Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: UFC 135 - 'Rampage' Jackson discusses his feelings following fight with Jon Jones

1. Default UFC 135 - 'Rampage' Jackson discusses his feelings following fight with Jon Jones

'Rampage' Jackson Not A Sore Loser, Gives It Up For Jon Jones - FightLine.com

Following his four-round beatdown at the hands and feet of UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones, Rampage made no excuses and gave nothing but respect to the 24-year-old Bones.

He admitted that he was in the best shape of his life and that Jones beat him because the hype is real: the guy really is that good. Of course, softening the blow was the fact that Jackson pocketed a nice payday for his efforts.

"I'm not a sore loser," said Jackson. "I thought I was going to be really upset and really mad, especially after Jones did exactly what he said he was gonna do: finish me and stuff. I haven't been submitted since Sakuraba (at Pride 15 in 2001). It is what it is. I trained really hard, I can't beat myself up. I'm just disappointed, I wanted to be my boxing coach's first world champion. … Other than that man, I'm just happy 'cause I made a lot of money."
    There are many paths to freedom, not all are peaceful

Wow, nice to see Rampage acting like a man.

Rampage said he'd have no excuses if he lost, and he followed that up. Nicely done, he took his beating like a man, he'll be back with a bang I'm sure.

I'm still not sure what Rampage expected to do in this fight.

Quote Originally Posted by DonFrye View Post
    I'm still not sure what Rampage expected to do in this fight.
    Didn't you hear him? Get paid a lot of money.

Quote Originally Posted by Mac View Post
    Didn't you hear him? Get paid a lot of money.
    No shit.

I just think he had barely a puncher's chance and he clearly brought no plan to get close.

And he doesn't have the excuse of coming off a layoff or getting nailed with that knee early like Shogun did.

svj889 Guest

My guess is he went crazy when he lost to Forrest because he expected to win.

He's able to keep calm this time because he didn't have such high expectations this time around.

Rampage looked good, he didn't get hit much, and didn't show any ill effects from those kicks or anything. He did much better than anyone else has against Bones. Sad to see Rampage lose but glad to see he hasn't lost his motivation or anything.

Rampage is still one of the best in the world, he just got beat by arguable The best.. I am dying for Jones/Anderson now, damn..
    Fedor Emelianenko is the Greatest P4P MMA fighter to ever walk the earth, hands down.

Quote Originally Posted by stpierrecanada View Post
    Rampage looked good, he didn't get hit much, and didn't show any ill effects from those kicks or anything. He did much better than anyone else has against Bones. Sad to see Rampage lose but glad to see he hasn't lost his motivation or anything.

Rampage is still one of the best in the world, he just got beat by arguable The best.. I am dying for Jones/Anderson now, damn..
    Rampage is limited offensively and always has been.

I have never questioned his durability. He's tough. He just doesn't bring the skills to get through that kind of offense and length.

Thread Information