+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: “Big Foot” Silva May Have Earned Rematch with Cain Velasquez with KO of Overeem

Default “Big Foot” Silva May Have Earned Rematch with Cain Velasquez with KO of Overeem

“Big Foot” Silva May Have Earned Rematch with Cain Velasquez with KO of Overeem

Antonio "Big Foot" Silva May Have Earned Rematch with Cain Velasquez with KO of Overeem | MMAWeekly.com

“Going into this fight (Overeem vs. Silva), we talked about if Alistair Overeem won. He (Silva) and Cain Velasquez just fought recently, but I’m telling you, the way that he looked in this fight, what he did to Alistair, maybe we do this fight again,” said UFC president Dana White during the UFC 156 post-fight press conference.

“I wouldn’t be opposed to that,” added White. “I wouldn’t be opposed to giving him the fight. He went in there and he knocked out – they called that a TKO. That was a knockout. He knocked out Alistair Overeem, and he looked great doing it, so we’ll see what happens.”

Silva said it would be a pleasure to face Velasquez in a rematch.

“He’s a big champion. He’s a tough guy,” said Silva. “I just want to fight the best guys.”

The knockout win over Overeem doesn’t guarantee Silva the next title shot with Velasquez, but it certainly raised his stock and put him at the top of the line, or near it.

“There’s a lot of interesting fights to make in the heavyweight division. Who fights Cain next is the toughest,” said White. “This guy has beat some tough guys.”

Antonio ‘Bigfoot’ Silva on UFC 156 Knockout of Alistair Overeem: I Knew He Would Get Tired
    http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Ant...et-Tired-49717
    “My strategy was to go for the second and the third rounds, because I knew he didn’t have good cardio and a good heart,” said Silva. “I know he won the first round. When he put me on the ground [in round two] and used ground-and-pound, it didn’t affect me too much. I said, ‘Hey, let’s go. Punch me hard, man. Let’s go.’ In the third round, he dropped his hands, and I did my job. I knew he was going to be tired in the third round.”

After dropping Overeem, “Bigfoot” began yelling at his fallen foe. Even as Dean did his best to restrain the former super heavyweight, Silva still managed to unleash a brief verbal tirade against “The Reem.”

“I said, ‘Let’s go. Come fight. I want to fight more.’”

Despite his impressive performance, Silva refused to call out his next opponent. Still, the 33-year-old said he will not back down from his next foe, regardless of whom the UFC chooses.

“I don’t know [who I want to fight next]. Now I’m going back to my home to stay with my family. I’m going to rest two weeks and then go back to training,” said Silva. “I’ll fight [whomever] the UFC gives me -- whoever is best for the UFC. I’ll be prepared for the next fight.”

White suggests Velasquez-Cormier possible; Barnett not getting quick title shot
    http://www.mmajunkie.com/news/2013/0...ick-title-shot
    Last edited by Cat--Smasher; 02-03-2013 at 07:22 PM.
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

2. Default

Sorry, but I don't see it going any differently. Bigfoot is the only guy who can win two fights by brutal knockout and not look good doing it. I don't see them as fights he won, but more as fights they lost. Travis Browne got cocky and hurt his knee doing that stupid jump, and Overeem played around too much (knowing his chin doesn't hold up very well) and ended up going down for it (which is what he gets for acting like a cocky prick).

I still think if Bigfoot were to rematch his last two opponents, he would lose. And god forbid if he were to step in the cage with Cain again...
    ------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    “Big Foot” Silva May Have Earned Rematch with Cain Velasquez with KO of Overeem

Antonio "Big Foot" Silva May Have Earned Rematch with Cain Velasquez with KO of Overeem | MMAWeekly.com
    I'd say give it to umm... Maybe Roy?

Last edited by Cat--Smasher; 02-03-2013 at 07:29 PM.
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

I was just saying in the Event discussion thread that if Struve beats Hunt he'll be on a 5 fight win streak and I'd give him a shot at the title before anyone else but I wouldn't mind seeing Bigfoot get a shot.

Either way Cain will most likely be the champ for a long time to come.
    Legalize MMA in New York

6. Default

I'm telling you, it was the clash of heads at the beginning of the round that did Reem in!
    When you're down.... you're down 4-Life

I'd put both Nelson and the Struve/Hunt winner ahead of him.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

He needs to at least go through the winner of Struve/Hunt or Werdum/Nog. I don't see anything new in Bigfoot that tells me the same beating won't happen in a rematch with Cain.

Quote Originally Posted by H0SS View Post
    Sorry, but I don't see it going any differently. Bigfoot is the only guy who can win two fights by brutal knockout and not look good doing it. I don't see them as fights he won, but more as fights they lost. Travis Browne got cocky and hurt his knee doing that stupid jump, and Overeem played around too much (knowing his chin doesn't hold up very well) and ended up going down for it (which is what he gets for acting like a cocky prick).

I still think if Bigfoot were to rematch his last two opponents, he would lose. And god forbid if he were to step in the cage with Cain again...
    I thought he looked good in that they were suppost to steam roll him but he didnt let them and when the time came, he put the hurt on them.

10. Default

Bigfoot vs JDS make it happen
    "...for he today who sheds his blood with me shall be my brother." William Shakespeare

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it." Helen Keller

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information