Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: UFC boss says Frankie Edgar is not going to return to lightweight

It wasn't exactly the cleanest ass waxing job, Sakara.

You said it would look like Aldo-Faber which wasn't too accurate imo. Aldo's leg kicks seemed to have very little effect on Frankie, which (the leg kicks) was the story of the Faber fight. Guy had to be carried to his corner after one of the rounds...and Frankie actually won rounds...actually completed takedowns and landed some good strikes.
    Last edited by dbader08; 02-03-2013 at 08:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by H0SS View Post
    Frankie landed some damn good shoots on Aldo in the later rounds. I don't think he is trying to point fight. I believe he knows these guys can hurt him, so he wants to get in and out before he gets tagged.

He has shown killer instinct when he is able to create an opportunity. I mean, almost half of his wins are by stoppage. But his last seven fights have been title fights against the very best. And not to mention he is always undersized.

Btw, watching a Cruz vs Edgar fight would give me a goddamn epileptic seizure, lol. They'd need Mighty Mouse to ref that shit just so he can stay out of the way and keep up with their movements.
    I hear ya man, in not trying to knock on Edgar, I think he is a beast, just wondering what he can do different. A fight with Cruz would be wicked too, but I kind of want to see him in 2 non-title fights now, maybe get a finish and then get right back in the title picture.

Oh and LOL at Mighty Mouse as a ref.

I think Frankie could take it to Cruz if he really can make 135 and have a good cut while doing it. Frankie has the footwork to rival Cruz's but Cruz starts to fade a slight bit in the 4th and 5th rounds due to his overly frenetic footowrk while Frankie usually has plenty left in the tank. Even after a tough fight and after taking some wicked leg kicks, he still usually has alot of spring in his step at the end of the fight. Frankie has more power behind his strikes as well imo but still it's a question mark as to how the cut would go, especially since he's only had one fight at 145.

BTW, nice call on Overeem-Silva, Bork. I totally counted you out in your first sig bet.
    Last edited by dbader08; 02-03-2013 at 08:49 PM.

COOL IT CHILDREN......

Don't take the bait....anyone.

On subject, Frankie was a champion and is a damn fine fighter. He has ZERO to be ashamed of in his career. As a matter of fact, he truly captivated fans with his performances vs. Penn and Maynard.

What doesn't suck, getting paid for doing something you love.
    You say shark I say hey man, Jaws was never my scene and I don't like Star Wars

He dropped him with one because it was very hard first of all and it hit him right in the area where his leg folds. But did Frankie lose any spring in his step? No.

And Lol at that video.

Aldo outlanded Faber 77 to 20 in sig. strikes and easily stuffed all of Faber's takedowns. Aldo outlanded Frankie 76-60 and Frankie had 2 takedowns including a slam. Frankie also didn't have to be carried to his corner in between any of the rounds.

99% of the people who watched both of those fights will tell you that Aldo-Frankie was easily more competitive.
    Last edited by dbader08; 02-03-2013 at 09:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakara=Excitement View Post
    I'm not saying the leg kicks weren't beast, but I am calling bullshit on the Faber thing. Aldo has alot of respect for Faber so he is lying and saying he was his toughest fight, Anderson did the same thing with Rich Franklin. Frankie Edgar is Jose Aldos biggest test up to this point.

7. Default

Either way, Frankie lost yet again. 49-46 two judges had it. Aldo abandoned leg kicks after the second. Not sure why he did that. Edgar had no answer for the kicks. Maybe Aldo was afraid of the takedown still.

But Aldo himself said Faber was tougher, argue with him.
    There are many paths to freedom, not all are peaceful

Kimbo> Rampage Guest

I have nothing against Frankie....

but I absolutely hate his style... Its no coincidence that his fights keep turning out like this... He is a point fighter period...

His opponents are forced to "play the game" If they get too aggressive and blow some of their gas... Frankie is very durable and has an endless tank, he will overcome them if they dont finish him...

Another thing I hate about the "point fighter" is that a strike shouldn't always equal a strike. if one of the guy clearly hits harder and does more damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakara=Excitement View Post
    Either way, Frankie lost yet again. 49-46 two judges had it. Aldo abandoned leg kicks after the second. Not sure why he did that. Edgar had no answer for the kicks. Maybe Aldo was afraid of the takedown still.

But Aldo himself said Faber was tougher, argue with him.
    Based on the fight, Frankie clearly was a tougher matchup for him. Landed more, actually took a round or 2... But its Aldo's opinion, so you cant argue with that.

Faber took a beating, Im not sure if Aldo was referring to that.

Frankie caught one of Aldo's kicks, landed a right and got a TD... Aldo's kicks were doing a lot of damage, but their was always the risk of the counter. He said as much in the PFPC.
    Last edited by Kimbo> Rampage; 02-03-2013 at 09:30 PM.

Thread Information