+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast

Thread: White says Anderson Silva vs. Chris Weidman is 'closer than people think'

Quote Originally Posted by Kimbo> Rampage View Post
    This thread will never die...

I hope everybody here realizes that Anderson's next opponent will be Weidman.

If not... then we can all complain and have a good reason for it... but people are way too quick to cast judgement.
    At this point, it is not definite.

It is still a toss-up between Weidman and Rockhold.

Rockhold is still more likely due to the UFC being a business that chooses the opponent for champions that is likely to make the most moolah. The lame champion vs champion aspect makes Rockhold the more likely choice for the UFC.

While I argue that Weidman's ranking and resume is more impressive, I still think Rockhold is more likely to be the choice of Zuffa.

Thread doesn't have to die. People just need to discuss instead of being vaginal.

Quote Originally Posted by Sniggles View Post
    At this point, it is not definite.

It is still a toss-up between Weidman and Rockhold.

Rockhold is still more likely due to the UFC being a business that chooses the opponent for champions that is likely to make the most moolah. The lame champion vs champion aspect makes Rockhold the more likely choice for the UFC.

While I argue that Weidman's ranking and resume is more impressive, I still think Rockhold is more likely to be the choice of Zuffa.

Thread doesn't have to die. People just need to discuss instead of being vaginal.
    Ultimately, I want Anderson to defend against a top 10 MW. Rockhold fits the bill, and the fight would be entertaining. I also think the UFC could certainly hype the champion vs. champion angle if they chose...they've certainly done more with less in the past. Anderson's camp have said they want to fight him in the past, so that obstacle should be cleared.

If Silva fights Rockhold, it gives Weidman an opportunity to mature with another bout, and if he wins, it makes him even more viable an opponent.

What I didn't want is Anderson to fight someone who isn't a credible MW defense, or one of the vanity fights he was pursuing without at least defending before August. I'm glad the Bisping hype deflated with Belfort's headkick, as he's barely a top 10 fighter.

If I could wave a magic wand, Anderson would get the brazillions of dollars he wants for every title defense, regardless of how famous his opponent may or may not be. But ultimately, I think it's all going to work out well: we'll get a title defense, it will probably be Weidman, if not, it will probably be Rockhold, and the world goes on.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

wait....did you just say Genki Sudo unretired?

Quote Originally Posted by Bork_Lazer View Post
    Rivethead said "...in almost 5 years...". Minimally that means that he wanted to confuse me on rather or not he was including Dan Henderson.

Does that help you understand that I am going beyond what you said, and actually implying why you said it?

as for this

Originally Posted by Bork_Lazer View Post
    Dan Henderson would beg to differ what? That Okami is Anderson's best win in 5 years? I wasn't the one to say that. I was quoting someone else...

that was in response to someones post. So I was assuming that is what they were referring to.

PS its funny to through the definitions of the words on there, but please answer my question above this time.
    I dont know which is worse, the fact that no matter how many times RH explains the difference in "in almost 5 years" and "in 5 years" you can't get the point or the fact that you weren't smart enough to come up with the dumb statement yourself but had to copy it from someone else then preach on it like it was fact.

Quote Originally Posted by rivethead View Post
    In all sincerity, do you think I'm not being objective here, or holding Anderson to a different standard?

I'd like to hear it, if I am.

Your statement is interesting, because I feel like I'm doing the exact thing you're saying: trying to keep things in perspective when people can't see Anderson objectively.

rh
    Hey Riv,

I was actually replying to Norris. Welcome back by the way. I haven't seen a post from you in awhile.
    Anderson Silva:
    Best Fighter on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by The Return Of...... View Post
    I dont know which is worse, the fact that no matter how many times RH explains the difference in "in almost 5 years" and "in 5 years" you can't get the point or the fact that you weren't smart enough to come up with the dumb statement yourself but had to copy it from someone else then preach on it like it was fact.
    You are out of context, this is part of a much larger discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by roaddawg View Post
    Hey Riv,

I was actually replying to Norris. Welcome back by the way. I haven't seen a post from you in awhile.
    busy dodgin' real life.

...yeah. that's exactly what happened, and totes excuses your stupidity. totes.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

wait....did you just say Genki Sudo unretired?

Quote Originally Posted by rivethead View Post
    busy dodgin' real life.

...yeah. that's exactly what happened, and totes excuses your stupidity. totes.

rh
    If its true that it takes a big man to admit he is wrong, you sir must be a midget.

Haha, no I'm not. The fact that you think I took all of that out of context just further proves the point that you just don't get it.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information