Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Chael Sonnen At 205

Default Chael Sonnen At 205

I would like to start this by saying I am a huge fan of Chael...

When we all heard of the up coming 205 title fight between Jones & Sonnen I don't think there was a single one of us who thought Chael had a chance in hell or that he deserved the fight..

But say in a normal world where he had to work his way up to a title shot would it even be close to being possible?

I was just sitting here thinking about Chael at 205 for some reason and I dont see much of anyone he can beat . Maybe Gus and possibly Shogun?.I think Evans Davis Machida Hendo Texiera & even Bader kill Chael.

Anyhow going back to something I stated months ago after reading his book and hearing of his match with Jones I think this will be the last time we see Sonnen fight in the cage before joining a Anik or Rogan or whomever in commentary.
    I really believe that people like Bill Murray or John Belushi are just as great and just as valid as Robert De Niro or Al Pacino. And I don't think you can say One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest (1975) is a better movie than Animal House (1978); they're different genres. I think they're both examples of great craftsmanship.

-Sam Rockwell

2. Default

Thats funny while reading your post I was picturing Sonnen interviewing someone after a fight than challenging them to a fight, and the fight happening.

Odd while I was typing it I was thinking the same damn thing!!
    I really believe that people like Bill Murray or John Belushi are just as great and just as valid as Robert De Niro or Al Pacino. And I don't think you can say One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest (1975) is a better movie than Animal House (1978); they're different genres. I think they're both examples of great craftsmanship.

-Sam Rockwell

Quote Originally Posted by TheDoucheyWun View Post

When we all heard of the up coming 205 title fight between Jones & Sonnen I don't think there was a single one of us who thought Chael had a chance in hell or that he deserved the fight..

But say in a normal world where he had to work his way up to a title shot would it even be close to being possible?

I was just sitting here thinking about Chael at 205 for some reason and I dont see much of anyone he can beat . Maybe Gus and possibly Shogun?.I think Evans Davis Machida Hendo Texiera & even Bader kill Chael.

Anyhow going back to something I stated months ago after reading his book and hearing of his match with Jones I think this will be the last time we see Sonnen fight in the cage before joining a Anik or Rogan or whomever in commentary.
    You don't have Sonnen beating Bader or Davis? I personally have him beating everyone on your list except Evans, Hendo, and possibly Glover. If we use the Shields fight, we see Hendo can be controlled. Admittedly, I still don't know how him vs. Glover would go down. Chael just never stops coming forward, I can never count him out.
    A tiger never loses sleep over the opinion of sheep.

I feel the same way; he has a pretty bad record at LHW. Also, his style is very physical and if he's fighting larger guys it's going to be much harder to implement.

Zombie is born!

Quote Originally Posted by K1NG P3NN View Post
    You don't have Sonnen beating Bader or Davis? I personally have him beating everyone on your list except Evans, Hendo, and possibly Glover. If we use the Shields fight, we see Hendo can be controlled. Admittedly, I still don't know how him vs. Glover would go down. Chael just never stops coming forward, I can never count him out.
    We cant use the Shields fight because that was at 185 and we all know Dan had some major issues with that cut. I personally feel that Chael would be scared shitless of Dan but who knows..

But do you remember the epic beatdown Rashad put on Davis? I see that same beat down Davis putting on Chael.. They are all wrestlers but I see Evans MMA game being lightyears ahead of Davis and as odd as it sounds I feel Davis MMA game is light years ahead of Chael.

-Sam Rockwell

I also think Bader has the wrestling ability to nullify Chaels TD and also has subs and huge KO power to finish Chael somewhere within 3.

And again here I am a big Sonnen fan and I really really have no use for Bader.

-Sam Rockwell

I think he'd be a solid top 10 in the division, we'll see how he does with Jones first, maybe he'll surprise us in that fight. I think he should be more competitive that Vitor

I agree, if Chael does not beat Jones (which I dont think he will), Chael will most likely retire or just take vanity fights while doing commentary or UFC TV.
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Quote Originally Posted by TheDoucheyWun View Post
    Stopped reading.

Jk.

Yeah, he might retire after he gets spanked at 205.

He's always maintained that if he couldn't win gold, he wouldn't stay in the game.

Thread Information