Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 19 of 19

Thread: Fantasy Match up.

  1. #11
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Channel Islands, GB
    Posts
    682

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Afro Samurai
    Buster Douglas, Lennox Lewis, Evander Holyfield.. outclassed by all 3

    then he comes back crazy as ever and loses to Danny Williams and Kevin McBride granted he was over the hill.. there still loses.
    Do you really think that if Givens wasn't a factor Tyosn would have lost to Douglas????

    So you's say that Berbick, Holmes & Leon Spink where better than Ali cos they beat him at the end of his carreer????

    Or maybe Ruiz, Bryd, Donald or Toney was a better fighter than Holyfield???

    You'll be one of a very few my friend!

  2. #12
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Miami FL
    Posts
    12,487

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alvin
    Do you really think that if Givens wasn't a factor Tyosn would have lost to Douglas????

    So you's say that Berbick, Holmes & Leon Spink where better than Ali cos they beat him at the end of his carreer????

    Or maybe Ruiz, Bryd, Donald or Toney was a better fighter than Holyfield???

    You'll be one of a very few my friend!
    Im not sayin those guys are better then him, well let me rephrase my original post I shouldnt of said BETTER boxers, I should of said Good to Great instead.. is that NOT true? he didnt beat Holyfield or Lewis, how many great boxers has Tyson beaten? or how many very good ones? not many at all IMO and loses no matter at what stage in your career can tarnish your legacy. You dont think those loses hurt Ali at all? they didnt kill his legacy but left a little scratch. I am not sayin McBride is better then Tyson either just saying Tyson couldnt beat them.. nor could he beat good boxers like Lewis and Holyfield.
    "CB Dollaway made a bad decision and now he gets a 2nd chance to earn a victory tonight against CB Dollaway" - Mike Goldberg
    Fav MMA: Sudo, Stevenson, Shields, Kid, Werdum, Hendo, Rampage, Gomi, Sakurai, Okami, Penn, Kawajiri, Big Nogs

    Fav Boxers: Sam Peter, RJJ, Pacman, Dawson, Frazier, Hatton, Winky Wright, Paul Williams, SSM, Miranda, Cotto, Linares

  3. #13
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Channel Islands, GB
    Posts
    682

    Default

    There you are again.

    I have to assume that you never followed boxing during Tyson's emergence. At the time Pinklon Thomas was an excellent boxer, as was Tony Tubbs, Tony Tucker, Tyrell Biggs, trevor Berbick & Mike Spinks. 6 boxers who in today's game would probably be world champions.

    Lewis & Holyfield were the changing of the guard from the era of Tyson. McBride & Williams beat a has-been.

    Let me put it this way. Who would your money be on in an mma match between Bas Rutten & Minotauro today?

    I would be shocked if you (hand on heart) thought Rutten would win. Was Rutten a poor champion? No.

  4. #14
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Miami FL
    Posts
    12,487

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alvin
    There you are again.

    I have to assume that you never followed boxing during Tyson's emergence. At the time Pinklon Thomas was an excellent boxer, as was Tony Tubbs, Tony Tucker, Tyrell Biggs, trevor Berbick & Mike Spinks. 6 boxers who in today's game would probably be world champions.

    Lewis & Holyfield were the changing of the guard from the era of Tyson. McBride & Williams beat a has-been.

    Let me put it this way. Who would your money be on in an mma match between Bas Rutten & Minotauro today?

    I would be shocked if you (hand on heart) thought Rutten would win. Was Rutten a poor champion? No.
    so your basing this on the times? sorry but I Dont think Tubbs, Biggs, Berbick, or Tucker are that good.. Spinks yes, Buster Mathis yes.. the rest there solid at best IMO
    "CB Dollaway made a bad decision and now he gets a 2nd chance to earn a victory tonight against CB Dollaway" - Mike Goldberg
    Fav MMA: Sudo, Stevenson, Shields, Kid, Werdum, Hendo, Rampage, Gomi, Sakurai, Okami, Penn, Kawajiri, Big Nogs

    Fav Boxers: Sam Peter, RJJ, Pacman, Dawson, Frazier, Hatton, Winky Wright, Paul Williams, SSM, Miranda, Cotto, Linares

  5. #15
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Channel Islands, GB
    Posts
    682

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Afro Samurai
    so your basing this on the times? sorry but I Dont think Tubbs, Biggs, Berbick, or Tucker are that good.. Spinks yes, Buster Mathis yes.. the rest there solid at best IMO
    Right, they were just handed their world titles!?!?!?
    (Although, I admit I thought Biggs (I know, never a WC) was very overrated myself!)

  6. #16
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Miami FL
    Posts
    12,487

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alvin
    Right, they were just handed their world titles!?!?!?
    (Although, I admit I thought Biggs (I know, never a WC) was very overrated myself!)
    bein world champ means that there good? thats not always the case.. I just dont like boxers that have lost 10 times to guys that have lost 12 times. Tyson has beaten his fair share of good boxers.. but he hasnt beaten or was not near as dominate to be considered Top 10-20 worthy which you hear a lot of people saying he is thats why I think hes overrated, he was a power puncher with short reach.. when facing a great boxer he got beat plain and simple.
    "CB Dollaway made a bad decision and now he gets a 2nd chance to earn a victory tonight against CB Dollaway" - Mike Goldberg
    Fav MMA: Sudo, Stevenson, Shields, Kid, Werdum, Hendo, Rampage, Gomi, Sakurai, Okami, Penn, Kawajiri, Big Nogs

    Fav Boxers: Sam Peter, RJJ, Pacman, Dawson, Frazier, Hatton, Winky Wright, Paul Williams, SSM, Miranda, Cotto, Linares

  7. #17
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Channel Islands, GB
    Posts
    682

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Afro Samurai
    bein world champ means that there good? thats not always the case.. I just dont like boxers that have lost 10 times to guys that have lost 12 times. Tyson has beaten his fair share of good boxers.. but he hasnt beaten or was not near as dominate to be considered Top 10-20 worthy which you hear a lot of people saying he is thats why I think hes overrated, he was a power puncher with short reach.. when facing a great boxer he got beat plain and simple.
    No, you're quite right. Being a world champion does not make you good!!!!!!!

    Seriously, what planet are you from?

    There are thousands & I mean thousands of boxers in every weight class around the world. Only 3 (I'll concede 4 with the WBO, but I ain't counting all the other shit around!) can be world champion at one time & a lot of them get unified. So whether you or I rate them or not, they HAVE to be good to get a title shot & they HAVE to be good to win a world title.

    Anyways I'm bored now. We obviously have different opinion on this topic.

  8. #18
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Miami FL
    Posts
    12,487

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alvin
    No, you're quite right. Being a world champion does not make you good!!!!!!!

    Seriously, what planet are you from?

    There are thousands & I mean thousands of boxers in every weight class around the world. Only 3 (I'll concede 4 with the WBO, but I ain't counting all the other shit around!) can be world champion at one time & a lot of them get unified. So whether you or I rate them or not, they HAVE to be good to get a title shot & they HAVE to be good to win a world title.

    Anyways I'm bored now. We obviously have different opinion on this topic.
    so if someone is champ in a weak weight class that makes them a Great boxer then right? sorry just dont agree with that.. its not about the title, its about who you beat and lose to IMO.
    "CB Dollaway made a bad decision and now he gets a 2nd chance to earn a victory tonight against CB Dollaway" - Mike Goldberg
    Fav MMA: Sudo, Stevenson, Shields, Kid, Werdum, Hendo, Rampage, Gomi, Sakurai, Okami, Penn, Kawajiri, Big Nogs

    Fav Boxers: Sam Peter, RJJ, Pacman, Dawson, Frazier, Hatton, Winky Wright, Paul Williams, SSM, Miranda, Cotto, Linares

  9. #19
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    505

    Default

    Buster was just a man that saw a chance to win and took it, other than that Buster sucked wasnt even on a real boxing level. Such as Evander a real boxer that Tyson did not want any part of in his prime. On the other hand would have beat down Rocky, Tyson, and Evander. But if you should all know Ali the best ever. In three fights Ali would beat anyone .

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •