Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cormier certain fight with Jones inevitable

Default Cormier certain fight with Jones inevitable

Cormier certain fight with Jones inevitable - Mixed Martial Arts News

UFC light heavyweight champ Jon Jones has shrugged off challenges from Daniel Cormier before, questioning the unbeaten heavyweight’s star-power and ability to slim down to 205 pounds for the fight. However, Jones apparently rubbed Cormier the wrong way after essentially telling him to stop talking about the match-up until it is closer to becoming a reality.

“Jon Jones, you’re firing me up,” said Cormier when asked to address the matter during last night’s Fuel TV coverage of UFC 156. “Where I’m from, you don’t tell a man to shut up. That’s one thing you don’t do. Jon Jones, you and I will get it done.”
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Could happen sooner than later. Especially if Jones loses the title to Chael. I think Cormier destroys Jones 9 times out of 10.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

Quote Originally Posted by Fe1 View Post
    Could happen sooner than later. Especially if Jones loses the title to Chael. I think Cormier destroys Jones 9 times out of 10.
    I wouldnt bank on that portion of your statement too much...
    LJS-NEMS

Quote Originally Posted by Supe View Post
    I wouldnt bank on that portion of your statement too much...
    I think we can both agree that Sonnen is the underdog in that fight but I never want to count him out. If he can avoid throwing a stupid fucking spinning back fist I think he's got a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

This is Cormier just talking shit. I refuse to believe that people are really so unbelievably polite where he's from , to the point that they never tell eachother to shut up.

I know he wasn't being literal, I'm being Facetious. Jones wrecks Cormier if they fight, at either LHW or HW. Way more tools to use, and I think he wil nullify Daniels wresteling.
    Jones Era >> Machida Era
    Favorite fighters: Anderson Silva, Jon Jones, Michael Johnson, Jose Aldo, Chris Weidman.

I understand the "call out" culture but it's a bad look to call out a dude in the HW division (Mir) and talk smack to the LHW champ at the same time. Wreaks of desperation, and DC's not a desperate dude, so he does himself no favors with this posturing. He should either work on the HW division or work on his dieting, but Jones doesn't have anything to do with either.

rob_bills Guest

Quote Originally Posted by CtGreat View Post
    This is Cormier just talking shit. I refuse to believe that people are really so unbelievably polite where he's from , to the point that they never tell eachother to shut up.

I know he wasn't being literal, I'm being Facetious. Jones wrecks Cormier if they fight, at either LHW or HW. Way more tools to use, and I think he wil nullify Daniels wresteling.
    I think your opinion is slightly biased somewhat.

You really think Jones wrecks Cormier?. The only thing worrying me is the cut. If that goes well Jones has to worry about a better wrestler, with heavier hands than him, who is used to going after the bigger guy.

Cormier wont respect Jones stand at a distance bs, he'll be in his face the whole fight working.

I think Cormier needs to worry about task at hand... Not sure if people are counting Mir out, but I think Cormier is going to struggle a lot more to get past Mir then people think.

If Cormier can handle the weight cut without problems, I think he would eat jones for breakfast...

Quote Originally Posted by Fe1 View Post
    lol because EVERYONE has been able to destroy Jones...

DC looked terrible against that no-name can he faught in strikeforce for his final fight there. I hope Mir derails this hype train bignog style.

Thread Information