Thread: Tyron Woodley Makes a Statement, Passport at the Ready for UFC 158

Default Tyron Woodley Makes a Statement, Passport at the Ready for UFC 158

Tyron Woodley Makes a Statement, Passport at the Ready for UFC 158 (UFC 156 Post Video) | MMAWeekly.com

“It felt really good to make a statement,” Woodley commented after the fight. And with such a brief fight and no wear and tear, he’s ready to jump right back in the Octagon and continue to let fans know that he has arrived.

Just what is next for Woodley?

We don’t know just yet, but he made sure that UFC president Dana White knew that his passport was up to date and he’d be more than willing to travel to Montreal for the UFC 158: St-Pierre vs. Diaz welterweight fest…
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

I'm seeing (or maybe imagining) parallels between Tyrone Woodley and Benson Henderson. Bendo has been on a mission since that loss to Pettis in the WEC title fight. Couldn't help but notice that T. Wood looked like a man possessed, both before and after the fight against Hieron. I think he's got a great wrestling foundation to fall back on, but in a way, losing to Marquardt has freed him from worrying about taking his first loss. Dude is willing to take chances now and that makes him even more dangerous.

How about T. Wood vs Matt Brown. Fedorlei also suggested Woodley vs Mike Pierce which would be a nice fight too.

I was pretty damn surprised that he landed that haymaker. I thought Jay had better defense than that or would have at least seen it coming. Good on Woodley to land that wacky thing there. I would like to see Woodley and Kos fight.
    FW-Hominick, Weichel
    LW-Stout, Cerrone, Jim Miller
    WW-GSP, Fitch, Goulet, Rory
    MW-Shlemenko
    LHW-Jones
    HW-Carwin, Barry, Russow

RRR=the Rhonda Rousey Resistance

classic - "this is the dumbest thing Ive ever heard. thats like me having a picture of Hitler posted, and saying "I dont believe in his politics, but I like to hear him talk" W.Silva>C.Norris

Quote Originally Posted by trustkill View Post
    I'm seeing (or maybe imagining) parallels between Tyrone Woodley and Benson Henderson. Bendo has been on a mission since that loss to Pettis in the WEC title fight. Couldn't help but notice that T. Wood looked like a man possessed, both before and after the fight against Hieron. I think he's got a great wrestling foundation to fall back on, but in a way, losing to Marquardt has freed him from worrying about taking his first loss. Dude is willing to take chances now and that makes him even more dangerous.

How about T. Wood vs Matt Brown. Fedorlei also suggested Woodley vs Mike Pierce which would be a nice fight too.
    I think he will develop to be possibly top 10 but I don't think he has the cardio to propel him all the way up.

Thread Information