Page 66 of 68 FirstFirst ... 16566465666768 LastLast

Thread: UFC 156: Aldo vs. Edgar- Live Results and Discussion Thread

Great night for Brazil!!

Cheater Roidereem got what he deserved. Not only because he is a cheater, but also because he absolutely underestimates everybody. He was the whole time with his hands down. Well, he got KTFOd.
    BigFoot did not looked impressive at all. He lost the first 2 rounds and would get destroyed by Cain again.
    The negative part is that I wanted to see Overeem get destroyed by Cain. Not just a quick KO, but a slow and painful beating.

Maia is just a monster at 170. Fitch is one of the best wrestlers and Maia made him look like a complete dummy. IMO he should be 1 win away from a title shot.
    Maia vs Hendricks is a ficght I want to see. Maia vs Jacare too.

Good that Lil Nog defeated Evans. I have never been a fan of Rashad.

I have not watched the Aldo-Edgar fight yet.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

The highlight of my night was watching the Snuggler get Snuggled.

Maia is going to be a real threat at WW..When u picture him fighting GSP though you see it going down very similar to AS/Maia minus the douchey dancing antics.
    I really believe that people like Bill Murray or John Belushi are just as great and just as valid as Robert De Niro or Al Pacino. And I don't think you can say One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest (1975) is a better movie than Animal House (1978); they're different genres. I think they're both examples of great craftsmanship.

-Sam Rockwell

look who took a picture with dana after the presser...

its Melvin Manhoef!

EDIT; other picture i attempted to post wouldnt work, take my word for it that its melvin haha
    Last edited by BonesKnows; 02-03-2013 at 08:57 AM.

Very interesting night of fights. Few thoughts about the main card:

- Benavidez vs McCall: I hated this fight happen so soon after they lost to Mighty Mouse. Nonetheless, it was good to see Benavidez win, but hated seeing McCall being winless in 3. Just mixed feelings in that one.

- Maia vs Fitch: Maia is a monster. I expected it to be a close fight, but Maia gave Fitch no room to be breathe. I like that he's a pitbull at 170. A lot of great contenders at WW. Seriously why the hell would GSP move up to fight Anderson now?

- Overeem vs Big Foot: I knew that if Overeem played the same stupid hands down game he did with Lesnar, he would eventually get caught. He didn't become the K1 champion by putting his hands down. He always used to have a high guard. Teaches him a lesson. The HW picture is really fucked. Wonder if the winner of Struve/Hunt will get the title shot now? Kind of weird but isn't that the only one that makes sense timing wise?

- Rashad vs Lil Nog: Rashad did not look good at all. I don't know why he didn't bother throwing leg kicks at least. Lil Nog's takedown defense was solid and is improving with each fight. Why not have a rematch with Shogun for fun or at least Shogun vs Rashad; that's still a new fight to put on. Also, as Dana said, Weidman is the only one that's left for Anderson.

- Aldo vs Edgar: I personally scored it 48-47, but I think people going nuts over the 49-46 like it was a robbery may need to watch the fight again. The 3rd and 5th round were both very close. Only the 4th went clearly to Edgar. Nonetheless, it was too bad that Aldo abandoned his leg kicks after the 3rd round as it was a huge difference maker. Edgar is just awesome. It just sucks how close of a 2nd place he is at 2 weight classes. He is probably the only guy who is still one of the top p4p fighters after 3 straight losses. It really should be Aldo vs Lamas next, but that text message from Pettis now may say otherwise. That would be a crazy fight.

Overall great event.

5. Default

Hopefully that was a wakeup call for Alistair and his striking technique. Over confidence isn't a good thing, especially in a division where anyone can get slept at anytime.

I still think when they collided heads at the beginning of the 3rd, really KO'd Overeem.
    When you're down.... you're down 4-Life

Well I missed everything tonight but after reading things online, I am absolutely shocked. I am waiting to watch the fights but the sites aren't working for me right now.

I cannot believe Bigfoot won, let alone knocked the fuck out of Overeem. I am not a fan of either of them so it doesn't matter much to me in terms of disappointment. It's actually great because now hopefully we get to see JDS/Overeem. I'm really surprised Rashad lost to Lil Nog though. What an upset. And Maia dominating Fitch at his own game? Sounds like great stuff. Too bad for Fitch though. I feel bad for Frankie but I thought Jose would win a decision. Sounds like there is some controversy so, again, I can't wait to actually watch the fights.

As for Pettis VS Aldo... That would be fucking crazy. Undeserved, but what's new.

7. Default

For me, the biggest question to come out of last night is what do you do with Overeem now? I mean, talk about a guy being in a "must win" situation now. If he were to lose another fight, thats pretty much the end of any billing him as a top fighter, but on the other side, a win over a lesser opponent does him no better. Best case scenario for the 'reem right now, would be Werdum losing and the two of them having a rematch. JDS puts the reem we saw last night into an early grave.

There will always be fun fights for the reem. Can't wait to see him fight mark hunt someday.
    Would love to see Barnett vs Bigfoot.
    Maia looked beastly. Him vs condit rory winner would be awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakara=Excitement View Post
    Hopefully that was a wakeup call for Alistair and his striking technique. Over confidence isn't a good thing, especially in a division where anyone can get slept at anytime.

I still think when they collided heads at the beginning of the 3rd, really KO'd Overeem.
    I knew if he kept his hands down like that, it was only a matter of time before he got caught. I saw them collide in the beginning but don't think it really affected him.

Regardless if he would have won like that (with his hands low), he would have came out like that against Cain or Jds like that and got put out fast. So all I can hope for is that he learns from that arrogance and comes back better.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDoucheyWun View Post
    The highlight of my night was watching the Snuggler get Snuggled.

Maia is going to be a real threat at WW..When u picture him fighting GSP though you see it going down very similar to AS/Maia minus the douchey dancing antics.
    Oh yes! I loved that too.....I kinda wish Maia could go over to bellator for just one fight.... oh the joy I would have seeing him do that to Askren....

.......ugh...I've been driving the Overeem bandwagon for sometime now, last night fucking sucked! But I have to give credit to Bigfoot, he's no fucking joke. He was a champ for a good reason and on any given night he's a dangerous fighter. Overeem is not "over rated" he just got lazy and thought he was Anderson Silva. He also forgot how to recover after he gets hurt, or maybe he never learned. Standing there and exchanging shots was dumb, had he shot or maybe even rolled and pulled guard, he could have survived and won the fight by two rounds. He has to do a better job at thinking in the cage, that's the difference between winning and losing for many top fighters. I did like his wrestling game in the 2nd. I hope he continues to improve that. Otherwise this was a huge loss for him and now Bigfoot has become the man who beat Fedor and Overreem. This is no "small feet"..........ugh ok....

I hope beating Rashad earns Little Nog some respect and much needed attention. he didn't finish him, but I think he can make the case to take on another top contender and start making a run. I'd love to see one of the nogs hold a UFC belt, Big Nog probably has a better chance though....

I think Aldo clearly won the fight. Frankie is tough and lands lots of little shots and nice combos. But he get's his ass kicked by more athletic fighters. It's a sport but it's also a fight. and judges are going to be less inclined to give a fight to a guy who looks like frankie does at the end of a fight, especially when Aldo barely seems to have a scratch on him. That superman punch of the cage needs to be a Gif. because that was fucking awesome!
    Scarface: Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, you're cool, and fuck you, I'm out!

"I don't call the fighting in my films 'violent', I call it 'action'. An action film borders between fantasy and reality. If I were to be completely realistic in my films, you would call me a violent, bloody man. I would simply destroy my opponent by tearing his guts out. I wouldn't do it so artistically." ~Bruce Lee

Thread Information