Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lets Play MatchMaker Post UFC 156 (SPOILER ALERT)

Default Lets Play MatchMaker Post UFC 156 (SPOILER ALERT)

Alright now that UFC 156 is in the books, let's try to be Joe Silva for a day!

I hope Demian Maia gets the winner of Condit & McDonald II. Fitch should get the loser of that fight.

Bigfoot should be one win away from a title shot now but I'm not sure who to put him up against. Maybe versus the winner of Mir/Cormier? Or maybe vs Barnett if he signs with the UFC?

Cain vs JDS III must happen next since Reem couldn't get the win. Maybe Reem gets the loser of Mir/Cormier?

Weidman vs Anderson Silva must happen next since Rashad lost.

Rashad should get Shogun next. Both big names & former champions at 205 coming off numerous losses.

Lil Nog should get the winner of Gustaffson and Mousasi.

Let the speculation begin!
    "I don't want them to like me, because when I'm in the ring, punches fly to the face. It is not a tenderness time. I am not falling in love. And he knows that when the fight starts I kick faces."
    "I think you should be able to kick in the head, it’s a fun thing to do."

Aldo vs Lamas or KZ
    Edgar vs Loser of Swanson vs Portier
    Rashad vs Shogun
    Allistar vs Travis Brown
    Cain vs. Struve or Hunt, Bigfoot vs JDS?
    Fitch vs Kampmann

Lil Nog should fight Glover..

JDS/Overeem
    Cain- Hunt/Struve Winner or Nog/ Werdum winner
    Rashad/Shogun works
    Bigfoot- no idea
    Maia- Nelson after he beats Santiago is what I would like...But I bet we see Kos try to Avenge Fitch when he's done with Lawler
    Aldo-Lamas
    Edgar- Swanson/Poirier winner or loser
    I really believe that people like Bill Murray or John Belushi are just as great and just as valid as Robert De Niro or Al Pacino. And I don't think you can say One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest (1975) is a better movie than Animal House (1978); they're different genres. I think they're both examples of great craftsmanship.

-Sam Rockwell

JDS-Overeem definitely needs to happen. Everybody thought that they would be fighting for the belt. They both lost and they both wanted to fight eachother. The fight makes sense.

BigFoot vs winner of Cormier vs Mir.

Cain vs ????? There is no one. Really no one legit contender. Barnett may be the only option. Or in the worst of scenarios, make a third fight with JDS. It is still soon to give BigFoot the rematch (He lost the first 2 rounds), Cain vs Cormier would not fight.

Maia vs Jacare is a dream match IMO

Rashad vs Shogun

Lil Nog vs Teixeira

Aldo vs KZ
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

5. Default

HW is as follows.

Either winner of Struve vs Hunt or Werdum if he wins.
    There are many paths to freedom, not all are peaceful

IMO Struve and Hunt need to beat at least 1 Top 10 fighter before getting a shot.

Werdum is fighting Big Nog in summer I think. If he wins, he would need like 4 or 5 months to prepare. That means that Cain will not be fighting until november? That is a very very long time.

If there is really no option, then make Cigano vs Cain III. Makes no really sense because JDS has to earn the rematch, but seriously there is no opponent that makes sense for Cain right now. Only Cormier, but they are teammates.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

7. Default

HW division is too thin to do all this "you gotta fight another guy"..that's how log jams happen.

Just keep the opponents coming. Hunt vs Struve winner. Then you have Werdum, Bigfoot, and Roy Nelson in the wings.

You can't log jam the division. It happens way too much.
    There are many paths to freedom, not all are peaceful

How do Hardy's, Leites's,Maia's, and so fourth get their shots??

Hunt/Struve winner would be on a 4 fight streak that makes alot more sense then the champ fighting the other 2 guys at the top that he recently smashed back to back and have no right's to a rematch at this point.
    I really believe that people like Bill Murray or John Belushi are just as great and just as valid as Robert De Niro or Al Pacino. And I don't think you can say One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest (1975) is a better movie than Animal House (1978); they're different genres. I think they're both examples of great craftsmanship.

-Sam Rockwell

Aldo/Pettis
    Edgar/Guida since he won his 145 debut
    Lil Nog/loser of Gustaffson and Mousasi
    Evans/Shogun I guess.. Can't really think of one for him
    Bigfoot/Barnett
    Overeem/JDS or the winner of Mir/Cormier

Cain..?? Sitting pretty. If Cormier wins he should get a shot at either Cain or Bones. But just for a long shot I'd like to see the winner of Struve/Hunt get the shot.
    "I AM THE PUNISHMENT OF GOD, IF YOU HAVE NOT COMMITTED GREAT SINS GOD WOULD NOT HAVE SENT A PUNISHMENT LIKE ME UPON YOU."

~ Genghis Khan

Aldo vs Lama
    Edgar vs Mendes
    Lil Nog vs Glover
    Rashad should drop to 185lbs maybe Vitor?
    Big Foot vs Barnett
    Overeem vs JDS
    Maia vs macdonald/condit winner
    Fitch vs Tarec saffiedine

Woodley looked damn impressive too, he needs a step up in competition

Cain should take on somebody fresh. Either scrap the werdum/nog fight and give it to werdum or go with Struve/Hunt winner.

Thread Information