Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: “Big Foot” Silva May Have Earned Rematch with Cain Velasquez with KO of Overeem

Quote Originally Posted by _DCdoctr_ View Post
    Cain/Bigfoot #1 was a one-way, woodshed beating. Cain/Bigfoot #2 will be a one-way, woodshed beating. => Second verse, same as the first. ¿Comprende?

BP
    There are far too many rematches that show that any fighter has a chance on any given night.

If Cain were a dominant champion who has defended his belt repeatedly, I'd agree because it would be a long term trend, but that is not the case.

Bigfoot has a better chance than most would give him credit for.... his win against Overeem.... shows that.

The result is definitely not a given, but I do think that Bigfoot vs Werdum would be a stellar number one contender matchup if they are not looking to pair up Cain immediately.

If I were to make a prediction it would be that history repeats itself, Cain will get injured and be shelfed.

Not sure why Bigfoot isn't getting his props?
    AO was undeniably overconfident.
    That much was obvious.
    But Bigfoot hung in there, never put himself in a position to take too much damage, and when the opening came, he finished.
    End of story.
    You can say what might of happened, or what could have happened, etc. but at the end of the day, the fight is just that... a fight.
    And it ain't over til the ref says stop.

AO was knocked out.
    Bigfoot kicked his ass.

I gotta respect that.
    Plus... I can't think of another fighter who holds wins over AO and Fedor.
    In my opinion, that can't just be luck.

It wasn't pretty... or predictable... but Bigfoot WON that fight.
    How he won it, why he won it, that's all just speculation and opinion.
    What is fact is, Overeem got knocked the f*#% out.

Quote Originally Posted by Sniggles View Post
    There are far too many rematches that show that any fighter has a chance on any given night.
    I'd say there are many rematches that would favor my position concerning rematch outcomes, e.g. Silva/Sonnen, Silva/Franklin, Benson/Edgar; just to name three.

If Cain were a dominant champion who has defended his belt repeatedly, I'd agree because it would be a long term trend, but that is not the case.
    I'm not arguing that. I just think there's a high probability that Cain will run through Bigfoot again; maybe in a worse way than their first match.

Bigfoot has a better chance than most would give him credit for.... his win against Overeem.... shows that.
    That's only assuming that Cain approaches the fight with the same genius as Übereem.

The result is definitely not a given, but I do think that Bigfoot vs Werdum would be a stellar number one contender matchup if they are not looking to pair up Cain immediately.
    I agree. I'd much rather see Werdum/Bigfoot. However, I still see Bigfoot losing in this matchup as well.

If I were to make a prediction it would be that history repeats itself, Cain will get injured and be shelfed.
    Nope. He'll most likely repeat what he ignorantly did against JDS during their first match, which was to make sure that show goes forward. Hopefully AKA will keep other people who are sparring away from Cain while he trains.

BP
    Last edited by _DCdoctr_; 02-03-2013 at 08:00 PM.
    Kevo's response regarding Jon Jones' toe injury:
    Quote Originally Posted by Trodden View Post
    At what point did the injury occur?
    Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    The part where his big toe does a backflip

I dont think Cain would want that rematch, how do you even build that fight? Bigfoot is way to hot and cold to have earned a title shot, he needs some consistancy before being given a title fight.

Werdum or Nelson next.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trojan Fight Club View Post
    well now I've seen War Machine's dick. fantastic.
    Quote Originally Posted by GL Jeff View Post
    Ill go against the grain.
    Werdum via triangle
    Someone needs to cheer for those poor souls.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Dirten View Post
    Not sure why Bigfoot isn't getting his props?
    Same reason why Boetsch got no respect for his win against Yushin Okami.

Although Silva vs. JDS makes more sense...I REALLY want JDS vs. Reem and it can be done now, with the winner being right back at the top of the list. Bad blood between those two, and I would like to see JDS get a KO on Reem.
    A tiger never loses sleep over the opinion of sheep.

I'd like to see it again. You can say what you want about Bigfoot but holy hell, he can beat any man on any day if he lands, or gets you mounted.. He just beat Alistair is devistating fashion, one of the most brutal KO'd I think I've ever saw, give the man some credit. You put him in with Struve, Hunt or Nelson I think he wins all 3, and I am a huge fan of all those fighters. Cain might beat Bigfoot again I have not a lot of doubts but if you beat Fedor and then take out an unbeaten Browne and Alistair with brutal KO's after only losing to possibly the 2 best HW's in the world, Cain and Cormier.. You deserve the shot. He earned his rematch I believe.
    Fedor Emelianenko is the Greatest P4P MMA fighter to ever walk the earth, hands down.

Said it many times before and I'll say it again Overroid is the most overated fighter ever and will never be more than middle of the pack in the UFC.
    Thats right bitches, gonna have to bling out the other hand soon...

I honestly do not mind seeing the rematch. Everyone else is tied up and Bigfoot is the best option if Cain wants to stay busy.

JDS - Just got dominated by Cain

Barnett -Hasn't fought in the UFC yet.

Nelson - an okay option if you want to see the UFC's first death.

Werdum - fighting Big Nog

DC - Fighting Mir

All the other guys who could have an argument for the title shot just aren't in the picture at the moment. The only other option out there other than Bigfoot is the Struve v. Hunt winner. And right now Bigfoot is a Top 5 HW and Struve and Hunt aren't even Top 10. Bigfoot is really the only option.
    Dude, I’m a wrestler. I’m the best wrestler in MMA. Wrestling IS, was and always has been the most dominate form of mix martial art on the planet. That’s all there is to it. We all know it, some people want to fight it, some people want doubt it but wresters rule the MMA world. -
    Ben Askren

I wish they'd scrap the DC/Mir fight already and leave Mir open for guys like Silva. If DC is going to LHW anyway, I'd rather see him move and not take a detour fight.
    Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    Either that or some cooter-crabs.
    It's gonna be a good weekend

Thread Information