Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: “Big Foot” Silva May Have Earned Rematch with Cain Velasquez with KO of Overeem

Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    Oh shit, this is too funny. Allistair's got food coma from eating my little (horse meat) pony.

Dana mentioned that Barnett would NOT be getting an immediate title shot, but you can not deny that his leverage was increased by the loss of Overeem as a viable HW title contender. I really hope his negotiations don't drag out and he gets his ass in the cage to shake up the division.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakara=Excitement View Post
    I'm telling you, it was the clash of heads at the beginning of the round that did Reem in!
    Clash of head or no clash of heads, his fight intelligence or lack their of did him in. He should have shot or did something to create distance and clear his head. He chose to stand and trade while hurt, short of a lucky shot, that almost never works out very well.....Reem blew it big time, end of story. And Bigfoot showed he has as much class as Brock Lesnar with that bullshit he pulled at the end of the fight. I want to see him brutalized for doing that.....I say give him Barnett so he can get grapple fucked and sub'd.
    Scarface: Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, you're cool, and fuck you, I'm out!

"I don't call the fighting in my films 'violent', I call it 'action'. An action film borders between fantasy and reality. If I were to be completely realistic in my films, you would call me a violent, bloody man. I would simply destroy my opponent by tearing his guts out. I wouldn't do it so artistically." ~Bruce Lee

Quote Originally Posted by TBEAR View Post
    Bigfoot vs JDS make it happen
    Na. Said it in the live discussion thread; JDS vs Overeem. Losers usually fight losers, and there's already bad blood between them.

Side note: Didn't Overeem say that he submitted to voluntary random testing so that he would be licensed for this past fight? He also said the testing was expensive (he paid out-of-pocket) and didn't plan to continue with that, so I expect Ubereem to be back in full effect for his next fight. Not that lack of testosterone determined the outcome of this fight, but Overeem was slightly less ripped in this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearded Big Country View Post
    I thought he looked good in that they were suppost to steam roll him but he didnt let them and when the time came, he put the hurt on them.
    True this. Say what you want about Bigfoot's lumbering demeanor, but when the opportunity to finish came, he mixed in uppercuts and crosses with brutal efficiency. Can't say the man doesn't have a killer instinct. Ask Fedor.

I said it before, if it gets tough for Reem, he usually wilts.

However, I still DESPISE the Bigfoot bully act. I hate it. He's used to being a 330 lb. monster and people cowering in front of his massive head.

I'm telling you, it was the clash of heads at the beginning of the round that did Reem in!
    It looked like an almost immediate short right during the tie-up added to the damage but I did see the clash as well.

Overeem is a very effective striker but his combinations and approach are so easy to scout it's not even funny. A few years ago, I said his techniques were effective but amateur-ish and got BLASTED by some K-1 fans right after he won the GP. Watch him, though. It's usually a couple of wide/wading in punches followed by a tie-up and a couple of knees to the body and a few wide punches to the covered head.
    You say shark I say hey man, Jaws was never my scene and I don't like Star Wars

Quote Originally Posted by H0SS View Post
    I agree with the whole Bigfoot lack of class sentiment. I don't mind pre-fight trash talk, but don't be a dick afterwards. He always seems to have a chip on his shoulder too for some reason.
    I don't think it is a chip, I think it's one of those things from Easter Island.

Bigfoot to me, comes off as one of those guys that gets personally offended if the guy he is fighting thinks that he can win. No offense to the guy, but I've always thought guys like that are really dumb. It's almost like they can't comprehend that someone else has self confidence.

Kimbo> Rampage Guest

This sure makes things interesting...

id say Werdum is the most deserving, but he is doing TUF and fighting Nog, that will be a while from now...

I would love to see DC vs. Cain... and this puts even more pressure on it, should DC get past Mir... I just dont see it happening... Evans and Jones fought, those 2 should fight as well...

DC made it seem like he wouldnt move down to LHW unless he got a title shot... There are plenty of contenders lined up at LHW.

BigFoot has not done anything that could lead to think that the rematch would be different.
    He defeated an injured Travis Browne and KOd Reem after losing the first 2 rounds.

But if it happens, I will gladly watch Cain destroy him again.
    BigFoot is kinda douchey and annoying.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

Everyone saying Bigfoot will get destroyed should go back and read the "overeem will get title shot" thread that happened before the fight.

The predictions are eerily similar, because everyone sleeps on Silva. Antonio is a bonafide fighter, always has been. Sure, Cain is a favorite, but if he makes any mistakes--or if the Cain shows up that came to the first JDS bout--Bigfoot has more than enough to put him out.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

Quote Originally Posted by Pasha K View Post
    BigFoot has not done anything that could lead to think that the rematch would be different.
    He defeated an injured Travis Browne and KOd Reem after losing the first 2 rounds.

But if it happens, I will gladly watch Cain destroy him again.
    BigFoot is kinda douchey and annoying.
    So agree!

I understand being hyped after a big win but no reason to get douchey and annoying about it. Now for the next few months until his next fight, he is gonna be talking out of his ass like he is the best there is, the way he did after beating Fedor. I hope someone puts him in his place like Cormier and Cain did. But then we will hear him say how could have won but underestimated his opponents and blah blah blah.

Thread Information