+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ian McCall says Rashad Evans is 'a dick who doesn't connect with fans'

Default Ian McCall says Rashad Evans is 'a dick who doesn't connect with fans'

Ian McCall says Rashad Evans is 'a dick who doesn't connect with fans'

UFC 156 flyweight Ian McCall says Rashad Evans is 'a dick who doesn't connect with fans' - MMAmania.com

During his appearance on MMAmania's Verbal Submission podcast, McCall randomly dropped the fact that he not only dislikes Evans, but think he's "a dick."

"I've even had run-ins or altercations with Rashad where he was just a dick. He just doesn't connect with fans. Even my nephew was like, 'Wow, that guy's an asshole,' and my nephew's like a kid at the time."

When asked if he could elaborate as to why exactly he has these feelings for the season two winner of The Ultimate Fighter (TUF), McCall told a story from back in his WEC days and an off-putting interaction between himself, his brother, his nephew and Evans:

"I was fighting in the WEC when I fought Dominick Cruz in San Diego. We were walking to the lobby and my brother and nephew were there with like Jens Pulver and a few other guys. Jens puts his arm around everybody wanting to take a picture. My nephew asked Rashad specifically and he literally stood like 2-3 feet apart from everybody, not engaging with anyone. I don't know where the picture is now but it was a really awkward picture. I've heard from a lot of people that he's just standoffish and kinda rude. You never know, he could be a great person in real life, but I'm just saying what I saw. That's what I saw."
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Having met a lot of fighters I can say that most aren't dicks, and my bro met Rashad and he was pretty nice allegedly. But yeah, I guess it depends on the timing, Rashad could have been cutting weight, going through some shit or something.

I don't think this means anything, I know professors that taught Rashad (he graduated same college as me) and they loved him. I always thought Rashad came across as a respectable athlete.

Wasn't Hawkeye (mmanewsforumcontributer) a team mate of his?

Sounds like a petty reason to call a guy out publicly.

Quote Originally Posted by MIZjitsZOU View Post
    Wasn't Hawkeye (mmanewsforumcontributer) a team mate of his?

Sounds like a petty reason to call a guy out publicly.
    Yup think I remember him saying Rashad was a cool guy

Doesn't matter much, first this was awhile back when WEC was still up. I didn't like Rashad then either but he's been nothing but humble recently imo. Secondly, why the fuck would you randomly call out a guy who you'll never compete against ? Just to garner yourself some attention ? Please stfu

Uncle Kotex

Maybe he was just in a bad mood that day.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

I don't really put much credit into what Ian McCall says.
    A tiger never loses sleep over the opinion of sheep.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information