Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dana White responds to ‘typical' Anderson Silva-Ed Soares ‘craziness'

1. Default Dana White responds to ‘typical' Anderson Silva-Ed Soares ‘craziness'

UFC Quick Quote: Dana White responds to

"This is typical Anderson Silva-Ed Soares craziness. Every (expletive) time there's a fight. He wants to fight (Demetrious) ‘Mighty Mouse' Johnson, then he wants to (expletive) fight this guy and that guy. This is always the same deal, it always happens. ‘I absolutely will not fight Chael Sonnen, he doesn't deserve the title and I'm not doing this and I'm not doing that.' This is what we do. We're waiting on something, we'll see if this pans out. When we're ready to announce it, we'll announce it. He will defend his title; it won't be a super fight."
    -- Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) President Dana White responds to recent comments made by Ed Soares, manager of UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva, who said "The Spider" has "nothing to gain" from facing top 185-pound contender Chris Weidman and also expressed interest a match up with former Strikeforce champion Cung Le. White stated his frustration to media members in a scrum following the UFC on FOX 6 post-fight press conference regarding the antics to come out of Silva's camp while the organization searches for the Brazilian's next title challenger, a fight White hints is in the works. Few would see Le posing a threat to Silva, which is why there was so much outrage when Soares made the comments. The UFC boss compares the situation to one he dealt with last year while trying to set up a Silva vs. Chael Sonnen rematch at UFC 148 and Silva repeatedly refused the fight, calling Sonnen an unworthy challenger. White eventually convinced Silva to take the fight, which is probably why he doesn't seem overly concerned that about Soares' comments, stating "this is what we do."
    When you're down.... you're down 4-Life

We're waiting on something.... Rashad v Silva great fight in my opinion. That said, I dont think the lil nog fight is really that easy, but I see Rashad pulling a UD

It's not up to the champion to decide who is a "worthy challenger." It's up to his boss to decide. If he doesn't think Weidman is "worthy" then he shouldn't complain. He should go in there, do his job, and collect what he thinks would be an easy pay day. He's faced less worthy opponents before without complaining...

Quote Originally Posted by Bork_Lazer View Post
    We're waiting on something.... Rashad v Silva great fight in my opinion. That said, I dont think the lil nog fight is really that easy, but I see Rashad pulling a UD
    I agree that it would be a pretty good fight and I think Rashad could take it, but one win and a weight cut to a new division should not earn him a title shot. If he wants to fight Anderson, he should have to win a fight at MW first.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

Quote Originally Posted by Fe1 View Post
    I agree that it would be a pretty good fight and I think Rashad could take it, but one win and a weight cut to a new division should not earn him a title shot. If he wants to fight Anderson, he should have to win a fight at MW first.
    You're so old school with fighters having to win before getting a shot at the title! Welcome to the 2013 era where fighters (Edgar, Diaz, Sonnen) gets title shots after losing their last fight.

Not to say Dan Henderson was not qualified (as he was) but Hendo just lost to Rampage when he had the title fight with Anderson. So getting a title shot after a loss isn't as abnormal is it seems.
    [CENTER]"The time is almost upon us....
    I will remake this pathetic orb in my image, and then the stars."
    Apocalypse

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Cornute View Post
    Not to say Dan Henderson was not qualified (as he was) but Hendo just lost to Rampage when he had the title fight with Anderson. So getting a title shot after a loss isn't as abnormal is it seems.
    It was different as Hendo was Pride's equivalent of UFC's MW and LHW champion. Thus he came in to have title unification matches with LHW champion Rampage and then his MW championship against Anderson.

Brown Pride

Quote Originally Posted by Fe1 View Post
    I hear you man, normally I would agree with you, for example if someone was coming down from MW to fight GSP and bypass Hendricks that would be pretty stupid. But given the circumstances right now with the MW division I wouldn't mind if Rashad got the fast track on this one.

(not directed at you)
    And on the issue of champ vs champ I think it works if it makes sense (wouldn't mind if Rockhold or Cormier got an immediate shot), but it should definitely not be set in stone that a champ from a different org gets an immediate Title shot. Safferdine is a good example of when it shouldnt happen.

Quote Originally Posted by lwbrewer View Post
    NOTE: Henderson held titles in both weight class's at the time too. those were title unification fights.
    Chris is the most deserving contender at this time but a Rockhold unification title fight could happen and still have some respect to the weight class title.

This is why I like brackets it's simple who your next match is, and there still will be room to jockey fights due to injuries and such. It's not like the UFC title holder is going up against Belator's or M1's it's all in house title fights. So the UFC has total control, but instead they will sacrafice creditablity for extra dollars today with WWE antic's.
    I agree. Posted similar about Hendo in one of the other threads on this topic.

I also agree on the brackets idea but it just seems the UFC has too many fighters to make that work.
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

9. Default

Agree Cat brackets wouldn't work for every fighter in a div. Some idea's that might lead to a better system. Bracketing top ten with a points system were other still gain points to possibly jump from say 16 to 9. Points could come from a win, record, strikes, takedowns, Ko's, Sub's, control, showmens ship, and ect... Lose points by turning down fights chosing to take time off/ basically be able to fight 3 times a year/ be avalible to fight after 100 days or lose points. Hopefully this would give a strong record of top 4 to show who the next contender should be instead of crazy match making we have seen lately for titles.
    I know this isn't perfect, but a starting point to something better hopefully.

Thread Information