Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Jackson's message to Teixeira after UFC on FOX 6: 'Go get the title'

Quote Originally Posted by Fedorlei Gomipierre View Post
    Jones doesn't like being hit and Glover is patient and tactful with his power strikes.

Jones will look to shoot for the takedown the moment he gets touched and Glover has sick TDD. Jones will get stuffed and be in range(possibly pressed against the cage), and will get touched up. Best case scenario, Jones come in for the takedown and Glover touches him, even if he GETS the takedown, Glover's BJJ is very competent and Jones' wrestling isn't overwhelming.

This fight is closer than alot of people think.
    Not really imho.

Glover does have the chance of putting Jones out but I got two words for you "Greg Jackson". Jones will not exchange with Glover, he will just keep him at distance with those "oblique" and front kicks. The moment Glover starts overcommitting to his strikes.... BOOM takedown, all Jones need is one good elbow to mess anybody's face up (look at Machida).

Im not a Jones fan at all but simply the Glover that fought yesterday will be embarrassed if they fought. Glover's really gonna have his work cut out for him to prepare for that fight.

With that said, I hope Glover knocks his head off.

Quote Originally Posted by 1inthechamber View Post
    Not really imho.

Glover does have the chance of putting Jones out but I got two words for you "Greg Jackson". Jones will not exchange with Glover, he will just keep him at distance with those "oblique" and front kicks. The moment Glover starts overcommitting to his strikes.... BOOM takedown, all Jones need is one good elbow to mess anybody's face up (look at Machida).

Im not a Jones fan at all but simply the Glover that fought yesterday will be embarrassed if they fought. Glover's really gonna have his work cut out for him to prepare for that fight.

With that said, I hope Glover knocks his head off.
    And there you have it in a nutshell. A fight with Glover would look just like the fight with Rampage and Rashad.

Noone at lhw likes to bang like Page and Glover outside of maybe Lil Nog. I have a feeling Glovers next opponent might be Rashad, Phil or Brandon Vera. Personally I am praying that Glover fights Thiago Silva.
    Anderson Silva:
    Best Fighter on the planet.

There is a gross underestimation of Glover's wrestling and TDD.

The difference will be highlited when and if ever does fight Jon Jones who won't likely need to utilize his wrestling anyways.
    Anderson Silva:
    Best Fighter on the planet.

Sad to see Rampage Lose, really wanted him to go out with a win and a huge Fuck you to Dana White. But he fought with PRIDE and to me exposed Glover a little bit. This guy can be hit, and a faster striker could pick this Glover apart. Glover dominated to a degree, but Rampage kept him honest. I think Glover is a top 5 LHW, but I don't see him as a world beater after last night. I think Jones beats him rather easily, unless he can catch Jones early....
    Scarface: Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, you're cool, and fuck you, I'm out!

"I don't call the fighting in my films 'violent', I call it 'action'. An action film borders between fantasy and reality. If I were to be completely realistic in my films, you would call me a violent, bloody man. I would simply destroy my opponent by tearing his guts out. I wouldn't do it so artistically." ~Bruce Lee

I actually think I could see Glover being the one to get the nod and give Jon Jones some serious problems, but its much too premature to speculate before Glover gets another high profile matchup.

Teixeira vs Gustaffsson anyone? That would be a huge statement there, but most likely I see him getting matched up with Machida/Shogun/Thiago Silva next since Goose has Mousasi on his plate.
    Last edited by HillbillyDeluxe; 01-27-2013 at 03:30 PM.

I wasn't surprised at all that Glover beat Rampage the way he did. A lot of people continuously underestimate Glover, thinking he's all hype. I have been watching him since his fight with Sokodjou and his arsenal is very impressive. Funny reason I started even noticing him was because of Sokodjou. Sokodjou KO'ed both Lil Nog and Arona (two top 10 fighters), and I was looking at his record and thinking who did he possibly lose to.

The question mark with Glover was always how would he do if he steps up against top competition, and the answer is getting clearer with every fight. The line up for the LHW title is pretty long, but Glover with another impressive victory can really step up to the plate. If that fight happens with Jones, Glover is going to go after him which pretty much no one has done. He has a lot of tools to make it a difficult fight for Jones. Hard to tell if he's going to beat Jones, just because Jones has stormed through every opponent.

Was Rampage just complacently ill-prepared like all his fights last night or was Teixeira's wrestling just that good? I've never seen him so effortlessly taken down.

One thing is for sure: John Hackleman got home and jerked off dreaming of dollar signs for the first time in six years since Jackson last fought someone in his stable.
    "I like you Clarence. Always have, always will."

Quote Originally Posted by roaddawg
    Something many posters here are also guilty of doing everytime the rumor meal gets cranked up.
    I'd like mine with a Diet Coke, please!

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyKnox View Post
    Roadawg is just a damn fool when it comes to MMA and Anderson Silva. There is no point in acknowledging his bullshit unless you just want brain damage. Responding to it is fucking pointless. His opinion is a joke.
    "Every gun makes its own tune."

9. Default

Like all champs with repetive title defences there's a mystic about them of unbeatable. Jones reach is a problem for anyone, but as soon as someone beats him we'll see a mass exceduss of his bandwagon. Glovers got the tools to make a fight out of it, time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by HillbillyDeluxe View Post
    I actually think I could see Glover being the one to get the nod and give Jon Jones some serious problems, but its much too premature to speculate before Glover gets another high profile matchup.

Teixeira vs Gustaffsson anyone? That would be a huge statement there, but most likely I see him getting matched up with Machida/Shogun/Thiago Silva next since Goose has Mousasi on his plate.
    I think they need to keep Goose on a separate path in order to have fresh contenders for Jones. He really just fights and wins often enough that it makes things tough for the division and promotion IMO.

Assuming (and hoping) Evans goes to 185, the loser of Hendo/Machida would be my vote. A big step up but probably not a guarantee of being anything more than 1 away from the title if he won.

Quote Originally Posted by Fedorlei Gomipierre View Post
    Jones doesn't like being hit and Glover is patient and tactful with his power strikes.

Jones will look to shoot for the takedown the moment he gets touched and Glover has sick TDD. Jones will get stuffed and be in range(possibly pressed against the cage), and will get touched up. Best case scenario, Jones come in for the takedown and Glover touches him, even if he GETS the takedown, Glover's BJJ is very competent and Jones' wrestling isn't overwhelming.

This fight is closer than alot of people think.
    How's his bottom game?
    Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    Either that or some cooter-crabs.
    It's gonna be a good weekend

Thread Information