+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hioki Thought He Inflicted More Damage Than Clay Guida, but Not Yet Asking for Rematc

Default Hioki Thought He Inflicted More Damage Than Clay Guida, but Not Yet Asking for Rematc

Hatsu Hioki Thought He Inflicted More Damage Than Clay Guida, but Not Yet Asking for Rematch

Hatsu Hioki Thought He Inflicted More Damage Than Clay Guida, but Not Yet Asking for Immediate Rematch | MMAWeekly.com

“Guida was very skilled and tough. Also, he is a very respectful gentleman, so I was very honored to face him.”

In the eyes of many, Hioki worked hard enough off his back to make a case that being on the bottom doesn’t automatically mean a fighter is losing the bout. Still, Hioki knows that sometimes judges don’t see it that way.

“It would have been great if judges have me more credits for working off my back, but, again, I understand how the unified rules work so I am not to complain about anything,” he said. “Guida won the bout fair and square.”

Though Hioki is taking the loss with grace, it would be understandable if he would immediately seek a rematch with Guida, but at the moment, that is not the case.

“I cannot think of anything like that nature right now because I just fought, so I will see as a time goes by,” said Hioki.

While he’s not thinking immediately of what to do next, one thing is for sure, Hioki intends to return and do so an improved fighter because of this loss.

“The team will learn from this as that fight was a tremendous opportunity as a learning tool, so I take one step at the time to work my way back,” he said.

“I will be back!”
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

I thought he won all 3 rounds. The jabs alone that he was landing were far more damaging than anything Guida was coming close to landing...and Hioki is right at home on his back, doesn't mind being there at all. Hell, he was probably more comfortable on his back than Guida was in his guard. B.S decision.

I hope this isn't too big, because it's awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by dbader08 View Post
    I thought he won all 3 rounds. The jabs alone that he was landing were far more damaging than anything Guida was coming close to landing...and Hioki is right at home on his back, doesn't mind being there at all. Hell, he was probably more comfortable on his back than Guida was in his guard. B.S decision.
    Yeah, I couldn't believe the judge who scored it 30-27 for Guida...

I thought he won...When Guida was ontop he didnt land anything and couldnt pass the gaurd. He also was very close to getting tapped a couple times

I thought that this fight displayed one of the major problems with MMA judging. Hioki clearly did more damage and should have won that fight. I understand "octagon control" and I'm all for it, but the judges need to understand that "octagon control" and being on top aren't necessarily the same thing. Yes Guida was on top, but the entire time on top he was on the defensive. Hioki landed some nice shots from the bottom as well as threw up numerous submission attempts. Guida was focusing so hard on not being subbed, that he inflicted little to no damage from Hioki's guard. Not to mention how sharp Hioki looked on his feet. I'm not exactly sure how to fix this problem, but it needs to be fixed. The judge who gave Guida all three rounds shouldn't ever judge another MMA fight again.

I love how it says Clay won by Lay and Pray on his wikipedia record.

Hioki definitely did more than enough to win the fight. It's too bad that the judges didn't see it that way. Guida looked like he was moving on top, but he was really not doing anything. He was both outstruck and outgrappled, and yet won the fight because he took it to the ground once in each round.

Why is Gabriel Sabaitis even judging? Does he even judge more than one event a year? Is that sufficient to be able to judge?

8. Default

After being in a debate over Clay in a nother post with Dr. MMA now see why to what he wrote. I have the fight taped and is one of Clays I havent watched yet. I do agree with being on top doesn't always mean control. Some fighters can do more damage from the bottom, and that should mean control too.

he did inflict more damage, but clay landed a td every round. When the rounds r that close, usually the guy who sneaks in a td takes it, right or wrong. Clay won imo but not 30-27. If hatsu won i wouldnt dispute it.

Quote Originally Posted by carbondioxide830 View Post
    he did inflict more damage, but clay landed a td every round. When the rounds r that close, usually the guy who sneaks in a td takes it, right or wrong. Clay won imo but not 30-27. If hatsu won i wouldnt dispute it.
    The rounds shouldn't have been considered that close. Hioki outlanded Guida by nearly 2 times the strikes. On the ground, Hioki was the one controlling Guida most of the time and actually locked on submissions. One takedown per round shouldn't negate both the standup and the groundwork.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information