Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Shogun

Default Shogun

Just heard that Shogun is finally going to revamp his training camp. He's bringing in Freddie Roach, Mark Munoz, and reuniting with Rafael Cordeiro. I been looking for confirmation on this. I hope this is true, just adding some solid boxing to his arsenal can be very instrumental to his success. But adding the other two guys, I'm really hoping he returns to form or better.
    Last edited by 1inthechamber; 01-31-2013 at 08:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 1inthechamber View Post
    Just heard that Shogun is finally going to revamp his training camp. He's bringing in Freddie Roach, Mark Munoz, and reuniting with Rafael Cordeiro. I been looking for confirmation on this. I hope this is true, just adding some solid boxing to his arsenal can be very detrimental to his success. But adding the other two guys, I'm really hoping he returns to form or better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

Quote Originally Posted by 1inthechamber View Post
    Just heard that Shogun is finally going to revamp his training camp. He's bringing in Freddie Roach, Mark Munoz, and reuniting with Rafael Cordeiro. I been looking for confirmation on this. I hope this is true, just adding some solid boxing to his arsenal can be very instrumental to his success. But adding the other two guys, I'm really hoping he returns to form or better.
    *fixed that for you.

I hope this is true. I thought Shogun was doing pretty decent in the first round against Goose; but then stopped throwing/landing heavy leg kicks and was content with brawling.

Quote Originally Posted by kevoontheradio View Post
    inconceivable!

That is great.

Usually, fighters that have a training camp with Cordeiro, have very good fights.
    Last time Shogun had a training camp with Rafa was for his second fight with Forrest. And it was his best performance in recent years.

Shogun vs Thiago Silva would be a very entertaining fight.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

Kimbo> Rampage Guest

Roach should improve his boxing... Shogun has always had some of the better Muay thai in all of MMA, but his hands left something to be desired...

Hopefully Munoz can help his wrestling... without injuring his Rib...

Shogun has "reunited" with Corderio several times over the years with mixed results... Rafeal is a proven coach, its more of shogun himself and the matchups he had...

Quote Originally Posted by Pasha K View Post
    Shogun vs Thiago Silva would be a very entertaining fight.
    Perfect matchup!

Really hope this is true, Shogun is my second favorite fighter of all time, I think he is one of the most complete fighters out there, great sub skills amazing kicks, huge KO power in his hands iron chin huge heart and the most bad ass muay thai stance in the UFC. Too bad his career was plagued by instrumental () surgeries and injuries... I mean detrimental...

like someone said above, when he trains with Rafa he always seems to be at his best!

WAR SHOGUN - 205 lhw champ 2014

Kimbo> Rampage Guest

Shogun vs. Hendo 2 would be nice once Dan gets stopped by Lyoto...

Shogun vs. Glover or Davis would be nice as well... I could honestly see both of them beating shogun, moving themselves up the LHW ladder.

Quote Originally Posted by Bork_Lazer View Post
    Perfect matchup!

Really hope this is true, Shogun is my second favorite fighter of all time, I think he is one of the most complete fighters out there, great sub skills amazing kicks, huge KO power in his hands iron chin huge heart and the most bad ass muay thai stance in the UFC. Too bad his career was plagued by instrumental () surgeries and injuries... I mean detrimental...

like someone said above, when he trains with Rafa he always seems to be at his best!

WAR SHOGUN - 205 lhw champ 2014
    I agree with everything except with the great sub skills part.
    That is something Joe Rogan talks in every Shogun fight, he says basically that Shogun is a leglock wizard.
    Shogun has only 1 victory by submission in his whole MMA career. He tries leglocks in almost all the fights but his opponents always escape. Only Randleman has been submitted by Shogun and that was almost 7 years ago.

The true wizard of leglocks is Minowaman xD
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

Thread Information