Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dana White Would Like To See Anderson Silva Make Run At Light Heavyweight

Kimbo> Rampage Guest

Quote Originally Posted by kalebarker View Post
    Agreed. Silva is an awful matchup for Shogun. Shogun has always struggled against fighters that are lengthy and use their range well. He was forced to take down Overeem and Diabate because he was getting lit up on the feet. He had nothing for Jones' range.
    Agree...

He has good MT with power in his hands, kicks... I just dont see how people see it translating well against Anderson. Anderson picks him apart.

Quote Originally Posted by Kimbo> Rampage View Post
    Agree...

He has good MT with power in his hands, kicks... I just dont see how people see it translating well against Anderson. Anderson picks him apart.
    I can understand the Shogun beating Silva thought train a couple years ago. Since then Silva's TDD has looked great against okami and sonnen, where as Shogun wrestling looks less effective than before. Also, Silva's chin was criminally underated for a very long time. He has took a big shot from Hendo in the first round and walked right through it. Even shogun isn't putting Silva to sleep. I don't see how Shogun wins, but I would love to see him try.
    "If a man with no arms and a man with no legs started learning karate, the same light bulb would appear over every head in Japan. That’s right: Glue them together and see if it can kill a panda."

Kimbo> Rampage Guest

I can understand the Shogun beating Silva thought train a couple years ago. Since then Silva's TDD has looked great against okami and sonnen, where as Shogun wrestling looks less effective than before. Also, Silva's chin was criminally underated for a very long time. He has took a big shot from Hendo in the first round and walked right through it. Even shogun isn't putting Silva to sleep. I don't see how Shogun wins, but I would love to see him try.
    Agree. it would be a great fight...

We may even see Anderson bring back his leg kicks... He was known for being one of the best leg kickers in the game... but seemed to go away from them, probably based on not wanting to get taken down... or wanting to finish the fight early, rather than looking to accumulate damage.

Aldo reminds me of earlier Anderson with the leg kicks.

Normally I agree with your posts but I don't see any evidence to say that Anderson's TDD has improved any. Okami only attempted one TD and it was pretty half hearted at best.

Quote Originally Posted by TBEAR View Post
    Andereson is 38 years old, why the hell can people not leave him alone? Guys his prime is over or very close to it. He has nothing to prove. His one of the--if not the best--ever.

Look at it guys, he does not duck tough fights--after seeing tht list you are crazy to think he ducks anyone.

Now I will be the first to say Ed fuckin Soaresducks and talks shit becayse he does not want his cash cow to get beat. BUT Anderson, IMO, is not scared to fight anyone.

The only thing you can blame on Anderson is the fact that he has not fired Ed yet.
    No... just no. Pointing out who Anderson has actually fought doesn't show the fighters he was avoiding. Hendo/Marquardt were clearly 1-2 and Anderson wouldn't go anywhere near either of them. He had to be talked into the Sonnen 2 fight. He's ducking Weidman now. How many breaks has he taken recently? How many times has he opted to waste his one fight a year on a LHW?

You can blame Soares all you want but he is Anderson's mouthpiece. He represents Anderson and unless Anderson comes out and refutes Soares' statements you can take those at face value as coming from Anderson. While I don't believe Anderson is truly scared of anybody he certainly acts like a coward a lot.
    Hating on Anderson Silva before it was the cool thing to do.

The idea of a "true number one contender" is the stupidiest MMA idea to be perpetuated by fans and media, EVER.

HATES the new MMANEWS forum. Bring back the dark background.

5. Default

Last edited by TBEAR; 02-02-2013 at 04:00 PM.
    "...for he today who sheds his blood with me shall be my brother." William Shakespeare

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it." Helen Keller

Quote Originally Posted by YukonJordan View Post
    Normally I agree with your posts but I don't see any evidence to say that Anderson's TDD has improved any. Okami only attempted one TD and it was pretty half hearted at best.
    Get your eyes checked and rewatch the 2nd fight with Sonnen, the fight with Okami, and the fight with Bonnar.

No... just no. Pointing out who Anderson has actually fought doesn't show the fighters he was avoiding. Hendo/Marquardt were clearly 1-2 and Anderson wouldn't go anywhere near either of them. He had to be talked into the Sonnen 2 fight. He's ducking Weidman now. How many breaks has he taken recently? How many times has he opted to waste his one fight a year on a LHW?
    He beat Hendo and Marquardt. Weidman isn't ready to fight, he's injured. When has he actually turned a fight down? He may have negotiated fights he liked more, but never turns fights down. Also, he's beaten every single top 5 fighter at MW that has ever come up.

You can blame Soares all you want but he is Anderson's mouthpiece. He represents Anderson and unless Anderson comes out and refutes Soares' statements you can take those at face value as coming from Anderson. While I don't believe Anderson is truly scared of anybody he certainly acts like a coward a lot.
    Keyboard warrior bullshit. The guy has beaten all the top fighters put in front of him. He's made a living out of fighting the best fighters in the world. If he's as scared as you think he is, he's an incredibly brave person to sack up and step in there and fight time and again for the past 15 or so years.

Zombie is born!

Silva is a good fighter but I don't see him having the same success at lhw like he has at mw. Too many great wrestlers at lhw. As for Shogun and Silva, if he came in with a plan sort of like the Machida fights, it'd be a lot closer than ppl think imho. (Im referring to him doing his whole career at lhw, not a run at it now) He couldve definitely make a run at the title tho.

Anderson at LHW is my mma dream
    Goodbye Mr. Burton

All in the reflexes
    Anderson Silva 5: TRT USERS 0 Hendo - Forrest - Nate - Chael... twice

Quote Originally Posted by Y2JUBAE View Post
    Anderson at LHW is my mma dream
    Me too. All new fights and questions without all the drama of negotiating new comers.

Rashad, Shogun, Goose, Glover, Hendo with (more) cardio, and Jones... Lots of really fun fights. Jones being the only one I could see him potentially losing to, but fun fights nonetheless.

Also, Silva's chin was criminally underated for a very long time. He has took a big shot from Hendo in the first round and walked right through it. Even shogun isn't putting Silva to sleep
    How many times did pillowfists Sonnen drop him? Don't tell me THAT was the rib injury.
    You say shark I say hey man, Jaws was never my scene and I don't like Star Wars

Thread Information