Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: White says Anderson Silva vs. Chris Weidman is 'closer than people think'

1. Default

Even though I know it is Rampage, I can't take anything he posts seriously anymore when it is written by a guy named Kimbo>Rampage, lol.

Seriously though, mad respect for you jumping in here and getting my back against this big posee (sp)
    Not a peep from you on this thread for two days, but it took the 'Chris Weidman Fanclub' backing you up for you to gather the courage to show your face in here again? lol

And I noticed you didn't bother to address the fact that you were wrong with your long-winded allegation that Riv speculated "why" Anderson doesn't want to face Chris....
    ------------------

Quote Originally Posted by rivethead View Post
    The Okami fight was the best win Anderson has had in almost 5 years.

rh

I don't think I was the one to say that either. I think the accuracy of your misquotes is a great illustration of the intellect you bring to the discussion.

Or lack thereof. Complete and utter lack thereof.

rh

Rivet....I dont typically address you.........but you must be just trolling with that seccond comment........
    Last edited by CtGreat; 02-06-2013 at 06:41 PM.
    Jones Era >> Machida Era
    Favorite fighters: Anderson Silva, Jon Jones, Michael Johnson, Jose Aldo, Chris Weidman.

Quote Originally Posted by JPeezy View Post
    Another intelligent contribution by CTGreat.

Quote Originally Posted by CtGreat View Post
    Rivet....I dont typically address you.........but you must be just trolling with that seccond comment........
    Seriously not trolling. I don't have to, this is too easy already without it.

It's been almost 5 years since Hendo, right? I couldn't remember exactly when Anderson and Hendo fought, and didn't want to bother with fightfinder to try to pin it down, so I wrote "almost." I could have said "since Hendo" but it wasn't an intentional effort to mislead. I thought it would be clear and pretty obvious that I wasn't including Dan by the way it was phrased. Although I still haven't checked for the exact date, I think it's close to 5 years.

More to the point, I know you're an Anderson fan...do you think I'm holding him to a standard that I don't hold other fighters to?

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

Seriously not trolling. I don't have to, this is too easy already without it.

It's been almost 5 years since Hendo, right? I couldn't remember exactly when Anderson and Hendo fought, and didn't want to bother with fightfinder to try to pin it down, so I wrote "almost." I could have said "since Hendo" but it wasn't an intentional effort to mislead. I thought it would be clear and pretty obvious that I wasn't including Dan by the way it was phrased. Although I still haven't checked for the exact date, I think it's close to 5 years.

More to the point, I know you're an Anderson fan...do you think I'm holding him to a standard that I don't hold other fighters to?

rh
    I was refering to how you said it was his best fight in almost 5 years, and then said that you didn't say that.

I honestly cannot testify as to whether or not you hold him to a higher standard, as I don't remember your comments on past events with other fighters. However, I can certainly say that many other posters here do hold Silva to higher standards.
    Jones Era >> Machida Era
    Favorite fighters: Anderson Silva, Jon Jones, Michael Johnson, Jose Aldo, Chris Weidman.

I was refering to how you said it was his best fight in almost 5 years, and then said that you didn't say that.
    No, you're making the same mistake the other mope did.

I said Okami was his best fight in almost 5 years. Note that I said "almost," not "it was his best fight in 5 years." It's been almost 5 years since the Hendo fight, thus Hendo isn't included. I was 100% accurate, and intentional.

The mope then misinterpreted almost 5 years as actually being 5 years, thus including Henderson. Like most of his other nonsense, he was incorrect in that assumption.

He then misquoted me as saying Okami was Anderson's best fight in 5 years. Since that wasn't what I said, I clarified. Does that make sense?

I'm not making a statement and pretending I didn't make it two days later. It's there in black and white, it's not my fault if he can't read.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

Quote Originally Posted by H0SS View Post
    Not a peep from you on this thread for two days, but it took the 'Chris Weidman Fanclub' backing you up for you to gather the courage to show your face in here again? lol

And I noticed you didn't bother to address the fact that you were wrong with your long-winded allegation that Riv speculated "why" Anderson doesn't want to face Chris....
    Well, I dont think posting here is a matter of courage. I post here because I enjoy discussing MMA, but when the conversation veers of into linguistics I quickly lose interest. Now, since it seems that you want me to address the what/why issue, I will give it one last try.

An example of a simple what Anderson Silva said would be:

Silva said that he does not want to fight Weidman.

An example of why Anderson Silva said that would be:

Silva saying "I do not want to fight Weidman." minimally means that Weidman caught Silva's attention.
    Look at it this way

- Why did Anderson Silva say "I do not want to fight Weidman."???

- Well, minimally because Weidman caught his attention.

Simply because he did not literally say the word why does not mean that he was not speculating as to why he said it.

I said Okami was his best fight in almost 5 years. Note that I said "almost," not "it was his best fight in 5 years." It's been almost 5 years since the Hendo fight, thus Hendo isn't included. I was 100% accurate, and intentional.

The mope then misinterpreted almost 5 years as actually being 5 years, thus including Henderson. Like most of his other nonsense, he was incorrect in that assumption.

He then misquoted me as saying Okami was Anderson's best fight in 5 years. Since that wasn't what I said, I clarified. Does that make sense?

I'm not making a statement and pretending I didn't make it two days later. It's there in black and white, it's not my fault if he can't read.

rh
    When you said he misquoted you, I didn't realize that he removed the "almost" from his quote.
    Jones Era >> Machida Era

rh
    Hey listen mope, the beauty of an online forum is that you can scroll back and look at exactly what was said. So in this case, I can scroll back to exactly what I said:

" I know you said almost 5 years, but lets look at who he beat in the last 5 years...

almost exactly 5 years ago
    Dan Henderson - One of the most decorated fighters of all time"

I specifically phrased it that way because I had no way of knowing if you meant to include Henderson in that mix or not.

Does that make sense to you?

PS that is in the middle of page 9 if you don't believe me.

Quote Originally Posted by Bork_Lazer View Post
    Simply because he did not literally say the word why does not mean that he was not speculating as to why he said it.
    What
    What | Define What at Dictionary.com

Why
    Why | Define Why at Dictionary.com

you should learn the difference. Because everything you post indicates you don't know what you're talking about.

When you said he misquoted you, I didn't realize that he removed the "almost" from his quote.
    Thank you. He doesn't realize it either. Even now.

PS that is in the middle of page 9 if you don't believe me.
    Yeah...but this is on page 10
    Dan Henderson would beg to differ what? That Okami is Anderson's best win in 5 years? I wasn't the one to say that. I was quoting someone else...
    If it wasn't me you were quoting, who was it?

...and just in case that one gives you trouble too:
    Who
    http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/who?s=t

...those pesky "wh" words.

rh
    Last edited by rivethead; 02-06-2013 at 07:45 PM.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

Nobody can prove why Silva doesn't want to fight him. That doesn't matter to me. The fact remains that after just five fights in the UFC, Weidman's name was in the mouth of guys in Anderson's camp before Anderson's name was in Weidman's.

rh

I mush have missed something. Cuz I dont remember Silva bringing up Weidman first.

I dont remember seeing anything from Silva or his camp until after the Munoz fight in which Sonnen put it in everyones head that Weidman was next. After that I remember hearing Weidman call for the shot, then Anderson say he was interested in fighting him. Im pretty sure Silva said why he wasnt interested in the fight in the interview. It is in a thread around here somewhere.

I think a lot of people were jumping on the Weidman bandwagon way before its ready to take off. He does have a lot of potential, but he is the No. 1 contender by default at this point (although I think he should fight a tune up fight)

I also think that Silva and Soarse talk a lot of shit just to be talking and stir the pot. You dont get Anderson Silva Money without driving a hard bargin. My guess would be that it goes something like Silva says he wouldnt fight Sonnen, Sonnen talks more shit, Dana really wants the fight, offers Silva more PPV money in a fight that Sonnen has already sold before the ink drys.

While Weidman isnt that level of shit talking yet, it has gotten the MMA community talking and pushing for the fight, which pushes Dana cuz he sees $$$$$$$$$ which in turn gets Anderson Silva Anderson Silva Money

Thread Information