+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Josh Barnett: BJJ NOT a fight, boxing is 1/3 of a fight

Default Josh Barnett: BJJ NOT a fight, boxing is 1/3 of a fight

Josh Barnett: BJJ NOT a fight, boxing is 1/3 of a fight - Mixed Martial Arts News

Josh Barnett recently attended a BJJ tournament, and offered his thoughts, via Twitter.

Josh Barnett ‏@JoshLBarnett
    Just overheard, "How many fights did you have today?". The answer is none. You've had zero fights today. Doing BJJ is NOT a fight.

@TheErikHammer
    well I just heard "sweet I get a medal because my guy did not show up."

Such a proud victory.

I just watched two grown men jump in the air at each other and start scissoring. They scissored each other in mid air. And I paid to get in.

Boxing is a fight. 1/3 of a fight maybe but still a fight. To me for something to be called a fight it must involve striking your opponent.
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Wish Josh would learn how to strike or fight if thats what he calls it...
    I really believe that people like Bill Murray or John Belushi are just as great and just as valid as Robert De Niro or Al Pacino. And I don't think you can say One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest (1975) is a better movie than Animal House (1978); they're different genres. I think they're both examples of great craftsmanship.

-Sam Rockwell

his striking is fine for his style. he connected against cormier quite a bit, and knocked rizzo out cold.
    Survival is Triumph Enough
    -Harry Crews

and he's pretty damn tough as we saw in the Cormier fight.

I hope this isn't too big, because it's awesome.

I think Josh is a great fighter I just don't like the way he was talking there for someone who mainly grapple fucks his opponents and subs them with eaze.
    I really believe that people like Bill Murray or John Belushi are just as great and just as valid as Robert De Niro or Al Pacino. And I don't think you can say One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest (1975) is a better movie than Animal House (1978); they're different genres. I think they're both examples of great craftsmanship.

-Sam Rockwell

i think what he is saying is true. I do bjj and when someone calls the matches fights it's weird.

I actually agree w/ josh...

8. Default

3 TIMES JOSH, 3 TIMES....

please go away and stop talking
    "...for he today who sheds his blood with me shall be my brother." William Shakespeare

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it." Helen Keller

Quote Originally Posted by carbondioxide830 View Post
    I actually agree w/ josh...
    +1 Hard to argue with that. I've never considered grappling with someone a fight.

White excited for Strikeforce migration, believes Barnett deal will happen

White excited for Strikeforce migration, believes Barnett deal will happen | News

"That's awesome. I'm glad to hear that," White said of Barnett's hope for a UFC return. "I've got a pretty good feeling he'll be in the UFC. I'm pretty sure, as far as I'm concerned anyway, Josh and I have cleared up (our issues). Right when we bought Strikeforce is when we had the fighter summit, and Josh was there. And Josh and I have bumped into each other a couple times. I'm comfortable with where we're at."

Barnett has won nine of his past 10 fights with the lone loss coming to Daniel Cormier in the Strikeforce heavyweight grand prix final.
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information