Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: UFC boss says Frankie Edgar is not going to return to lightweight

The featherweight division is heating up and IMO Frankie is still in the mix. There's some interesting fights for him. He took the fight to Aldo and while i had Aldo 48-47, the third and fifth rounds were close enough that maybe Frankie had a chance. He really needs to work on not getting lit up in the first couple of rounds, he can't count on making the big comeback in the later rounds. I'd like to see a rematch if Frankie convincingly beats 2-3 top guys.

2. Default

Everyone is calling Aldo a liar. Okay guys.
    There are many paths to freedom, not all are peaceful

Quote Originally Posted by Sakara=Excitement View Post
    Either way, Frankie lost yet again. 49-46 two judges had it. Aldo abandoned leg kicks after the second. Not sure why he did that. Edgar had no answer for the kicks. Maybe Aldo was afraid of the takedown still.

But Aldo himself said Faber was tougher, argue with him.
    I would if he was here and we spoke the same language. I would win the argument too.

Aldo didn't even directly say anything about his fight with Urijah being tough. In the video he says "Faber is a guy who has fought with 2 broken hands and I think it would be a tough fight if I fought him again"

Look at the scorecards all you want, which were also closer than Faber-Aldo, but I'll just analyze that actual video of the fight that I saw. lol.

5. Default

Okay...also keep using lol.
    There are many paths to freedom, not all are peaceful

rob_bills Guest

Frankie can definitely beat Aldo in a rematch imo, he needs to turn it on a lot more. The reason Aldo said he stopped throwing leg kicks was because Frankie started checking them/looking for the take down.

Sakara is playing devils advocate while thinly masking his dislike of Edgar, dont take the bait.

It was a good fight and I see a rematch being even more tight, Frankie needs to ditch the point scoring combos and look for the power shots a bit more, I think he's definitely capable of them.

Kimbo> Rampage Guest

It drives me crazy to see people cry for Frankie... when it is all a result of his own fighting style... He forces his opponents to fight him that way or get outpointed to death.

Frankie could certainly win the rematch, I have no doubt about that... but give Aldo even better Cardio, then he could just as easily win all 5 rounds or even put him away, if he had a good gameplan to pour it on without blowing his wad.

^Who is crying?

I don't see hardly anyone saying Frankie Edgar won.

Most people are just saying it was a competitive fight. I think most of us Frankie fans are respecting the great effort Aldo put fourth and feel that he won. You could make a case for Frankie winning the last 3 but I felt the huge front kick Aldo landed in the 3rd solidified the round for him and also the 5th was very close, though I gave it to Frankie.

But as far as the 2nd part of what your saying, it's just hard to be the kind of guy that has great speed and power behind your strikes and great cardio. Look at how Anderson usually looks in the later rounds, not so good, but he is very good at pacing himself...it just takes a bit more energy to throw your strikes harder and quicker. He could probably improve it some tho just like everyone can improve some things, but I'm sure he trained his ass off for this fight either way.
    Last edited by dbader08; 02-03-2013 at 09:49 PM.

How do you "justify someone's loss"? A loss is a loss and I thought it was the right decision.

Most are just saying it was a competitive fight. And I don't see anything being made up.

Thread Information