Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: White says Anderson Silva vs. Chris Weidman is 'closer than people think'

Default White says Anderson Silva vs. Chris Weidman is 'closer than people think'

Dana White says Anderson Silva vs. Chris Weidman is 'closer than people think' - Bloody Elbow

In an effort to appeal for contendership, Weidman met with UFC president Dana White on Friday before UFC On Fox 6. Tuesday, on UFC Tonight, Dana gave some details from his talk with Weidman:

Anderson vs Weidman is closer than people think. I actually thought that Weidman was going to be out a lot longer than he was because of his injury, but he's healed up pretty well and he'll be ready to start training in a couple of months. So we're looking at a couple of different options, some options we like, and Weidman is one of them.
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

in before the shit strom that will be this thread.........

Back on topic; im not 100% sold on weidman. Give him vitor or rockhold in a true #1 contender match and if he wins he gets AS.

WE ARE ALL WITNESS: JANUARY 3, 2015

Quote Originally Posted by BonesKnows View Post

Back on topic; im not 100% sold on weidman. Give him vitor or rockhold in a true #1 contender match and if he wins he gets AS.
    quote & Print.
    Jones Era >> Machida Era
    Favorite fighters: Anderson Silva, Jon Jones, Michael Johnson, Jose Aldo, Chris Weidman.

Honestly if you look at it there isn't really anyone out in the MW division right now who screams title shot. But if we as fans and the UFC agree.. no one will push for the title to be defended and Silva will just sit on his thumbs and try to talk his way out of fighting. I dont think beating Munoz should give anyone an automatic shot but for the sake of the belt put Silva vs Weidman down right now and make a Rockhold vs Lombard a #1 contender match.
    "I AM THE PUNISHMENT OF GOD, IF YOU HAVE NOT COMMITTED GREAT SINS GOD WOULD NOT HAVE SENT A PUNISHMENT LIKE ME UPON YOU."

~ Genghis Khan

5. Default

GOOD

Weidman has the skillset to give Anderson trouble. Chris' wrestling, GnP, and high level BJJ might give fits to Anderson.

I am a Anderson fan but I think Weidman has the best shot at MW to beat Anderson.
    "...for he today who sheds his blood with me shall be my brother." William Shakespeare

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it." Helen Keller

Quote Originally Posted by BonesKnows View Post

Have to sarcastically agree with BonesKnows here.

I mean nothing says champion like not defending your title for over a year which is what it will be if we have Weidman fight Vitor or Rockhold next.
    Hating on Anderson Silva before it was the cool thing to do.

The idea of a "true number one contender" is the stupidiest MMA idea to be perpetuated by fans and media, EVER.

HATES the new MMANEWS forum. Bring back the dark background.

He deserves it the most and he should get it.

8. Default

Like Chris or not at the time he earned #1 spot was ready to fight it last year, but the champ choose to sit out. Since than nobody has rose above Chris's accomplishments.
    I think most want to see is Anderson fight, and I'd rather see it defending the title not a vanity fight.

Chris Weidman offers Anderson Silva immediate rematch at MSG, Dana White 'likes' the 'All-American' option

http://www.mmamania.com/2013/1/30/39...dana-white-mma

"Perfect world, [I will be ready to fight] July 4th weekend ... against Anderson Silva. I'll grant him an immediate rematch at Madison Square Garden in New York City. [My name] is one that they don't mention ever. They're running."

Florian: Silva avoiding Weidman because he's a bad match up - Mixed Martial Arts News

Kenny Florian appeared recently on UFC Tonight, and said emphatically that Silva should fight Weidman.

"This is my problem, I give Anderson Silva a pass for pretty much anything," said Florian. "But when he starts calling out guys like Luke Rockhold and Cung Le and you're saying you want big name fighters, those guys are maybe at the same level as far as name recognition.

"I believe Chris Weidman is just a bad style matchup for Anderson Silva and that's why he's being avoided. If you're calling out those guys, you better include Chris Weidman."
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Did KenFlo just say Anderson was ducking Weidman?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

Thread Information