Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pettis believes Jose Aldo a 'tougher test' than Ben Henderson

Default Pettis believes Jose Aldo a 'tougher test' than Ben Henderson

Anthony Pettis believes Jose Aldo a 'tougher test' than Ben Henderson; ready to offer 'big challenge' to 'Scarface' - MMAmania.com

He's good where I'm good -- he likes to stand, trade and bang, and I feel like I'm more well-rounded and can offer him a big challenge.... Aldo is a tougher fight [than Ben Henderson] ... that's why I asked for it. He's going through opponents like crazy. He just beat the last 155-pound champion. I think, for me, Aldo is definitely the tougher challenge. I already beat Ben Henderson once and I think I'm going to be doing it again soon. But, I think Aldo is the guy who is on the radar."
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Alright as a Bendo fan and as someone who watched the fight, he was given a judges decision off of the fifth round "Showtime Kick". If that kick did not occur I really believe Bendo would have still been champ. It was a damn good fight and a close one, although a true statement that he has a Win over Bendo he damn sure didn't "beat" him.
    Bendo is a much better fighter than what he was even then which is a scary thing to think of. I honestly believe in a re-match Bendo would win and likely come out like his did against Nate and Jim Miller which is with a purpose of something to prove.
    I get Pettis has a good skillset, but I do not see Bendo allowing him to ride his back for a whole round or even putting himself in the position for him to do so. I do believe that Pettis could and likely would out strike Bendo on the feet. I do not believe that Pettis could keep Bendo from putting him on his ass and getting a bit of ground and pound in each round of the fight.
    [CENTER]"The time is almost upon us....
    I will remake this pathetic orb in my image, and then the stars."
    Apocalypse

Of course it is. He already has a win over Henderson and probably feels he could do it again. (Although I thought Bendo won the first one)
    And the piano, it sounds like a carnival
    And the microphone smells like a beer

Aldo would be the easier match for Pettis in the sense that Aldo would bang with him. Bendo will grind him out for a decision, no way Bendo lets him get comfortable striking.

PS Also think Bendo grinds Aldo out when/if they fight.

I also thought bendo won the first fight, pettis got the nod due to that kick. Either way im happy he is fighting aldo (mind u im not a 45er haha) as i think this fight will be fireworks...just donno why its not til fucking august

Kimbo> Rampage Guest

Agree...

Ive been impressed with Ben since he came to the UFC. He deserves to be champion now...

He dominated Diaz and Miller, and will dominate Melendez...

but Pettis and Aldo are better. they are the only 2 guys I would favor over Bendo at 155. Edgar being close to a toss up.

I thought Pettis won the 1st fight.

People saying Pettis won the fight because of the showtime kick? Pettis clearly won the last round, before that kick even happened. Bendo was backpeddling away while Pettis non-shalantly dropped his hands and ran up the side of the cage, jumped off of it, and kicked him in the face. Why was Bendo backing up? Because Pettis was doing much better at that point. That round was all 10-9 Pettis with a showtime kick or not. Outstruck Ben 18-2 in Sig strikes and 52-5 in total strikes...and you could tell it was just controlled by Pettis in general, you could tell he had more confidence than when the fight started whereas Bendo had a worried look on his face.
    Last edited by dbader08; 02-06-2013 at 07:59 PM.

Ben Henderson would be able to tire out Aldo. If Hominick can do so, surely Henderson can.

Aldo vs. Bendo is a fight I have wanted to see for a long while.

Kimbo> Rampage Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Sniggles View Post
    Ben Henderson would be able to tire out Aldo. If Hominick can do so, surely Henderson can.

Aldo vs. Bendo is a fight I have wanted to see for a long while.
    If Hominick can do it, surely Frankie can... oh wait...

Aldo was GASSED in the 5th round, he had an infection and a horrible weight cut... Aldo's gas tank has come to question several times, but that fight was an anomaly imo... He fades yes... but in that fight he completely gassed and almost became defenseless.

Bendo's size and strength would be a huge factor... But we seen frankie find some success with his speed advantage, which Aldo would also have... who deals more damage and has better finishing ability.

Watch Pettis vs. Bendo. He was able to get the better of ben in most of the exchanges and did well against the TD, Aldo could as well.

It would be a great fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Kimbo> Rampage View Post
    If Hominick can do it, surely Frankie can... oh wait...

Aldo was GASSED in the 5th round, he had an infection and a horrible weight cut... Aldo's gas tank has come to question several times, but that fight was an anomaly imo... He fades yes... but in that fight he completely gassed and almost became defenseless.

Bendo's size and strength would be a huge factor... But we seen frankie find some success with his speed advantage, which Aldo would also have... who deals more damage and has better finishing ability.

Watch Pettis vs. Bendo. He was able to get the better of ben in most of the exchanges and did well against the TD, Aldo could as well.

It would be a great fight.
    Bendo has a completely different style of grappling than Frankie does.

Less explosive and more strength oriented.

Frankie is all about using the speed to surprise an explosive takedown.

I felt that Frankie's ever prevalent speed advantage would have gotten negated and it would be down to a grappler vs. striker affair. If the grappler can't take the striker down, he is toast.

The size difference between Aldo and Bendo is pretty huge whereas Aldo was larger than Frankie.

Basically, all grapplers are not the same and I think Bendo's style of wearing his opponents down will work alot better than Frankie's method of using speed and crazy movement/angles.
    Last edited by Sniggles; 02-06-2013 at 08:26 PM.

Thread Information