Page 58 of 68 FirstFirst ... 8485657585960 ... LastLast

Thread: UFC 156: Aldo vs. Edgar- Live Results and Discussion Thread

I think Edgar needs to come up with better gameplans... and actually try and finish a fight... I think the judges have caught on to his always stay busy type tactics and are not a fan of it.

Quote Originally Posted by MirJitsu View Post
    Would anyone take Aldo over Henderson?
    I would.

After watching this fight, there is no one that can convince me that Dominick Cruz wouldn't beat Jose Aldo. If Aldo had problems with Edgar's stand up and leg kicks, Cruz would spend 5 rounds running circles around him. Man he needs to heal up so we can see the one true super fight there is out there.

Also, who does Cain fight now? JDS has no business getting an immediate rematch, Bigfoot is less than a year away from getting his ass kicked by Cain and DC is his teammate. Does the UFC try and bump Jones up? Cain v. Werdum right now is really the only logical match, if Werdum beats Big Nog. But now that I said that we can all count on Big Nog beating Werdum.
    Dude, Iím a wrestler. Iím the best wrestler in MMA. Wrestling IS, was and always has been the most dominate form of mix martial art on the planet. Thatís all there is to it. We all know it, some people want to fight it, some people want doubt it but wresters rule the MMA world. -
    Ben Askren

I had Frankie winning the last 3 and the fight. I get that not everybody has it that way, but 49-46 what the fuck man?!?!?! These judges suck so much.

Quote Originally Posted by optimusjoel View Post
    You know when it takes that long to get the score it's a robbery.
    you can also tell by the look on Buffer's face if its going to be B.S. since he has to read them to himself before he goes in the cage. I sensed the look on his face this time was "here we go again...dumb judges"

49-46 was bullshit
    How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if woodchucks could chuck wood?

and i laughed when aldos corner said he was up 4-0....lmao jon anik just said he had it 49-46 aldo on the post fight show. Fuck Jon Anik, thats why you announce fuel tv cards

I don't see why everyone is so upset with the 49-46 scores. I personally had it 48-47, but the only round Edgar definitely won was the 4th. You can make a case for either guy winning the 3rd and 5th.

Quote Originally Posted by H0SS View Post
    "Stay busy tactics"?
    Get hit with anything and everything in rounds 1-3 and then when your opponents get tired of hitting you too much, score a few meaningless takedowns that your opponent gets right up from in rounds 4 and 5 and finish the fight with so much more energy than your opponent that it makes you look like you easily won that fight by unanimous decision.

Thread Information