Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: RUMOUR: Anybody else hearing the steroid/TRT allegations coming out tonight?

Hmm maybe Rothwell, he looked like he dropped a bit of weight for the Gonzaga fight... Na, Im sure it is supposed to be Vitor.

I do believe it was a brand new AC - Comissao Atletica Brasileira de MMA (CABMMA) - in Brazil for UFC on FX 7.. Way to start it off right with some controversy...

http://www.mmajunkie.com/news/2013/0...gulatory-group

The International Mixed Martial Arts Federation (IMMAF) today welcomed the Brazilian MMA Athletic Commission, or Comissao Atletica Brasileira de MMA (CABMMA), to its list of member commissions.

"This membership is a step forward for MMA everywhere as the world of martial arts turns to Brazil for inspiration," IMMAF President August Wallen stated today in a press release.

CABMMA will "supervise" its first event at UFC on FX 7, which takes place Saturday at Ibirapuera Gymnasium in Sao Paulo.
    Since reestablishing a foothold in the country in 2011, the UFC has self-regulated five events in Brazil while hiring an independent drug testing facility to screen fighters and act as the de-facto athletic commission.
    Last edited by Cat--Smasher; 02-01-2013 at 04:57 PM.
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Quote Originally Posted by TheKidInside View Post
    It's that moron Front Retard Braindead...creating a mountain out of an anthill.
    Agreed, he's a fucking idiot and a total shit disturber, but Loretta and a bunch of others that I actually like have added to the conversation and while it is 100% rumour at the moment, I wouldn't be surprised if come February 19th, we hear something about Vitor, especially if he wasn't given clearence to use TRT(which is what they're saying).

Vitor on TRT isn't much of story, even if his ratios are 200:1. How Vitor got caught would be the story. If he got busted by a newly established commission in Brazil, than kudos to them for legitimacy and doing their job. If Vitor got pinched by an "in house" drug test administered by the UFC itself, than that's even more shocking, and the type of thing you'd (cynically) expect to be covered up. FRB's tweets made it seem like the NSAC was somehow involved, and maybe they administered an out-of-competition drug test somehow. THAT would be the biggest story, and an example of a state athletic commission REALLY extending the reach on their jurisdiction.

Bisping made a lot of accusations before the fight, but was gracious in defeat. I wonder how he handles this.

I've got lots more thoughts on the subject but waiting for confirmation first.

4. Default

Wait one minute guys. You all are trying to tell me that Vitor Belfort is taking something? I dont buy it one bit.
    There are many paths to freedom, not all are peaceful

5. Default

Michael Bisping talks rumors of Vitor Belfort failing drug test, Brazil commission says tests aren't back yet - Bloody Elbow

In the MMA world, as in most sports, rumors spread like wildfire. Especially when the rumor involves an athlete allegedly failing a drug test. This time, the rumor involves a main event fighter at UFC on FX 7 - Vitor Belfort. Belfort defeated Michael Bisping by TKO in their bout, and Bisping tweeted last night about the rumors of Belfort failing a test:
    michael ✔ @bisping

Hope these rumours aren't true.
    8:18 AM - 01 Feb 13
    michael ✔ @bisping

About a certain someone who I fought recently failing his drug test. I hope it's not true.
    8:24 AM - 01 Feb 13
    The new Brazilian MMA Athletic Commission says that there's nothing to report yet though, because the tests haven't even come back (via Tatame):

"This is nothing but the same rumor, we don't have the results yet, they have not come out. All fighters who took the test are subject to it, but the agency that works in partnership with us has not yet finalized the results. The two main event fighters always take the test, then two more fighters on the preliminary card and two of the main. There are six athletes tested, but none of them ever had the test results confirmed and finalized yet," explained Tannure.

The doctor's prediction is that the agency, which has the name withheld by him, won't release the results of drug tests from UFC Sao Paulo until the 19th of February, a month after the event."
    So as of right now, this is still sitting in the rumor stage and we'll find out more later in the month.

Quote Originally Posted by trustkill View Post
    Vitor on TRT isn't much of story, even if his ratios are 200:1. How Vitor got caught would be the story. If he got busted by a newly established commission in Brazil, than kudos to them for legitimacy and doing their job. If Vitor got pinched by an "in house" drug test administered by the UFC itself, than that's even more shocking, and the type of thing you'd (cynically) expect to be covered up. FRB's tweets made it seem like the NSAC was somehow involved, and maybe they administered an out-of-competition drug test somehow. THAT would be the biggest story, and an example of a state athletic commission REALLY extending the reach on their jurisdiction.

Bisping made a lot of accusations before the fight, but was gracious in defeat. I wonder how he handles this.

I've got lots more thoughts on the subject but waiting for confirmation first.
    I think the UFC and Bisping would love nothing more then for Belfort to get busted for PED use. Because if he does that allows them to find another way to get Bisping a title shot with Silva.

Quote Originally Posted by Rise View Post
    I think the UFC and Bisping would love nothing more then for Belfort to get busted for PED use. Because if he does that allows them to find another way to get Bisping a title shot with Silva.
    That's the first thing I thought as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by SWIFTboy View Post
    I rode a horse. Banged in a hot spring.
    Quote Originally Posted by GL Jeff View Post
    Is he bigger then WarMachine?

8. Default

The UFC? Not so much. The UFC fucking LOOOOVVVVEEEE Vitor man. Fucking love him.

lorreta wrote on twitter that a fighter doesnt have to tell their opponent that they are on TRT because of the privacy between him and his doctor. I could see him telling the UFC but not the public...i guess we will see come feb. 19th

Quote Originally Posted by Rise View Post
    That's certainly possible, but I think Vitor destroyed (or severely injured) Bisping's marketability with that head kick. It's like Pandora's box, once you open it, you can't close your eyes and pretend you didn't see it. Anderson is real sensitive to which opponents can draw PPV buys (obviously) and I wonder how he (and the UFC) would feel about trying to market the guy (Bisping) who got KTFOd by the guy (Vitor) who got KTFO'd by Anderson. I know thats MMA math, but still.

In a perfect world, the fight will be ruled a No Contest and Bisping should regain his standing. The fallout and repurcussions from Vitor's (alleged) failed drug test should be an interesting case study in marketing and justice, for lack of a better word.

Thread Information