Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Frankie Edgar Warns Ahead of UFC 156 “Don’t Mistake My Kindness for Weakness”

Default Frankie Edgar Warns Ahead of UFC 156 “Don’t Mistake My Kindness for Weakness”

Frankie Edgar Warns Ahead of UFC 156 "Don't Mistake My Kindness for Weakness" | MMAWeekly.com

“I don’t think I have been in a fight where I have been the favorite,” Edgar told MMAWeekly Radio. “For me this is just what I’m used to. It’s my normal role. I’m going to come here and I’m going to show up for a fight. There’s never been a fight I haven’t been prepared for and I haven’t showed up for, and it’s going to be no different come Feb. 2.”
    Fellow UFC fighter Edson Barboza, who had success in kickboxing as well as MMA, served as a shadow for Aldo in Edgar’s camp, along with World Series of Fighting bantamweight Marlon Moraes, who recently defeated former WEC champ Miguel Torres.

“It’s been a blessing for sure. (Edson) is phenomenal, and actually Marlon Moraes, his friend from Brazil who is also an excellent Muay Thai practitioner, so between the both of them, I’ve definitely going to be more than prepared for Feb. 2,” said Edgar.
    “That’s the way I’ve always been. I was always told growing up the loud mouth, the big mouth, is not the guy you have to worry about, you have to worry about the quiet guy. I guess that stuck with me,” Edgar stated.

“I will say this: don’t mistake my kindness for weakness, because I definitely bring it every fight, and it’s going to be no different on Feb. 2.”
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Great potential for fight of the year right here!

Won't be surprised at all if Frankie takes it. Still not sure who to pick for the pick ems. A huge part of this fight is whether or not Frankie can do a good job at checking/dealing with leg kicks, and he's training with Barboza who has some of the best, and apparently this other guy is pretty good as well. Aldo has good hands too but their nothing like his kicks and knees imo, I think Frankie can get inside and mix it up pretty good and throw in some takedowns. Could be a pretty close decision.

I hope this isn't too big, because it's awesome.

And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

If Frankie can take down Aldo within the first round, he has a chance at winning. But if he stands with him for the majority of the fight I can't see him out striking Aldo. Frankie is going to have to strike from way on the outside to avoid the leg kicks and with Jose's tight defense I just don't see it playing out to well for him. I think this fight will open a lot of people's eyes to just how good Jose Aldo is, in my book he is #1 pfp. The only weakness he has ever shown was the one time he faded in the 5th round of one his fights, due to a bad weight cut.

I did not know about that K-1 Rule being changed because of Overeem. That's pretty awesome.
    Sorry Fedor, but Dan Henderson is the G.O.A.T.

Favorite Fighter: JIM MILLER.
    Scariest Dude on the Planet: TYRONE SPONG.
    Other Favorites: Chris Lytle, Martin Kampmann, Joe Lauzon, Khabib Nurmagomedov, Conor McGregor, Paul Daley, Ross Pearson, Donald Cerrone, Renan Barao, Glover Texiera, & Alistair Overeem.

"He doesn't write his own material. Some homo in Queens living in his mother's basement in his underwear is writing Chael's material for him." - DON FRYE.

I would love to see Frankie take this one, but it'll be a tough one for him to pull off for sure. As someone else said above, this has the potential for Fight of the Year. I can't wait to watch it.

I can see Frankie taking this as long as he's wary of leg kicks, Barboza is a pretty damn good choice of sparring partner for Aldo. If Frankie keeps standing he'll have the same kinda fight Florian had with Aldo.

Quote Originally Posted by Firemass View Post
    I can see Frankie taking this as long as he's wary of leg kicks, Barboza is a pretty damn good choice of sparring partner for Aldo. If Frankie keeps standing he'll have the same kinda fight Florian had with Aldo.
    Frankie is a smart guy I'm sure hes been training for the kicks. I recall the Ben Henderson fight Frankie caught many of Benson's kicks. Although Bendo doesn't kick as well as Aldo, Frankie should be prepared. I also think Barboza is an extremely good choice of training partners for Frankie.

Quote Originally Posted by The8thPlague View Post
    I did not know about that K-1 Rule being changed because of Overeem. That's pretty awesome.
    yeah i'd bet AO thought it was bull shit

Thread Information