+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dana White Would Like To See Anderson Silva Make Run At Light Heavyweight

Default Dana White Would Like To See Anderson Silva Make Run At Light Heavyweight

Dana White Would Like To See Anderson Silva Make Run At Light Heavyweight | MMAWeekly.com

“I’d love to see Anderson at 205,” said White at the UFC 156 media day on Thursday. “If Anderson moved up to 205-pounds, it would be so fun. I mean, people would go crazy over that, if he started to work his way up in the 205-pound division, take on a number one contender and if he wins he fights for the title.”
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Obviously.

God hates me, never keep my banger on safety
    My mother raised me alone, you can't break me
    Like my hearts pumpin the blood of Royce Gracie!

13-4-1 in sig/av

if he started to work his way up in the 205-pound division, take on a number one contender and if he wins he fights for the title.
    Well lets see. Anderson has already beat James Irving, Forrest Griffin and Stephan Bonnar without even breaking a sweat. I would say he has already started to work his way up in the LHW div... Anderson would need to take a number one contender fight but yet Frankie, Sonnen, Faber (and the list goes on) all get an immediate title shot upon switching weight classes?
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    Well lets see. Anderson has already beat James Irving, Forrest Griffin and Stephan Bonnar without even breaking a sweat. I would say he has already started to work his way up in the LHW div... Anderson would need to take a number one contender fight but yet Frankie, Sonnen, Faber (and the list goes on) all get an immediate title shot upon switching weight classes?
    You know damn well Silva could challenge Jones and get an immediate title shot. That would make Dana's day because he knows how many people want to see those two go at it.
    Anderson Silva:
    Best Fighter on the planet.

So would everyone but Anderson lol

Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    he just said hed like to see it...who wouldnt? its makes it mroe of the fairytale feeling if he fights his way up. Never said its how it would go lol

Anderson will laugh his ass off when he reads this.

Then something like "Uhhh. I'm the champ. People work their way up to me...unless...$$$".

8. Default

Andereson is 38 years old, why the hell can people not leave him alone? Guys his prime is over or very close to it. He has nothing to prove. His one of the--if not the best--ever.

Look at it guys, he does not duck tough fights--after seeing tht list you are crazy to think he ducks anyone.

Win 33–4 Stephan Bonnar TKO (knee to the body & punches) UFC 153
    Win 32–4 Chael Sonnen TKO (knee to the body & punches) UFC 148
    Win 31–4 Yushin Okami TKO (punches) UFC 134
    Win 30–4 Vitor Belfort KO (front kick and punches) UFC 126
    Win 29–4 Chael Sonnen Submission (triangle choke with armbar) UFC 117
    Win 28–4 Demian Maia Decision (unanimous) UFC 112
    Win 27–4 Forrest Griffin KO (punch) UFC 101
    Win 26–4 Thales Leites Decision (unanimous) UFC 97
    Win 25–4 Patrick Côté TKO (knee injury) UFC 90 .
    Win 23–4 Dan Henderson Submission (rear-naked choke) UFC 82
    Win 22–4 Rich Franklin TKO (knees) UFC 77
    Win 21–4 Nate Marquardt TKO (punches) UFC 73
    Win 20–4 Travis Lutter Submission (triangle choke with elbows)
    Win 19–4 Rich Franklin TKO (knees) UFC 64 .
    Win 18–4 Chris Leben KO (knee) UFN 5
    Win 17–4 Tony Fryklund KO (reverse elbow) Cage Rage 16
    Loss 16–4 Yushin Okami DQ (illegal upkick) Rumble on the Rock 8
    Win 16–3 Curtis Stout KO (punches) Cage Rage 14
    Win 15–3 Jorge Rivera TKO (knees & punches) Cage Rage 11 .
    Loss 14–3 Ryo Chonan Submission (flying scissor heel hook) Pride Shockwave 2004
    Win 14–2 Lee Murray Decision (unanimous) Cage Rage 8 .
    Win 13–2 Jeremy Horn Decision (unanimous) Gladiator 2
    Win 12–2 Waldir dos Anjos TKO (corner stoppage)
    Loss 11–2 Daiju Takase Submission (triangle choke) P
    Win 11–1 Carlos Newton KO (flying knee & punches)
    Win 10–1 Alexander Otsuka Decision (unanimous)
    Win 9–1 Alex Stiebling TKO (doctor stoppage) Pride 21
    Win 8–1 Roan Carneiro Submission (punches) Mecca 6
    Win 7–1 Hayato Sakurai Decision (unanimous) Shooto 7
    Now I will be the first to say Ed fuckin Soaresducks and talks shit becayse he does not want his cash cow to get beat. BUT Anderson, IMO, is not scared to fight anyone.

The only thing you can blame on Anderson is the fact that he has not fired Ed yet.
    "...for he today who sheds his blood with me shall be my brother." William Shakespeare

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it." Helen Keller

Id love to see Anderson vs. Evans... that would really challenge him... Weather at 205 or 185. More so than anyone else besides Jones 205 down imo.

Id like to see Anderson fight Shogun or Glover... Although he trained with Shogun years ago and Glover has the same manager/black house ties...

I always get puzzled when people act like Shogun is a bad matchup or tough fight for him... He is a legend, has a granite chin and can end a fight on a moments notice... but his style plays right into Andersons... Never got that... Shogun has some of the best Muay thai in MMA. but Anderson is better, always has been. Add to that Anderson's hands are even further ahead than his MT compared to Shogun...

Glover has slick boxing and will throw in a few leg kicks... He is technically sound and has good power, so always dangerous... but again plays right into Anderson's skillset. Anderson would pick him apart with hands...

Although if Glover's wrestling is really good, and he took rampage down at his best 5/5 times... than that is a serious concern. Glover has great top control, devastating GNP, and a slick BJJ game... He could put Anderson in danger several different ways... However Im still not sold on Glover's wrestling... That has always been his question about his game and he took rampage down like no1 else did... and rampage has fought plenty of elite wrestlers.

Goose and Mousasi would be fun fights, but I see Anderson taking both of those handily as well. They are both good strikers, but he is just on another level...

Davis could be a very tough matchup... depending on where Phil's all around game is... He is often overlooked because LHW is filled with killers... but Davis could be a huge problem for Anderson. Just as Sonnen and Evans are.

Quote Originally Posted by Kimbo> Rampage View Post
    I always get puzzled when people act like Shogun is a bad matchup or tough fight for him... He is a legend, has a granite chin and can end a fight on a moments notice... but his style plays right into Andersons... Never got that... Shogun has some of the best Muay thai in MMA. but Anderson is better, always has been. Add to that Anderson's hands are even further ahead than his MT compared to Shogun....
    Agreed. Silva is an awful matchup for Shogun. Shogun has always struggled against fighters that are lengthy and use their range well. He was forced to take down Overeem and Diabate because he was getting lit up on the feet. He had nothing for Jones' range.
    "If a man with no arms and a man with no legs started learning karate, the same light bulb would appear over every head in Japan. That’s right: Glue them together and see if it can kill a panda."

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information