Frankie Edgar Warns Ahead of UFC 156 "Don't Mistake My Kindness for Weakness" | MMAWeekly.com

“I don’t think I have been in a fight where I have been the favorite,” Edgar told MMAWeekly Radio. “For me this is just what I’m used to. It’s my normal role. I’m going to come here and I’m going to show up for a fight. There’s never been a fight I haven’t been prepared for and I haven’t showed up for, and it’s going to be no different come Feb. 2.”
Fellow UFC fighter Edson Barboza, who had success in kickboxing as well as MMA, served as a shadow for Aldo in Edgar’s camp, along with World Series of Fighting bantamweight Marlon Moraes, who recently defeated former WEC champ Miguel Torres.

“It’s been a blessing for sure. (Edson) is phenomenal, and actually Marlon Moraes, his friend from Brazil who is also an excellent Muay Thai practitioner, so between the both of them, I’ve definitely going to be more than prepared for Feb. 2,” said Edgar.
“That’s the way I’ve always been. I was always told growing up the loud mouth, the big mouth, is not the guy you have to worry about, you have to worry about the quiet guy. I guess that stuck with me,” Edgar stated.

“I will say this: don’t mistake my kindness for weakness, because I definitely bring it every fight, and it’s going to be no different on Feb. 2.”