+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: As Career Surges, UFC ON FOX 6's Glover Teixeira Has No Bad Blood With 'Rampage'

1. Default As Career Surges, UFC ON FOX 6's Glover Teixeira Has No Bad Blood With 'Rampage'

As career surges, UFC on FOX 6's Glover Teixeira has no bad blood with 'Rampage' | News

For Glover Teixeira, fighting in the UFC was worth the wait.

In his first three fights for the organization, which include an upcoming UFC on FOX 6 bout against former champion Quinton "Rampage" Jackson, he's accomplished three goals: fighting in Las Vegas, fighting in his native Brazil, and soon, fighting on network TV.

"Things are happening fast in the UFC now," he told MMAjunkie.com Radio (MMA Radio, UFC Radio - MMAjunkie Radio). "It took me a while to get to the UFC, but I'm pretty happy with how things are going."
    Teixeira's long-awaited UFC debut was continually delayed by visa issues. But since his arrival this past year, he's posted a submission victory over Kyle Kingsbury and gruesome TKO win over Fabio Maldonado. That moved his current win streak to 17 fights, which have included 16 stoppages.

That opened the door for Teixeira (19-2 MMA, 2-0 UFC) to fight Jackson (32-10 MMA, 7-4 UFC), who's likely fighting in the UFC for the final time due to his constant clashes with UFC management. Jackson, who's lost two straight (to Jon Jones and Ryan Bader), actually requested the Teixeira fight, which takes place Jan. 26 at Chicago's United Center. While there have been some hints at bad blood between the two main-card fighters, Teixeira doesn't feel that way.

"It's just business," he said. "Quinton is a great a fighter. I loved to watch him fight back in the day. I still like to watch him fight. He's a funny guy. I'm just going to go over there and take care of business."
    And any trash-talking or disrespect? Teixeira said it's simply confident in his own abilities.

"You know me," he said. "I don't do that. I've got confidence. I'm going to go over there and put on a great fight for the fans and try to knock him out. It's my opinion. It's not going to change."
    Even before Teixeira's days in the UFC, many fans knew about the 33-year-old from his short stint in the WEC and his constant presence in former UFC champion Chuck Liddell's corner. Teixeira said he still sees Liddell often, and the UFC Hall of Famer often swings by the gym simply to watch him spar.

"Just having him watch me, that's a big help, you know?" said Teixeira, who gets advice from his longtime training partner.
    Liddell's days of fighting, of course, are over. He'll still suit in the gym occasionally, but the toll of his remarkable career finally caught up to him as he neared his 40th birthday. Teixeira has about a half-decade before he reaches that point.

However, as he saw in his bout with Maldonado, who took a massive amount of punishment before finally succumbing to third-round shots, Teixeira knows he has to expect such grueling affairs now that he's in the world's most prominent MMA organization.

"Maldanaddo was tough," he said. "I knew he was hard to put away. I knew it was going to be a tough fight. With the ground and pound, I could feel his nose cracking. I could feel like the bone breaking. I was like, 'This is not going to stop.' And he was still fighting back. Big heart, tough guy.

"But sometimes I wish the guys wouldn't be so tough because of their health and everything."
    There are many paths to freedom....not all are peaceful.

I can't wait for this fight. I like both but I know Rampage will most likely be leaving regardless if he wins or not. The win for Glover will make the division so much more interesting than a Rampage win.

Glover is the Future!

Dear Rampage,
    Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.
    Sorry Fedor, but Dan Henderson is the G.O.A.T.

Favorite Fighter: JIM MILLER.
    Scariest Dude on the Planet: TYRONE SPONG.
    Other Favorites: Chris Lytle, Martin Kampmann, Joe Lauzon, Khabib Nurmagomedov, Conor McGregor, Paul Daley, Ross Pearson, Donald Cerrone, Renan Barao, Glover Texiera, & Alistair Overeem.

"He doesn't write his own material. Some homo in Queens living in his mother's basement in his underwear is writing Chael's material for him." - DON FRYE.

4. Default

Glover Teixeira Plans To KO Quinton Jackson Out Of The UFC - FightLine.com

Glover Teixeira has just one focus heading into his bout with former UFC light heavyweight champion Quinton "Rampage" Jackson at UFC On Fox: Johnson Vs. Dodson: a finish.

The two will collide in the co-main event from Chicago, and Teixeira (19-2) views his third UFC bout as a perfect opportunity to make a statement. For Jackson (32-10), he has made it known that his future will be away from the UFC following this fight.

"Quinton is a great fighter. I loved to watch him fight back in the day," said Teixeira, during a recent interview with MMAjunkie.com Radio. "I still like to watch him fight. I'm just going to go over there and take care of business. I'm going to go over there and put on a great fight for the fans and try to knock him out."
    Teixeira entered the UFC last year after competing on the regional circuit, all the while working towards an opportunity to enter the Octagon. He stopped both Kyle Kingsbury and Fabio Maldonado in 2012, pushing his win streak to 17.

Cant wait for this fight... Hopefully Rampage really dedicates himself for this fight... If he does, its a win... If he doesnt, he still has a good chance imo...

Glover gets put to sleep...

FG. We still got that bet for this fight?

Quote Originally Posted by Sakara=Excitement View Post
    So what it sounds like is if Rampage loses, he automatically wasn't dedicated?
    Just like Prime Fedor, Motivated BJ, and Uninjured Shogun.... Dedicated Rampage cannot lose.

In all seriousness, I have a ton of respect for Glover... He is a legit top10 LHW and belongs in the UFC... He could beat Rampage at his best, he is that good... but if you actually break down the fight you see why Rampage is all sorts of problems for him...

Rampage has decent boxing, a great chin, and huge power... Glover likes to trade with his hands first... much like liddell... Glover also has very good GNP, but rampage has very good TDD.... Your crazy if you see this fight as an easy fight for either of them...

Glover beating up Maldanado and Kingsburry, while Rampage got dominated by Jones and Evans...( Bader, while injured) doesnt = Glover winning...

It amazes me how often we see people think that way... It all depends on who you are fighting... Rampage would have looked great as well against Kingsburry and Fabio... While Glover's wrestling is still unknown... Evans and even Bader could be huge problems for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakara=Excitement View Post
    Preaching to the choir brother. I'm not driving the Glover bandwagon. But you did skirt the question at hand.

If Rampage loses, is he automatically not motivated?
    No, he is also getting old in the fact that he has been at this for a long time. I think he will be motivated. Page will want a good showing.

8. Default

So if Rampage loses he's old...but motivated? Or old and unmotivated? Or what?

I'm trying to piece together what the talk track will be if he loses.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information