Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fantasy Match up.

Default Fantasy Match up.

If you could make any match you wanted.Bring back any fighter you wanted Rocky Marciano in his prime,Ali in his prime,Tyson in his prime and build a dream match.What match would you choose and why?

Rocky Marciano vs Mike Tyson

Marciano had more power as a boxer then anyone by far, but the new generation of boxing fans would say Mike Tyson.. so I would want to see this fight even though it would most likely end shortly by KTFO via Marciano's fist meeting Tyson's face.
    "CB Dollaway made a bad decision and now he gets a 2nd chance to earn a victory tonight against CB Dollaway" - Mike Goldberg
    Fav MMA: Sudo, Stevenson, Shields, Kid, Werdum, Hendo, Rampage, Gomi, Sakurai, Okami, Penn, Kawajiri, Big Nogs

Fav Boxers: Sam Peter, RJJ, Pacman, Dawson, Frazier, Hatton, Winky Wright, Paul Williams, SSM, Miranda, Cotto, Linares

Quote Originally Posted by Afro Samurai
    Rocky Marciano vs Mike Tyson

Marciano had more power as a boxer then anyone by far, but the new generation of boxing fans would say Mike Tyson.. so I would want to see this fight even though it would most likely end shortly by KTFO via Marciano's fist meeting Tyson's face.
    Rocky would kill Tyson.Tyson was extremely over rated.anytime he fought anyone with any talent what so ever he lost.

Quote Originally Posted by killerinstinct
    Rocky would kill Tyson.Tyson was extremely over rated.anytime he fought anyone with any talent what so ever he lost.
    I agree he was overrated but then again he was mentally insane, when he was normal the guy actually made a lot of good points on the mic other then that he was the most entertaining fighter to listen to bar-none! overrated though.. a lot of KO power for a small dude but no real skill.
    "CB Dollaway made a bad decision and now he gets a 2nd chance to earn a victory tonight against CB Dollaway" - Mike Goldberg
    Fav MMA: Sudo, Stevenson, Shields, Kid, Werdum, Hendo, Rampage, Gomi, Sakurai, Okami, Penn, Kawajiri, Big Nogs

Fav Boxers: Sam Peter, RJJ, Pacman, Dawson, Frazier, Hatton, Winky Wright, Paul Williams, SSM, Miranda, Cotto, Linares

I'd like to see rocky fight Larry Holmes.Holmes once said that Rocky couldn't carry his jock.I'd disagree with that and I think it would be a very exciting fight.

Come now, Tyson had pleanty of talent, he just wasn't one of best ever like he was hyped to be at end of 80's. And to be honest Rocky's opposion wasn't top quility either.

Tyson had plenty of talent as a KO artist, but when it comes down to pure boxing he wasnt THAT Skilled.. solid at best, but he has had some of the sickest KOs and delivered some of the cleanest hits in boxing.. but like Killer said when he faced guys that were better boxers then him he couldnt do nothin.

Quote Originally Posted by killerinstinct
    The problem with this type of thread is you can only base your opinions on fight records cos there is no way on Earth that Marciano's fighting style would work (or be permitted!) in today's game or in the days of Tyson.

Quote Originally Posted by Afro Samurai
    Tyson had plenty of talent as a KO artist, but when it comes down to pure boxing he wasnt THAT Skilled.. solid at best, but he has had some of the sickest KOs and delivered some of the cleanest hits in boxing.. but like Killer said when he faced guys that were better boxers then him he couldnt do nothin.
    Sometimes I'm not sure if you two are are the same page as everyone else (KI & AS)?!

Better boxers than Tyson:

Pinklon Thomas KO'd
    Travor Berbick KO'd
    Bonecrusher Smith Unanimous Dec
    Tony Tucker Unanimous Dec
    Tony Tubbs KO'd
    Tyrell Biggs KO'd
    Larry Holmes Ko'd (alright, I'll concede an over the hill Holmes)
    Mike Spinks KO'd
    Carl Williams Ko'd
    Razor Ruddock beaten twice

Now you could argue that none of these fighters were an Ali or Lewis, but at the time they were the best in the HW division & Tyson whooped them all. Tyson only started getting beat when Robin Givens got her disgusting claws in him & fucked up his head.

With that said I've always thought that a Ali in his prime Vs Lennox Lewis in his prime would have been an awesome fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Alvin
    Sometimes I'm not sure if you two are are the same page as everyone else (KI & AS)?!

Better boxers than Tyson:

Pinklon Thomas KO'd
    Travor Berbick KO'd
    Bonecrusher Smith Unanimous Dec
    Tony Tucker Unanimous Dec
    Tony Tubbs KO'd
    Tyrell Biggs KO'd
    Larry Holmes Ko'd (alright, I'll concede an over the hill Holmes)
    Mike Spinks KO'd
    Carl Williams Ko'd
    Razor Ruddock beaten twice

Now you could argue that none of these fighters were an Ali or Lewis, but at the time they were the best in the HW division & Tyson whooped them all. Tyson only started getting beat when Robin Givens got her disgusting claws in him & fucked up his head.

With that said I've always thought that a Ali in his prime Vs Lennox Lewis in his prime would have been an awesome fight.
    Buster Douglas, Lennox Lewis, Evander Holyfield.. outclassed by all 3

then he comes back crazy as ever and loses to Danny Williams and Kevin McBride granted he was over the hill.. there still loses.

Thread Information