Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Jones wants to break Anderson Silva's UFC records prior to losing to a 'younger guy'

Jones looks better and better every fight and is only 25.
    I disagree with that.
    I was very unimpressed with his performances over Rashad and Belfort.

But I agree that he will not lose anytime soon. Machida is the only one that I have some hopes in, maybe Mousasi too.
    There is no one else that can beat him at LHW. Not even Gus or Teixeira.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Pasha K View Post
    I disagree with that.
    I was very unimpressed with his performances over Rashad and Belfort.

But I agree that he will not lose anytime soon. Machida is the only one that I have some hopes in, maybe Mousasi too.
    There is no one else that can beat him at LHW. Not even Gus or Teixeira.

I dont view those fights as him fighting at full capacity, and therefor don't count it against him.

Jones had a busted arm the entire fight against Vitor, and he still dominated him, busted him up like champagne, and submitted him with a perfect Americana.

In the Evans fight, he was clearly mentally uneasy; his first majorly hyped up fight that was also very personal since he was fighting a man that mentored him. In light of that, Jones dominated Evans with relative ease on the feet and dropped him 2 times. Evans is IMO the #2 LHW in the world and has been since he beat Forrest, so considering all of that, I actually think this fight showed an vast improvement upon my previous impression of him; his mental fortitude really impressed me.

Anyways, thats my reasoning, feel free to disagree.
    Jones Era >> Machida Era
    Favorite fighters: Anderson Silva, Jon Jones, Michael Johnson, Jose Aldo, Chris Weidman.

Bones has beaten and surpassed what I thought he could do. I honestly think he will go down as the greatest LHW to date,with the names he is defeating,and with ease.

Also,I find most records in Pride are suspect, I don't believe for one second fighters were always clean,not one second.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trojan Fight Club View Post
    well now I've seen War Machine's dick. fantastic.
    Quote Originally Posted by GL Jeff View Post
    Ill go against the grain.
    Werdum via triangle
    Someone needs to cheer for those poor souls.

what wasnt impressive about the rashad fight? no one has ever made rashad look like that and Jones was thowing elbows like they were hooks...Rashad was completely outclassed in that fight.

As for the Vitor fight, he faced adversity and got through it and then finished Vitor. IMO thats impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by BonesKnows View Post
    what wasnt impressive about the rashad fight? no one has ever made rashad look like that and Jones was thowing elbows like they were hooks...Rashad was completely outclassed in that fight.
    I think Machida might have a case for making Rashad look worse
    He made the fight look relatively easy and that's not easy against someone as good as Rashad.

As for the Vitor fight, he faced adversity and got through it and then finished Vitor. IMO thats impressive.
    Agreed. He played it a lot more cautious after the arm bar he could have finished a lot sooner then he did.

Thread Information