Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pettis: Liver kick worse than a KO

Default Pettis: Liver kick worse than a KO

Pettis: Liver kick worse than a KO - Mixed Martial Arts News

ďI hit him with the first body kick and I caught him reaching for a punch, and thatís the worst time to get hit. Your bodyís fully extended. Youíre not expecting to get hit. I caught him with the first one and I could tell in his face right away that he was hurt, but heís one of them guys thatís still dangerous Ö Your body shuts down. You canít do anything. Your mindís still working and you know you want to fight back, and being at this level Iím sure he wanted to fight back, but when you get hit like that and that clean, your body just shuts down. You literally canít do anything. Itís a sucky feeling because youíre fully conscious.

I think itís worse than a knockout because youíre fully conscious. You know whatís going on, but you just canít fight back.Ē

I wonder what is more painful. A Crocop LHK or a Bas Rutten liver shot.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

I dont think so. A poor way to lose/win imo... Not as thrilling as a KTFO... but still a good win for Pettis...

and Cerrone is a legit Muay thai fighter...

I dont just think Pettis is Bendo's kryptonite, had Edgar still been champ, he would beat his ass too imo...

Quote Originally Posted by Pasha K View Post
    I wonder what is more painful. A Crocop LHK or a Bas Rutten liver shot.
    As far as pain, a liver shot... but with a left head kick from CC, you would be unconscious, and it would have far greater long term effects.

It looked extremely painful and definitely paralyzing. You could tell he couldnt do anything, and then got up and was like fuck. Definitely a clean kick that had a lot of impact. That slow mo replay that fox does helped too.

Quote Originally Posted by rampage9712 View Post
    I dont just think Pettis is Bendo's kryptonite, had Edgar still been champ, he would beat his ass too imo...
    The first fight with Henderson was fairly close and personally I thought if Benson had of pushed the pace a bit more on the grappling end of things he would have won. He let Pettis decide where the fight went and lost as much because of that. I think a rematch goes differently and don't think Pettis is a lock to beat him.

Quote Originally Posted by Rise View Post
    The first fight with Henderson was fairly close and personally I thought if Benson had of pushed the pace a bit more on the grappling end of things he would have won. He let Pettis decide where the fight went and lost as much because of that. I think a rematch goes differently and don't think Pettis is a lock to beat him.
    Agree...

It should be a great rematch if/when it happens... I just dont see Bendo being able to hang with Pettis standing...

If he actually uses a better wrestling gameplan, he may be able to be more successful.

One of the worst feelings I have ever had in my life was being hit in the liver not saying painful but just a shitty experience.

A friend and I were exchanging body shots when we a good few years back and we started light and gradually got harder...The whole purpose of what we were doing was to try to immune our bodies to body shots...Anyhow when we were still in pretty much light power stage i got hit with a liver shot it felt like all the blood in my body rushed to my head i staggerd and stumbled forward face first...I couldnt find the energy to get back on my feet for a good 30 seconds anyways it fuckin sucked I tell you.

In my life 2 of the most devestating blows I have ever been hit with were light punches while playing around..
    I really believe that people like Bill Murray or John Belushi are just as great and just as valid as Robert De Niro or Al Pacino. And I don't think you can say One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest (1975) is a better movie than Animal House (1978); they're different genres. I think they're both examples of great craftsmanship.

-Sam Rockwell

So I guess if I ever decided to start training some MMA I'm going to work out and condition my core an insane amount...God damn liver shots sound horrible.

I hope this isn't too big, because it's awesome.

id agree, a good liver shot is probably one of the worst feelings ever

Thread Information