Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: White: Think long and hard before signing contract with Bellator

Hybrid View

Default White: Think long and hard before signing contract with Bellator

White: Think long and hard before signing contract with Bellator - Mixed Martial Arts News

The judge must not have done his homework if he's agreeing that Spike TV and FOX are the same platforms," exclaimed White. "They're so f---ing far apart, it's not even funny. It's two different f---ing universes.

"I saw in their argument where they said, ‘Oh, Spike launches pay-per-views.' No, actually they don't. That's not true. We did. What they're doing is, they're saying -- not as much Spike, as Viacom -- has been saying, ‘We built the UFC.' No you f--king did not. No you did not, you arrogant, pompous jackass. You did not build the UFC. We'll see if you did."

"It's ridiculous. I don't know how a court or a judge couldn't see that. And even if they said, ‘You know what, let's really dive into this thing. Let's see what the lowest pay-per-view is the UFC has ever done. Let's see if we can find out what a low number is, what a high number is, and let's see if we can find a right number that Eddie Alvarez should be paid.' There's got to be some middle ground there. Say, okay, depending on what pay-per-view he would have been on, this is maybe what he should have been paid. Find a middle ground, and pay the kid what he should've been paid. There's nothing wrong with this whole situation as long as Eddie Alvarez gets paid.

"This isn't one of those situations where you're talking about, ‘Poor little Bellator.' Viacom owns Bellator. They're the owners of Bellator. They pull the triggers. They make the money. They have the money, they decide what's going on over there.

"These are boxing guys, man. This is what boxing guys do. They sue everybody. They're always in court, every 15 minutes. So this is something, this Eddie Alvarez situation, if you look at the 13-year history of the UFC, and our relationship with fighters, and what we've done, there's always going to be a situation where guys need more money. Everybody wants to make more money. You guys want to make more money. Everybody needs to make more money. That's never going to change. That's in all of sports, okay?

"But you better think long and hard if you're a manager or a fighter and you're about to do a deal with Bellator. Think long and hard about how you negotiate that contract."
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

2. Default

Sounds like this Eddie contract has the UFC wanting to go after Belator. They most likely can cost them a lot of money, but I don't think the courts would let them take it over. Monopoly rules should stop them.
    In the end I believe he stays over there but the UFC is insuring they pay heavy for it

Quote Originally Posted by lwbrewer View Post
    Sounds like this Eddie contract has the UFC wanting to go after Belator. They most likely can cost them a lot of money, but I don't think the courts would let them take it over. Monopoly rules should stop them.
    In the end I believe he stays over there but the UFC is insuring they pay heavy for it
    Like it's stopped the NFL, NHL, MLB, etc...

Quote Originally Posted by the_dark_angel_4ever View Post
    Like it's stopped the NFL, NHL, MLB, etc...
    the monopoly rules dont really apply to major league sports. there is 1 elite league for every major sport. thats just the way it is.
    Favorites: Fedor, Lytle, BJ, Tito, Wandy, Shogun, GSP, Belcher, Leben, Sonnen, Rutten...
    Most Hated: Cerrone, Maynard, Fitch, Rashad, Lesnar, Shields, Kos, Jon Jones....

Quote Originally Posted by Luc1an View Post
    the monopoly rules dont really apply to major league sports. there is 1 elite league for every major sport. thats just the way it is.
    No.

Although the comparison is indeed foolish and shortsighted, that's not why the comparison is foolish and shortsighted.

The difference is there are many, many owners who have teams that play in one sanctioned league. That model simply doesn't equate to a monopoly, by any standards. You have different competing interests within the league, not an executive board of 3 or 4 people who make all of the decisions.

To take that a step further, you didn't have the NFL actively working to destroy/subjugate the USFL, or CFL, or anything else.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

One should probably 'think long and hard' before signing any contract...
    "To be truly walking on the warrior's path, we have to bring our minds back to the time when we were not ashamed of our dreams; when reality had not yet frustrated our ambitions; when our desire was still too strong to be repressed, and our spirit refused to surrender in resignation; when we were not yet doctors, businessmen, or lawyers, but still wanted to be heroes, leaders, bodhisattvas. The first step on the way to being warriors is to get back in touch with our dreams."

Quote Originally Posted by MirJitsu View Post
    One should probably 'think long and hard' before signing any contract...
    Exactly this.

I said it before, and I'll say it again. I give Bellator another year

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

How much time before Zuffa buys (and then kills) Bellattor?
    I say 2 years.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

Thread Information