+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Dana White is warming up to a Rousey vs. Cyborg fight at 140lbs, just not for a champ

Default Dana White is warming up to a Rousey vs. Cyborg fight at 140lbs, just not for a champ

Dana White is warming up to a Rousey vs. Cyborg fight at 140lbs, just not for a championship | UFC NEWS MMA News | Mixed Martial Arts | UFC News | BJPenn | MMA Fight | UFC Fights

Cris Cyborg thinks that Dana White just wants Rousey to have an unfair advantage, and believes that is the reason Dana isn’t willing to budge.

“What he wants me to do is fight Ronda with both my hands tied behind my back or comatose, so that she can have a chance, which is what making me fight at 135 is.”

“To finally shut everyone up, I will fight Ronda with one hand tied behind my back at 140 pounds and still kick her ass and prove that I’m the real champ not her,” said Cyborg.

That might just of been what Dana White needed to hear, and now it doesn’t seem outside the realm of possibility that he would even be willing to make the fight happen at a catch-weight.

“If that’s what (Cyborg) is willing to do, is go to 140, let Rhonda defend her title a few times and see if Rhonda wants to go to 140,” White told mmaweekly.com on Thursday.

“If I know Rhonda, she probably would anyway. If (Cyborg) wants to fight for a title, she’s gotta go to 135 pounds. The fight at 140 would be a fan fight because everybody wants to see it, but it’s not one of those fights that makes sense.”
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

White does not need to warm up to shit he know this fight is the biggest fight in ladys mma. He knows it makes the most cash but he also knows it's short term cash and that keeping rounda as a Unbeaten champ has it up side that does not go down till cshe is beat

And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

The fight at 140 would be a fan fight because everybody wants to see it, but it’s not one of those fights that makes sense
    I hope he is just trolling. After all the freakshows he has made in the past months he says that this fight makes no sense??

As for the championship, no one cares. People want to see Cyborg demolish that bimbo girl.
    And why wait for Ronda to defend that chocolate title "a few times"? Make the fight right after the Carmouche freakshow (Now, that is a fight that makes no sense at all!).
    Or he is really that afraid that Cyborg will quickly kill his WMMA division?
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Pasha K View Post
    I hope he is just trolling. After all the freakshows he has made in the past months he says that this fight makes no sense??

As for the championship, no one cares. People want to see Cyborg demolish that bimbo girl.
    And why wait for Ronda to defend that chocolate title "a few times"? Make the fight right after the Carmouche freakshow (Now, that is a fight that makes no sense at all!).
    Or he is really that afraid that Cyborg will quickly kill his WMMA division?
    Really? I don't like when men hit women.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information