Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Papy Abedi vs. Besam Yousef booked for UFC on FUEL TV 9

Default Papy Abedi vs. Besam Yousef booked for UFC on FUEL TV 9

Papy Abedi vs. Besam Yousef booked for UFC on FUEL TV 9 on April 6 in Sweden - MMAmania.com

It's a war between locals at UFC on FUEL TV 9, where Papy Abedi will try to keep himself employed at the expense of Besam Yousef as part of the "Gustafsson vs. Mousasi" event on April 6, 2013 at the Ericsson Globe Arena in Stockholm, Sweden.

Kimura.se confirmed the welterweight pairing earlier today.

How the everloving hell is Papy Abedi still in the UFC after two DECISIVE first round losses?

I appreciate that this card is in Sweden, but if I've said it once, I've said it a hundred times, Abedi may look like Tarzan, but he fights like Jane.

Quote Originally Posted by Fedorlei Gomipierre View Post
    How the everloving hell is Papy Abedi still in the UFC after two DECISIVE first round losses?

I appreciate that this card is in Sweden, but if I've said it once, I've said it a hundred times, Abedi may look like Tarzan, but he fights like Jane.
    Watch him stomp Yousef to spite you.

Dear Fedorlei,

It's all about muscles and blunts, my brother. Muscles and blunts.

Plus, my friend Joe Rogan put in a good word for me after we smoked and shot up some testosterone. That good shit.

~Papi

Quote Originally Posted by Sniggles View Post
    Watch him stomp Yousef to spite you.
    Wellllll, Yousef himself isn't exactly a world beater, but I've seen zero out of Abedi during his UFC run.

Wellllll, Yousef himself isn't exactly a world beater, but I've seen zero out of Abedi during his UFC run.
    It's what Joe Silva has seen out of Abedi outside of the UFC that has kept him in the UFC.

It's what Joe Silva has seen out of Abedi outside of the UFC that has kept him in the UFC.
    I think it has more to do with him being a Swedish fighter for a card in Sweden, than what Silva saw out of him outside of the UFC, which were fights all at MW against low-tier scrubs.

If you go back and look at guys who have been cut for far less after one, let alone two first round loses, I don't think there's too much of an argument for keeping Abedi aside from the fact that he's a homer on this card and looks like a create-a-fighter.

He's one of the worst non-TUF signed UFC fighters on the roster.

I think it has more to do with him being a Swedish fighter for a card in Sweden, than what Silva saw out of him outside of the UFC, which were fights all at MW against low-tier scrubs.
    That is entirely possible, but most fighters are cut immediately after their second loss though. I kind of doubt that this card was planned way back in April.

Leads me more to believe that Abedi was given a third chance because of his style and his ability to produce highlight reels... against himself.

That is entirely possible, but most fighters are cut immediately after their second loss though. I kind of doubt that this card was planned way back in April.

Leads me more to believe that Abedi was given a third chance because of his style and his ability to produce highlight reels... against himself.
    Fair enough, I think I still have a hard-on over Ben Saunda guy like David Branch getting cut after one loss after taking a short-notice fight.

Papi's got great standup.
    Goodbye Mr. Burton

All in the reflexes
    Anderson Silva 5: TRT USERS 0 Hendo - Forrest - Nate - Chael... twice

Thread Information