+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Dana White after Rashad Evans' UFC 156 loss: 'He has lost that hunger'

he stole your will rashad.

anyway, he had every tool to win this fight, but didn't fight smart. in some matches, like his more recent tito match and the davis match, he looked unbeatable. though more importantly, he's had several matches where he's been tagged and been in trouble, (rampage and thiago silva), and he's altered his gameplan toward his strengths and pulled out clearcut decision victories. last saturday, it was almost like he was ignoring that he wasn't getting the better of the striking exchanges, and although he went for a few takedowns, there was no sense of urgency or power to them.

check out that beautiful cross-body double he pulled on rampage and compare it to anything he used on lil nog and you'll see what i'm talking about.

there was a much more powerful takedown in the fight but i can't find a gif. nearly all of his takedowns vs. davis are things of beauty as well.
    Last edited by Repenter; 02-05-2013 at 02:38 AM.
    Survival is Triumph Enough
    -Harry Crews

2. Default

He may of had personal issues, I don't know or care, but he's been on the kick that he's a great striker and left his wrestling that made him at home.

I think he actually got off the "striker" kick a while ago. He talked about after the Lyoto fight, then again around the time of the Tito fight if I recall. He's been much better at using his wrestling recently; I don't think it's reasonable to say that this fight establishes that old Liddell,Machida trend anew.

Overall, he just looked sluggish, unfocused, and uncomfortable. I'd actually say his striking looked worse and less comfortable than in prior fights. Not enough kicks, hesitant hands, etc. Poor performance, wouldn't say it had anything to do with wanting to purely strike like Rogan suggested.
    Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    Either that or some cooter-crabs.
    It's gonna be a good weekend

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    I think he actually got off the "striker" kick a while ago. He talked about after the Lyoto fight, then again around the time of the Tito fight if I recall. He's been much better at using his wrestling recently; I don't think it's reasonable to say that this fight establishes that old Liddell,Machida trend anew.

Overall, he just looked sluggish, unfocused, and uncomfortable. I'd actually say his striking looked worse and less comfortable than in prior fights. Not enough kicks, hesitant hands, etc. Poor performance, wouldn't say it had anything to do with wanting to purely strike like Rogan suggested.
    Agreed for the most part but he was also quoted as saying he thought he was a better striker then Nog prior to the fight. I'm sure he believed what he was saying.

I think he just underestimated Nog all around and maybe didn't prepare for him like he should have. I think he probably believed he was gonna get an easy win here. His lack of a game plan was pretty obvious at least.

His next fight will show where he is at in the long run.

Quote Originally Posted by 1inthechamber View Post
    Learn how to read, that's my opinion. Where has Rashad come out saying anything period ? Smfh
    He hasn't. I stated that he has been. Divorce, new camp, etc.

It's just Pashak, leave him to rant in the corner. If you encourage him you will be forced to listen to him regale you of PRIDE and how much of an evil mega corporation Zuffa is due to them making the fighters fight for practically slave labour. Also his theory on Dana White being Doctor Evil teleported from the movie screen into real life like Last Action Hero is a snore.

Quote Originally Posted by Sniggles View Post
    He hasn't. I stated that he has been. Divorce, new camp, etc.

It's just Pashak, leave him to rant in the corner. If you encourage him you will be forced to listen to him regale you of PRIDE and how much of an evil mega corporation Zuffa is due to them making the fighters fight for practically slave labour. Also his theory on Dana White being Doctor Evil teleported from the movie screen into real life like Last Action Hero is a snore.
    Im saying, I haven't seen him making any excuses after this fight. I was stating the issues that he had before "might" of affected him plus the rust.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information