Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Dana White says 'it looks like' Chris Weidman is next for Anderson Silva

Quote Originally Posted by The Donosaur View Post
    I just want the champ to face whoever the #1 contender is when the champ is healthy enough to fight, that goes for every champ. The #1 contender at middleweight is Chris Weidman so that is who I want the middleweight champ to fight.

What do you mean when you say he has no choice?
    When Weidman realizes his disadvantages in the striking dept or whenever he gets hit he will do what most wrestlers do and resort to his wrestling base. The most success against Silva as usual will be found by taking him down to the ground.

You'll see what I mean when they fight and I have to assume this fight is set in stone. Personally If I was DW I would make Weidman fight Vitor or Okami 1st.
    Anderson Silva:
    Best Fighter on the planet.

I think this is the reason I can see Bellator gaining ground on the UFC, the can explain their ranking structure pretty easily, where as if Dana had to explain the UFC's structure It would kinda look like this....

Then you add in a magic 8 ball and that's how we determine the number one contender....any other fucking questions?
    Scarface: Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, you're cool, and fuck you, I'm out!

"I don't call the fighting in my films 'violent', I call it 'action'. An action film borders between fantasy and reality. If I were to be completely realistic in my films, you would call me a violent, bloody man. I would simply destroy my opponent by tearing his guts out. I wouldn't do it so artistically." ~Bruce Lee

Quote Originally Posted by joeodd2 View Post
    I think this is the reason I can see Bellator gaining ground on the UFC, the can explain their ranking structure pretty easily, where as if Dana had to explain the UFC's structure It would kinda look like this....

Then you add in a magic 8 ball and that's how we determine the number one contender....any other fucking questions?
    Or he would say something like, "We put on fights that fans want to see!" essentially using their target audience as scapegoats.

That is a viable excuse he can get away with and it doesn't require a shred of proof.
    Anderson Silva:
    Best Fighter on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by roaddawg View Post
    When Weidman realizes his disadvantages in the striking dept or whenever he gets hit he will do what most wrestlers do and resort to his wrestling base. The most success against Silva as usual will be found by taking him down to the ground.

You'll see what I mean when they fight and I have to assume this fight is set in stone. Personally If I was DW I would make Weidman fight Vitor or Okami 1st.
    If he can beat Silva by taking him then he should and Silva will no longer be champion.

Quote Originally Posted by The Donosaur View Post
    If that happened I'd have GSP-Ellenberger and Silva-Weidman.
    What if Silva was willing to go down in weight or GSP was willing to go up in weight, would you rather see the GSP-Silva fight then?

I have to admit I don't understand how you can be a fan of the sport and not want to see those 2 go at it at a catchweight. I have to imagine that would be a more dangerous fight to both of them, then the 2 fights you listed above. Both of them have been # 1 and 2 in the p4p ranking for years now and they are only one division apart. I'm not trying to be a dick, I literally don't understand the reasons to be opposed to that fight?

Not directed at you, but I don't know why so many people talk about Weidman smothering Silva to death. Silva was smothered by a wrestler one time in his UFC career, in a fight he allegedly wanted to win by submission (per the movie like water).

Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    They'll wait until after UFC 158 to make this fight. If GSP dominates Diaz and Hendricks screws the pooch against Ellenberger the time might be right for a GSP/Silva fight.
    I sure hope we dont have to wait another month or so until a Silva fight gets booked but that does make sense.
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Quote Originally Posted by Bork_Lazer View Post
    What if Silva was willing to go down in weight or GSP was willing to go up in weight, would you rather see the GSP-Silva fight then?

I have to admit I don't understand how you can be a fan of the sport and not want to see those 2 go at it at a catchweight. I have to imagine that would be a more dangerous fight to both of them, then the 2 fights you listed above. Both of them have been # 1 and 2 in the p4p ranking for years now and they are only one division apart. I'm not trying to be a dick, I literally don't understand the reasons to be opposed to that fight?

Not directed at you, but I don't know why so many people talk about Weidman smothering Silva to death. Silva was smothered by a wrestler one time in his UFC career, in a fight he allegedly wanted to win by submission (per the movie like water).
    I would love to see it happen if one guy went up or down, fought for the title, and stayed there if they won. Part of me kinda wants to say that the guy that is changing weight should forfeit his old title. That way both champs have to risk leaving without a belt, as it should be anytime a champ fights.

Kimbo> Rampage Guest

What is this?!??

What has Anderson done to even deserve to fight Weidman?

Anderson should have to atleast beat Munoz to get to Weidman...

Anderson was just wrestling with Munoz, and got his rib all fucked up... imagine if they were to actually fight...

Hammil vs. Weidman for GOAT/P4P belt.

Quote Originally Posted by Kimbo> Rampage View Post
    What is this?!??

What has Anderson done to even deserve to fight Weidman?

Anderson should have to atleast beat Munoz to get to Weidman...

Anderson was just wrestling with Munoz, and got his rib all fucked up... imagine if they were to actually fight...

Hammil vs. Weidman for GOAT/P4P belt.
    Hamill would probably accept the fight at least.

Thread Information