Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast

Thread: White says Anderson Silva vs. Chris Weidman is 'closer than people think'

Kimbo> Rampage Guest

Dana said Anderson has never flat out refused to fight anyone...

Anderson said he would either fight Bisping or Weidman if he didnt fight GSP...

Dana just said several times that Anderson would mostlikely fight Weidman next... He and Ed both said they were working on Andersons next fight, and if Dana mentioned Chris...

If Anderson fights Chis next, it will be his first legit opportunity since the Munoz fight to fight him.

Quote Originally Posted by Sniggles View Post
    Rampage is scared for Anderson and has a hard-on for Soares' butt.
    In all sincerity, it would not surprise me if all of soares' nonsense is a work, and he's helping dana/zuffa hype Weidman by coming out immediately and saying he's a nobody who doesn't deserve the privilege of the title shot, getting Weidman fanboys and Anderson-haters charged up from the onset.

He'll probably write a tell-all book in 10 years when he'd done laughing all the way to the bank.

but he's still a bottom feeder.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

Quote Originally Posted by rivethead View Post
    No, I'm not.

I'm interpreting what happened. Not why. Big difference, that seems to be lost on you.

...I'm not sure where you're getting this desperation. I've said Weidman is the best option right now, far better than a vanity fight with Georges, Nick Diaz or Cung Le. But I've also stated repeatedly that I think Anderson is heavily favored, and beats Chris 7 out of 10 times.

But I guess only a person who can't tell the difference between "what happened" and "why something may have happened" can interpret that as desperation.

I actually have tremendous respect for Anderson's skills. I think he's one of the best fighters ever. I just wish he'd ditch his management, stop acting like he just got elected prom queen and start doing his job to the level which he's obviously capable.

On Anderson's fights over the last 5 years:
    Okami was the most complete MW he faced since Henderson, and the most solidly ranked. Okami is a better grappler than sonnen, with much, much better striking. Anderson simply pwned him, and that's what makes it his best win, in my opinion.

I don't really care about the cherry picked wins at LHW. If he's MW champion, I want him to defend the MW belt. That's his job.

Maia was very softly ranked at the time of his title shot--he'd been KO'd just9 months before it, and beat an unranked Miller to get on a 1-win-streak to earn the shot. Moreover, the fight with Anderson sucked. Anderson not only behaved like a complete asshole, he actually managed to lose rounds when he gassed, not from fighting, but from playing air guitar. Maia remains one of the worst wins on Anderson's resume, even worse than facing Irvin, who was actively addicted to narcotics when they fought. At least with Irvin, he went out and put him away instantly.

You call me a fanboy, but Im not even one saying that Weidman shouldn't get the shot. I have posted time and time again that if most people only think he should get it out of a process of elimination, then that right there makes it clear that he isn't the only one that could get it. Rockhold has just as good a claim.
    I've said for months that Rockhold had a claim, and the both Weidman and Rockhold should be lightyears ahead of Bisping.

Yes, because having exactly zero wins at MW--ever--makes a firm case for him getting a shot. That makes almost as much sense as thinking I hate Anderson: saying he's one of the best fighters ever, saying he's a huge favorite over Weidman, etc. That's pure hate, because he took my lunch money.

Anderson should be facing Weidman or Rockhold in May. They shouldn't be fighting each other, and he shouldn't be facing Nick Diaz or Cung Le or whatever crack-smoked figment his management comes up with next.

If Weidman gets another shot and wins, he's actually better prepared to face Anderson, and shakes some ring rust, as well as gets the opportunity to build his name into a bit more buy-rate cache.

I don't really care either way, as long as Anderson is defending, soon, against a legitimate opponent...to me, that's either Weidman or Rockhold before July.

rh
    This post should have ended it.

Bork claims that he tunes out when an argument is about linguistics, yet he took it there and gave the silly argument continuity.

By the way, Rockhold has never beat the kind of competition that Weidman has in his past 3 fights.

Rockhold only had the Strikeforce belt because Shields went to the UFC.

Kimbo> Rampage Guest

Rampage is scared for Anderson and has a hard-on for Soares' butt.
    Weidman is Anderson's toughest test available right now...(Rematches and fighters from other weight classes aside.)
    Weidman is just as deserving as anyone for a shot at Anderson. I only have Rockhold with him, but Chris poses more stylistic problems for Anderson... so its the better fight.

That is the fight I want. I want to see Anderson fight the best, If Chris is really better than him, so be it.. .good for him... may the better man win.

Im a big Anderson fan, but if he isnt fighting the best, whats the point? I will always support my guys, but the competitive sport comes first. I would not want my fighter to win, if he wasnt the better man.

I like Weidman... New legit up and comers and potential phenoms dont come around every day. He has the talent, the skill, everything to make it big

The only problems I have regarding weidman is the idea that Anderson is ducking him (a common trend for Anderson opponents) and people going way overboard with his wins over Maia and Munoz...

Yes he deserves a title shot, but dont act like he is in a class of his own at this point, its actually a joke to act like that.

Bork claims that he tunes out when an argument is about linguistics, yet he took it there and gave the silly argument continuity.

By the way, Rockhold has never beat the kind of competition that Weidman has in his past 3 fights.

Jacare> Munoz and Maia

Its pure opinion. but Jacare is a beast now. He blows them both up standing... and has always had better takedowns than Maia imo... although Maia's fight with Sonnen and Fitch make him look great, there have been plently of times he just couldnt get his opponent down.

Jacare beats the piss out of Munoz standing like Okami, Weidman, Hammil did.. and if he gets taken down would put him in a lot of danger.

Kennedy is also a solid opponent... Who isnt great in any one area like the other fighters are but is capable of beating some of the better MW's... His all around game is solid.
    Last edited by Kimbo> Rampage; 02-06-2013 at 09:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kimbo> Rampage View Post
    Yes he deserves a title shot, but dont act like he is in a class of his own at this point, its actually a joke to act like that.
    Stating that Weidman has beaten far better competition than Rockhold has is called stating the facts. What it isn't is hyperbolizing.

This entire thread:

Last edited by Sniggles; 02-06-2013 at 09:27 PM.

"""Rivethead said "...in almost 5 years...". Minimally that means that he wanted to confuse me on rather or not he was including Dan Henderson.

Does that help you understand that I am going beyond what you said, and actually implying why you said it?"""

My god man, this isn't rocket science. I agree this discussion should have ended a long time ago. Anderson Silva said X. Rivethead says that Silva said X because (the word why is implied when you use the word because) Weidman caught his attention with only 5 fights in the UFC. What I am saying to you is that, what Rivethead said is not a verifiable fact, therefor it is not a "what" statement. Maybe Someone came up to Anderson and said you want to fight Weidman next? To which Silva replied "who the fuck is that?". And that is why he said I don't want to fight Weidman.

I promise though, I don't care if you cant understand this, I will not write another post on what/why discussions.

What am I no longer going to do?
    Write about Whats and Whys.

Why am I no longer going to do that?
    Because I believe you simply won't get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kimbo> Rampage View Post
    Weidman is Anderson's toughest test available right now...(Rematches and fighters from other weight classes aside.)
    Weidman is just as deserving as anyone for a shot at Anderson. I only have Rockhold with him, but Chris poses more stylistic problems for Anderson... so its the better fight.

That is the fight I want. I want to see Anderson fight the best, If Chris is really better than him, so be it.. .good for him... may the better man win.

Im a big Anderson fan, but if he isnt fighting the best, whats the point? I will always support my guys, but the competitive sport comes first. I would not want my fighter to win, if he wasnt the better man.

I like Weidman... New legit up and comers and potential phenoms dont come around every day. He has the talent, the skill, everything to make it big

The only problems I have regarding weidman is the idea that Anderson is ducking him (a common trend for Anderson opponents) and people going way overboard with his wins over Maia and Munoz...

Jacare> Munoz and Maia

Its pure opinion. but Jacare is a beast now. He blows them both up standing... and has always had better takedowns than Maia imo... although Maia's fight with Sonnen and Fitch make him look great, there have been plently of times he just couldnt get his opponent down.

Jacare beats the piss out of Munoz standing like Okami, Weidman, Hammil did.. and if he gets taken down would put him in a lot of danger.

Kennedy is also a solid opponent... Who isnt great in any one area like the other fighters are but is capable of beating some of the better MW's... His all around game is solid.
    Who has Jacare beat?

His best win is Ed Herman.

Rankings are based on your wins and losses not your skill set or who you think is better.

See what I am getting at?
    Last edited by Sniggles; 02-06-2013 at 09:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bork_Lazer View Post
    What am I no longer going to do?
    Write about Whats and Whys.

Why am I no longer going to do that?
    Because I believe you simply won't get it.
    I didn't care enough to read the childish meanderings, and that includes Rivet too.

Kimbo> Rampage Guest

This thread will never die...

I hope everybody here realizes that Anderson's next opponent will be Weidman.

If not... then we can all complain and have a good reason for it... but people are way too quick to cast judgement.

Thread Information