agreed, if Aldo/Edgar doesn't end decisively, Lamas is going to have to wait around and probably fight either Siver or Guida. I'm afraid ZUFFA will let one of the more developed names like Guida leapfrog him.

Really don't think it'd be wise to match Zombie up with Lamas after a yearlong layoff.

I think he should fight the Zombie for it.

I hate to say it because Korean Zombie has earned it but I think he's going to need a warm up fight when he returns. I'm ok with giving it to Lamas while he waits.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

I am more stoked for the Aldo Edgar fight than I have been for any other fight in a while... I think Aldo is a beast but I would love to see Edgar go out finish him.

Thread Information