Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Jose Aldo vs Frankie Edgar staredown pic from UFC 156 media day in Las Vegas and more

Riggghhhttt. Since Faber is anywhere near Frankie's level.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakara=Excitement View Post
    Wait....so now Frankie is leaps and bounds above Faber in Faber's prime?

Riggghhhttt
    Was Faber in his prime when he fought Aldo?
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Quote Originally Posted by Sakara=Excitement View Post
    Wait....so now Frankie is leaps and bounds above Faber in Faber's prime?

Riggghhhttt
    Faber got KO'd by Mike Brown, man. Gray Maynard landed his absolute best shots on Frankie and couldn't put him away. Plus I think when Faber's prime is/was is pretty disputable, he's looked pretty similar for a while.

Frankie is better at gameplanning, has better stand up, better wrestling, a better chin, and his heart is as big as anyone's. He might not have the submission ability of Faber but I would also say his jiu-jitsu is just as good if not better...he's an extremely good scrambler and very hard to submit. It would probably be pretty hard to get him to tap as well, Tyson Griffin had him in a deep knee bar in their fight early in his career and it didn't look like he was ever going to tap...

Frankie is also better at utilizing his footwork and lead hand imo. Faber just looks to land his OH right or his uppercut, which he often sets up with a fake takedown attempt.

Fuck it, would anybody like to sigbet with me for this fight? I have Aldo beating the bricks off Edgar like a pedophile in a Mexican prision.

This fight will look very similar to the Faber fight/Ben Henderson vs Edga2 first round. He will chop him down with vicious leg kicks, soften his midsection with hard body shots, and get a TKO by the 4th round.
    Jones Era >> Machida Era
    Favorite fighters: Anderson Silva, Jon Jones, Michael Johnson, Jose Aldo, Chris Weidman.

Quote Originally Posted by JPeezy View Post
    Another intelligent contribution by CTGreat.

Ben Henderson and Gray Maynard>>>>>>>Brown, Assuncao, and Pulver.

Plus, alot of people, like me, feel that Frankie won the 2nd Maynard fight and the 2nd Henderson fight.

Ctgreat I will take your sigbet if you give me 2 to 1 odds. 2 weeks for me if you win and 4 weeks for you if I win.
    Last edited by dbader08; 02-01-2013 at 06:45 PM.

6. Default

The one thing I hate the most about MMA fans is their total dismissal of the past. It's sad really, and disrespectful to the fighters themselves.

Please show me where I said Faber's wins or losses were greater or less than to Frankies? I was drawing parallels between the two because they are extremely similar in their styles and careers.

Assunção was 14-1 when he fought Faber, Pulver was 2 fights removed from the UFC, and Mike Brown became the champion and the #1 ranked fighter who lost to Aldo of all people.

I get it, you REALLY like Frankie but you can't let your love for a fighter cloud the truth.

I've never said Faber was better than Edgar, never said Frankie was a scrub or anything close to that. I see the Edgar fight mirroring the Faber fight except I believe Aldo finishes Edgar, something he couldn't do to Faber.
    There are many paths to freedom, not all are peaceful

Quote Originally Posted by dbader08 View Post
    Ben Henderson and Gray Maynard>>>>>>>Brown, Assuncao, and Pulver.

Plus, alot of people, like me, feel that Frankie won the 2nd Maynard fight and the 2nd Henderson fight.

Ctgreat I will take your sigbet if you give me 2 to 1 odds. 2 weeks for me if you win and 4 weeks for you if I win.
    Dafuq? Why not just do an even bet?
    Jones Era >> Machida Era
    Favorite fighters: Anderson Silva, Jon Jones, Michael Johnson, Jose Aldo, Chris Weidman.

Quote Originally Posted by JPeezy View Post
    Another intelligent contribution by CTGreat.

Quote Originally Posted by CtGreat View Post
    Dafuq? Why not just do an even bet?
    Cause he's scared. I'll take it, straight up two week sig bet. I'll take Mr. Edgar.
    Quote Originally Posted by SWIFTboy View Post
    I rode a horse. Banged in a hot spring.
    Quote Originally Posted by GL Jeff View Post
    Is he bigger then WarMachine?

Thread Information