Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Jackson doesn't know if he 'can compete with the top people anymore,'

Kimbo> Rampage Guest

I have the question...

He looked horrible... Very, very slow... even by his standards... He didnt have his usual explosiveness...

What absolutely shocked me is how easily Glover got him down over and over again...

Rampage has never been taken down like that... Even with a blown knee he put up more of a resistance against Bader...

That is the only thing that impressed me about Glover. Either Rampage's wrestling was way off from his normal self or Glover has elite wrestling... I tend to go with the first option.

2. Default

A built in rampage excuse. Who would of thought it.
    When you're down.... you're down 4-Life

Quote Originally Posted by roaddawg View Post
    Why evolve with MMA when his interest is in boxing, reality TV shows and movies? Once you go Hollywood you don't return unless your name is Cung Le.
    He needs to evolve his MMA because he will have nothing else in a year or two. He's a horrible actor, he doesn't have what it takes to be a serious boxer, and even though people will watch all kinds of crap on TV I still think a reality show with him as the main attraction doesn't go far.

My guess will be he'll need the money soon enough as well

Quote Originally Posted by Fedorlei Gomipierre View Post
    Did anybody else utterly cringe when Rampage alluded to WANTING to be like Gary Goodridge?

I mean, I don't think Goodridge even wants to be Goodridge....it's not like he's taking these fights because he WANTS TO, he's trying to make a buck and is pretty much a cautionary tale of the early years of MMA given all of his head trauma and the fucking BEATINGS he's taken in the past, decade.

Just a super weird comment.
    Yeah I was thinking the same thing when he said that kind of shows that he's not thinking very clearly at all about his future.

Quote Originally Posted by rob_bills View Post
    His interest is fighting, not boxing.. he believes he will be able to do well over there.. he wont. Maybe make a quick buck or two. I like Rampage, I was a huge fan before his whining.

Think about it this way, Teixeira lit him up on the feet, as many other fighters have in the past. Those guys dont want to be boxers..

Do you really think Rampage can even be a top 15 in professional boxing? Do you really think he can go at a fast pace in boxing rounds? Even if he "Takes a year off"?

Rampage has these rose tinted glasses when it comes to boxing because he sees them standing up constantly. Even people like David Haye would destroy him.
    Its not about what I think its about what he wants to do in his career as he pointed out hes looking at boxing. He is taking the same road that Kimbo Slice took.

I came to grips with Jackson being done with MMA after his mentality changed when he lost to Griffin. He is done with MMA and there is simply no other way to put it.

Page can do well in boxing but his poor movement won't likely get him anywhere close to a title. Regardless boxing, movies, tv shows is what hes interested in now as pointed out in the link above.

If leaving MMA will lead to him being happy then I wish the man success with his future endeavors. Everytime I see him do an interview these days I feel like I am watching a Tupac interview. I can't help but feel somewhat empathetic.
    Anderson Silva:
    Best Fighter on the planet.

His hands and head movement are some of the best in MMA, which is why Glover couldn't Finish him and had to step off the gas and go for takedowns. I think Rampage could do well in boxing, maybe not be a world champion, but who knows, the cruiser weight division in boxing might give him some good fights and a belt. He shouldn't go any higher than that though...because if he thinks he can hang with one of the K brothers.....he's in for a very depressing wake up call....
    Scarface: Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, you're cool, and fuck you, I'm out!

"I don't call the fighting in my films 'violent', I call it 'action'. An action film borders between fantasy and reality. If I were to be completely realistic in my films, you would call me a violent, bloody man. I would simply destroy my opponent by tearing his guts out. I wouldn't do it so artistically." ~Bruce Lee

In my opinion this is the tale of a bad guy that is getting what he deserves, and it is his choices that are putting him in these situations. No matter how bad a celebrity is, everybody always says stuff like "hopefully he can get his act together", why?!?! There are plenty of good people in bad situations that they don't deserve, so why root for the super fortunate pieces of shit that ruin their own life?

For the record I feel this way about all the celebrities and athletes who have gotten away with murder, assault, sexual assault, ect.

It's really sad seeing Rampage's career self-destruct due to his own undoing and lack of drive... Quinton just wants to get paid, he's lost that loving feeling of stayin motivated to keep himself at the top of the fight game.

If Rampage actually wanted to remain relevant and not just acquire easy paydays, he would of sure as shit hooked up with a better team than Wolfslair, whom I feel doesnt FORCE him or push him to that next level.

They just keep his knife barely sharpened instead of upgrading him to a sword and evolving the warrior that he is...
    "I leave this as a declaration of intent, so no one will get confused. 1: Si vis pacum para bellum. Latin. If you want peace, prepare for war. 2: Frank Castle is dead. He died with his family. 3: In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacies, it is necessary to act outside the law. To pursue natural justice. This isn't vengeance. Revenge is not a valid motive, it's an emotional response. No, not vengeance. Punishment "

Quote Originally Posted by HillbillyDeluxe View Post
    It's really sad seeing Rampage's career self-destruct due to his own undoing and lack of drive... Quinton just wants to get paid, he's lost that loving feeling of stayin motivated to keep himself at the top of the fight game.

If Rampage actually wanted to remain relevant and not just acquire easy paydays, he would of sure as shit hooked up with a better team than Wolfslair, whom I feel doesnt FORCE him or push him to that next level.

They just keep his knife sharpened rather than upgrading him to a sword...
    This is my point exactly, no offense to you Hillbilly, but why is it sad? The guy has done plenty of awful things, and it is his fault that he is in the situation he is in. The stuff that has happened to Mike Swick is sad, the Rampage situation is deserved.

Quote Originally Posted by The Donosaur View Post
    This is my point exactly, no offense to you Hillbilly, but why is it sad? The guy has done plenty of awful things, and it is his fault that he is in the situation he is in. The stuff that has happened to Mike Swick is sad, the Rampage situation is deserved.
    It's sad as in "what a waste" pisses me off honestly... People would kill for Quinton Jackson's opportunity's, yet he just jacks them off like it aint nothing.

I've done some dumb shit in my day. Heck, I just got out of Jail 2 weeks ago(I'm allergic to alcohol, I break out in handcuffs) so I usually dont pass judgement or look down on anyone unless it's some serious serious wrong-doing, but it really bothers me how PRIDE Rampage and the UFC version are just so different, its like he's a different person almost...

You are right tho man, its not really sad. Starving children is sad, I'm just shitty... wish I had half the talent to waste like that.
    "I leave this as a declaration of intent, so no one will get confused. 1: Si vis pacum para bellum. Latin. If you want peace, prepare for war. 2: Frank Castle is dead. He died with his family. 3: In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacies, it is necessary to act outside the law. To pursue natural justice. This isn't vengeance. Revenge is not a valid motive, it's an emotional response. No, not vengeance. Punishment "

Donosaur, what has rampage done that was so bad? He flipped out and had that roid rage thing. Is there something else?

I think he is just getting older and the game is passing him by. Nothing wrong with that. He had an entertaining personality, and I have enjoyed his fights for the most part. Good luck to him in the future.

Thread Information