Thread: UFC boss promises all 14 cast members of 'TUF 17' an official UFC fight

Hybrid View

Default UFC boss promises all 14 cast members of 'TUF 17' an official UFC fight

UFC boss promises all 14 cast members of 'TUF 17' an official UFC fight | News

"This season is so f---ing good, and I was so happy with all the guys, I told them, 'Every one of you guys are going to fight. You're going to get one more chance in the UFC. Every guy here is going to get another chance in the UFC,'" White said at a Thursday media session promoting this weekend's UFC 156 event.

"The Ultimate Fighter 17" is currently airing Tuesday nights on FX. Two episodes have aired to date, and the show has generally been well received by MMA fans for a revised feel to the show, as well as one of the stronger casts in recent memory.

White's revelation is a staunch departure from his recent handling of the cast from "The Ultimate Fighter 16," which was widely panned for its dull fights and resulted in just four fighters (including the season's two tournament finalists) earning an official UFC appearance following the exhibition matches from the reality competition series.

While the UFC boss' revelation was surely fantastic news for the 12 "TUF 17" contestants who did not qualify for the final bout which takes place on April 13 at The Ultimate Fighter 17 Finale White said his matchmaker wasn't exactly thrilled with the challenge of adding 14 new fighters to a roster already bloated by the recent shuttering of UFC sister promotion Strikeforce.

Of course, that didn't do anything to change the UFC boss' mind.

"Joe Silva wants to f---ing kill me," White joked. "'It's impossible! It mathematically doesn't work.' I told him, 'Mathematically make it work.'
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

'Mathematically make it work.'

NICE.
    Sorry Fedor, but Dan Henderson is the G.O.A.T.

Favorite Fighter: JIM MILLER.
    Scariest Dude on the Planet: TYRONE SPONG.
    Other Favorites: Chris Lytle, Martin Kampmann, Joe Lauzon, Khabib Nurmagomedov, Conor McGregor, Paul Daley, Ross Pearson, Donald Cerrone, Renan Barao, Glover Texiera, & Alistair Overeem.

"He doesn't write his own material. Some homo in Queens living in his mother's basement in his underwear is writing Chael's material for him." - DON FRYE.

Didn't really think the guy that lost this week showed anything worthy of making it to a UFC fight. His striking didn't look great, he struggled with takedowns then showed no control whatsoever when he got one and in the end telegraphed enough of his takedowns to get ko'd by a knee.

Quote Originally Posted by Rise View Post
    Didn't really think the guy that lost this week showed anything worthy of making it to a UFC fight. His striking didn't look great, he struggled with takedowns then showed no control whatsoever when he got one and in the end telegraphed enough of his takedowns to get ko'd by a knee.
    Sounds like Bispings next opponent!

Only watched the first episode so far, but it feels like anything to hype the show and get the ratings back. Meh.

6. Default

They'll all just fight each other, lol.
    There are many paths to freedom, not all are peaceful

I have not watched any of the 2 episodes so far.
    Basically I am not interested in watching Chael's fake persona acts, and even less to hear anything Jon Jones has to say.
    As for the fighters, are they really that promising?? I have not seen the episodes, so I do not know. If they are indeed so great, then I may watch a little bit the season. But for some reason I have the feeling that it is just another attempt by Zuffa to gain viewers for the show. As almost no one is interested in TUF anymore.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Pasha K View Post
    I have not watched any of the 2 episodes so far.
    Basically I am not interested in watching Chael's fake persona acts, and even less to hear anything Jon Jones has to say.
    As for the fighters, are they really that promising?? I have not seen the episodes, so I do not know. If they are indeed so great, then I may watch a little bit the season. But for some reason I have the feeling that it is just another attempt by Zuffa to gain viewers for the show. As almost no one is interested in TUF anymore.
    Chael hasn't been doing anything over the top on the show he actually seems like he is interested in helping the fighters. Haven't seen to much of Jones on the show so far. Couple guys look pretty decent but hard to tell as the level of talent on the first show varies from one fighter to the next.

Highest number of viewers yet for a TUF season.
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Thread Information