Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: UFC releases 1st set of official rankings

Makes sense to me Rivet, with UFC doing the rankings though, I really expected Sonnen's name to be in the LHW top 10, which would have been a crime.

Seriously though... is there any point in them releasing rankings if they're not gonna follow them to determine title shots?

The Sonnen and Nick Diaz rankings made me smile. The Melendez ranking made me sad.

WTF's with all the hate? If they put Sonnen anywhere on LHW or Pettis on FW people would be in an uproar as well. At least Dana hasn't actually said that both Sonnen and Pettis are the #2's of that division, they're just good entertaining fights.

Quote Originally Posted by the_dark_angel_4ever View Post
    WTF's with all the hate? If they put Sonnen anywhere on LHW or Pettis on FW people would be in an uproar as well. At least Dana hasn't actually said that both Sonnen and Pettis are the #2's of that division, they're just good entertaining fights.
    Sonnen vs. Jones is not a good fight or matchup. Very good chance it won't be entertaining either unless you consider a one sided beat down entertaining.
    Legalize MMA in New York

Not sure where all the hate is coming from either. I would put JDS in either 9 or 10 in the p4p list but that's just a small detail. Carwin in the top 10 list is a bit off as well, Hunt could easily grab that spot. Sonnen's situation is crappy all around but at least it makes sense for him not to be on the list.

I'm surprised they didn't put Nick Diaz at #2 to try to make that title fight make sense. With the exception of Bisping being #3, I really have no major complaints about this list.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

dimerules28 Guest

Oh really so that's where the morons in the mma media think ppl are ranked??? Only morons will take any bit of this seriously... The ufc made this to create controversy and get us talking.. Made by morons, for morons

makes me wonder where sonnen would place, organically, in the LHW division. give him 5 fights, and i see him being placed at #10 tops. jones, machida, gus, shogun, mousasi, hendo, a conscious evans, and maybe nog would all give him fits.
    Survival is Triumph Enough
    -Harry Crews

Hunt should be in the top 10 before Carwin IMO
    "I AM THE PUNISHMENT OF GOD, IF YOU HAVE NOT COMMITTED GREAT SINS GOD WOULD NOT HAVE SENT A PUNISHMENT LIKE ME UPON YOU."

~ Genghis Khan

I think Strueve should be ranked higher than Roy Nelson.

I know Nelson beat Strueve but that was llike 3 years ago now. Since Strueve has taken out a few more big names than Roy. Yeah, Roy fought JDS and Mir, lost to both but neither were able to finish him. Strueve is on a 4 fight win streak, Roy is on a 2 fight win streak.
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Thread Information