Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 29

Thread: Dana White Slams Tito Ortiz, Says Ronda Rousey 'Smokes' His MMA Career

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Very far
    Posts
    9,175

    Default Dana White Slams Tito Ortiz, Says Ronda Rousey 'Smokes' His MMA Career

    The stupid goof went on full retard mode with this one. That, or Rhonda is really great at sucking his dick.

    UFC 156: Dana White Slams Tito Ortiz, Says Ronda Rousey 'Smokes' His MMA Career | Bleacher Report



    Tito Ortiz came out the other day and said, "What has Ronda Rousey [done]? Ronda Rousey hasn't even proven herself yet. She hasn't proven herself." What the f---! Tito was a junior college wrestler. [Rousey's] an Olympic-level athlete who won a f---ing medal at the Olympics. Ronda Rousey's first nine fights have gone nine minutes and 28 seconds. Tito Ortiz's first nine fights went 40 minutes and 45 seconds.

    What the f--- are you talking about, Tito? She blows you out of the water when it comes to accomplishing things at the same point in your age and career. She smokes you. She buries you. She's in another universe. I get it--he's a manager now and he's got to get out there and say some goofy s---. But c'mon. Do your homework, Tito.


    Edit: Sorry for writing 2 times that name. I am ashamed of myself.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff


  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Deep down the rabbit hole.
    Posts
    6,842

    Default

    Ouch.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    655

    Default

    All I read was.... Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh... Please oh please let women's mma in the ufc die... It might take a couple years but we can kill this nonesense!!!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,256

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pasha K View Post
    The stupid goof went on full retard mode with this one. That, or Rhonda is really great at sucking his dick.


    Edit: Sorry for writing 2 times that name. I am ashamed of myself.
    If you read the exact quote and not just the tile it's not really far from the truth. He compares where Tito was at and where Ronda is at roughly the same age and number of fights in MMA.

    Ronda is 6-0 and the champ in her weight class

    Tito was 4-2 and didn't become champ til after Frank Shamrock left

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Very far
    Posts
    9,175

    Default

    You can not compare them at all.
    First of all the level of competition in the LHW class (even in late 90s) was better than today's level in the women's division.

    And mainly, what is the point of comparing their beginning?
    The beginning means nothing. There are great fighters of today that actually lost their first pro fight.
    And there are plenty of fighters that had an awesome beginning and then it was a complete downfall.

    When she legitely wins the UFC belt, when she defends it 5 times in a row, when she becames a really known personality in MMA (because so far, casual fans have not idea of who is Rhonda Rousey), when she becomes a "Legend" of MMA, then you can compare them.
    Dana White is even comparing her amateur wins with Tito's professional fights LOL

    It is ridiculous to say that a girl that so far is 6-0 is basically much more impressive than someone that not only is a legend of this sport, but also someone that stayed with UFC during the years when they were not even near as succesful as they are now.

    It is not only the fact that the comparison is ridiculous. It is the fact that once again Dana shows that he does not have any respect for anyone, even to the people that were in the company for many years.

    Now he says that Rhonda is so amazing and so extraordinary. He says that because it is convenient for him to say that. When Rhonda ages and becomes less attractive and stops sucking Dana's dick, he will say that she was never good, that the WMMA division had no serious competition and that she sucks!

    I understand that he is a promoter, but damn, his tongue is connected to his ass.

    You say that Tito became champ only after Frank left. That is true, the difference is that Tito had to fight to win his championship. Ronda received that belt without having one single fight in the UFC. WTF is that??
    Last edited by Pasha K; 02-02-2013 at 01:47 AM.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff


  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,766

    Default

    Rhonda won her belt fair and square, just like Jose and Cruz.

    That said, Tito fought some very big names early in his career and performed well. Ronda just hasn't seen that level of competition in MMA. Sadly, we don't know if she ever will.
    Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    Either that or some cooter-crabs.
    It's gonna be a good weekend

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Very far
    Posts
    9,175

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    Rhonda won her belt fair and square, just like Jose and Cruz.
    The Strikeforce belt yes, she won it fair and square.
    Just like Aldo and Cruz won fair and squeare the WEC belt.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff


  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Ont. Canada
    Posts
    1,636

    Default

    Olympic Medal >>>>> any UFC belt


    And with that said, MMA should be an olympic sport.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,256

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pasha K View Post
    You can not compare them at all.
    First of all the level of competition in the LHW class (even in late 90s) was better than today's level in the women's division.
    There is no quantifiable way to compare the two divisions. Other then keeping in mind that MMA training has evolved greatly since Tito started out and the woman today have benefited from that where as Tito's opponents in the past didn't have that.

    And mainly, what is the point of comparing their beginning?
    The beginning means nothing. There are great fighters of today that actually lost their first pro fight. And there are plenty of fighters that had an awesome beginning and then it was a complete downfall.
    Tito started the trash talk with saying what has she done. Dana fired back saying that she has done more up to this point in her career then Tito had at the same point in his.

    It is ridiculous to say that a girl that so far is 6-0 is basically much more impressive than someone that not only is a legend of this sport, but also someone that stayed with UFC during the years when they were not even near as succesful as they are now.

    It is not only the fact that the comparison is ridiculous. It is the fact that once again Dana shows that he does not have any respect for anyone, even to the people that were in the company for many years.
    If you want to argue Tito's overall career you'd be right he is overall more successful. However you are taking the quote out of context and making an argument that isn't there. Plenty of pro athletes are compared to legends at early points in their career you may not like that it's done under but you'll have to get over it.

    Now he says that Rhonda is so amazing and so extraordinary. He says that because it is convenient for him to say that. When Rhonda ages and becomes less attractive and stops sucking Dana's dick, he will say that she was never good, that the WMMA division had no serious competition and that she sucks!
    Or perhaps your hate for Dana and Ronda blinds you to the fact she is actually talented and a capable fighter.

    You say that Tito became champ only after Frank left. That is true, the difference is that Tito had to fight to win his championship. Ronda received that belt without having one single fight in the UFC. WTF is that??
    You bring that up alot but I'm more then positive you didn't make any complaints when they did it for Cruz and Aldo. Perhaps again it's that dislike for Ronda filtering through.

    Look at it however you want it's just a matter of them changing the promotions name on the title when that fighter and their division moves over.

    Oh and just throwing it out there but Tito probably wouldn't have got a chance to fight for the title a second time and had the chance to defend it for 5 in a row if Frank had been willing to take a pay cut. We can probably factor in him ducking a fight with Chuck for some of that period of time as well.
    Last edited by Rise; 02-02-2013 at 04:48 AM.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    810
    Posts
    6,527

    Default

    Not a big fan of Tito. But damn Ronda is still very young in her career... you also have to take in account the huge dropoff between mens and womens MMA... The competitive talent is at a far lower level period...

    Could Ronda really be that good, sure? but its apples to oranges. Even tito's early standup looks great compared to Ronda's.

    Quote Originally Posted by BonesKnows View Post
    Olympic Medal >>>>> any UFC belt

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •