Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Former Training Partner Calls Overeem A B!tch

Quote Originally Posted by TBEAR View Post
    AO has been overrated for years and I hope he gets put to sleep in his next fight too
    Maybe slightly overrated, but he's still a dangerous opponent and has a good skillset.The most questionable thing about him has been his chin. But any who got hit like that by Silva would've gotta knocked the fuck out.

Overeem never fought as stupid and wreckless as he did there. In his K1 fights he wasn't that stupid. He just completely disregarded Silva's power and got caught.

Interesting how the backlash against AO has generated backlash of it's own against his haters.

Personally, I have no use for him. His promotional value has always outstripped his skillset--to the point of blatant misinformation that gets lapped up by the unwashed masses. It's pretty obvious that he's been a juicer for years, and several independent incidents have led me to believe he's someone without integrity. I would have no problem seeing him lose every fight he gets in the UFC.

Quote Originally Posted by initial_zen View Post
    Bas rutten has stated that Overeem pretty much betrayed the people who stuck with him through the losses and got him to the level he was at. He refused to pay them what he agreed on, then proceeded to talk shit about them, leave them and take them to court. I think turned a lot of friends into enemies.
    Actually, they initiated the lawsuit, and he countersued. But they apparently had the better case.

Quote Originally Posted by 1inthechamber View Post
    Apparently the way they negotiated contracts wasn't fair to fighters. Lets not forget the whole ordeal with Dana and GG.
    dana will say anything at all if it will hype a fighter. He'll then turn around and say the exact opposite ten minutes later if it will sell PPVs.

GG's policy of paying management instead of directly paying the fighter isn't unheard of, it's pretty common overseas. When you consider how many people AO stiffed, it's a better policy than paying him directly.

And if I remember correctly, they sued him not vice versa.
    But the fact that GG won is a fairly good indicator that they had the better case.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

His fights have ALWAYS been like this. He has a weak chin and poor recovery. He comes out looking unstoppable, but once he hits some rough waters he folds. Look at any of his losses.

Zombie is born!

4. Default

Still think the headbutt at the beginning of the round put him on "queer street".

There are many paths to freedom, not all are peaceful

Watch for the short right directly after the headbutt. It looked terrible.
    You say shark I say hey man, Jaws was never my scene and I don't like Star Wars

Quote Originally Posted by xrjxarsonx View Post
    such an uncalled for remark. just because he lost doesnt make him a 'bitch'.

agreed this guy is just butt hurt cause overeem left GG. and probably jealous he doesnt have a name nearly as popular.

hope to see overeem rebound, learn from the loss and come back more focused. big country, struve, or pat berry would be fun fights
    Ramon Dekkers has got a pretty big name in his own right. He is one of the best Muay Thai fighters ever and widely recongnised as the first foreign fighter to not only take on the Thai's on their own soil, but he also beat many of them too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Quintessential Studmuffin View Post
    If you dont love Wanderlei Silva...then fuck you sir.

Thats a good one. If you disagree with someone "you are wrong" lol.

This is just trash talk coming from an angsty former teammate... means absolutely nothing. Alistair would smash Ramon Dekkers.

In my opinion I'd say The Reem just got humbled. Cant wait to see him come back after that reality check last week, which I would say was much needed.
    "I leave this as a declaration of intent, so no one will get confused. 1: Si vis pacum para bellum. Latin. If you want peace, prepare for war. 2: Frank Castle is dead. He died with his family. 3: In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacies, it is necessary to act outside the law. To pursue natural justice. This isn't vengeance. Revenge is not a valid motive, it's an emotional response. No, not vengeance. Punishment "

Quote Originally Posted by TBEAR View Post
    AO has been overrated for years and I hope he gets put to sleep in his next fight too

ya...JDS or if Carwin comes back.
    Favorite fighters:
    HW- Mir, Brock, Fedor, Cain
    LHW-Shogun, Tito, Mousasi. Rampage
    MW-Hendo, Sonnen, Mayhem M
    WW-GSP, C Condit>Nick diaz, Fitch wonderboy?
    LW-Penn, Edgar, Cerrone, pettis
    FW-Aldo, Homenik,

Fighters I LOATH 1-BISPING

Thread Information