Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Belfort was allowed to use Testosterone Replacement Therapy for UFC on FX 7

Default Belfort was allowed to use Testosterone Replacement Therapy for UFC on FX 7

Belfort was allowed to use Testosterone Replacement Therapy for UFC on FX 7 bout with Michael Bisping

Vitor Belfort was allowed to use Testosterone Replacement Therapy for UFC on FX 7 bout with Michael Bisping - Bloody Elbow

UFC Middleweight Vitor Belfort was given permission to use testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) for his UFC on FX 7 bout with Michael Bisping.

UFC Middleweight Vitor Belfort was allowed to use testosterone replacement therapy by the authorities in charge of MMA in Brazil according to a tweet from USA TODAY's John Morgan:

John Morgan @MMAjunkieJohn

Additionally, Vitor Belfort was on TRT for the fight.

6:06 PM - 06 Feb 13
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

2. Default

Shocking.
    There are many paths to freedom, not all are peaceful

Meh. So what?
    Thats right bitches, gonna have to bling out the other hand soon...

From all the people who have been using TRT, I think Frank Mir was the most surprising. Guys like Marquardt, Hendo, Sonnen, and Rampage have cut a lot of weight which decreases testosterone levels over time. Belfort cuts a lot of weight too and in addition was using steroids (at one point in time).

Frank Mir cut weight twice in his career and before that in highschool (unsure how many times and how much weight). He's fairly young (33) too. I think cases like his is just abuse of PEDs (unless I am unaware of something), whereas someone like Hendo is credible.

Gotta make up for what the roids did to him, another easy short cut eh.
    Last edited by Qball1974; 02-07-2013 at 05:05 AM.

gee, wonder why someone as young as vitor needs his testosterone replaced?

i love these guys as much as the next (vitor, hendo, rampage, sonnen) and will continue to support their careers, but are we really gonna turn a blind eye or give them a free pass? it just doesn't seem too fair to guys like b.j., frankie, bendo, and the other TRUE athletes who do this sport naturally.

trt is bullshit, simple and plain.

Quote Originally Posted by carbondioxide830 View Post
    gee, wonder why someone as young as vitor needs his testosterone replaced?

i love these guys as much as the next (vitor, hendo, rampage, sonnen) and will continue to support their careers, but are we really gonna turn a blind eye or give them a free pass? it just doesn't seem too fair to guys like b.j., frankie, bendo, and the other TRUE athletes who do this sport naturally.

trt is bullshit, simple and plain.
    Frankie and bj for sure but I've always questioned bendo.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. MMA View Post
    From all the people who have been using TRT, I think Frank Mir was the most surprising. Guys like Marquardt, Hendo, Sonnen, and Rampage have cut a lot of weight which decreases testosterone levels over time. Belfort cuts a lot of weight too and in addition was using steroids (at one point in time).

Frank Mir cut weight twice in his career and before that in highschool (unsure how many times and how much weight). He's fairly young (33) too. I think cases like his is just abuse of PEDs (unless I am unaware of something), whereas someone like Hendo is credible.
    Mir's saga was pretty transparent. He found a new "strength and conditioning" program after he lost to Brock and transformed into Mir 2.0. He realized that being "enhanced" didn't do anything for his chin after being KO'd by Carwin and probably came back down to Earth (Mir 3.0) gradually via therapeutic use exemption.

Frank Mir (v1.0):

Frank Mir (v2.0) - Shane Carwin Fight

Frank Mir (v3.0) - Roy Nelson Fight

Last edited by trustkill; 02-07-2013 at 02:42 AM.

I mean seriously, when HASN'T Vitor been on the gas?

Vitor was juicing when he debuted at 19 years old at HW during UFC 12, he was juicing when he got popped after he dropped down to 205 against Hendo and now he's on TRT.

Couple that with his incessant, unpunished obliterating shots to the backs of NUMEROUS opponent's heads, Vitor's a dirty fighter.

Not a shocker whatsoever.

No pro athelete in any sport should be allowed to use TRT. It's a bullshit way to get an unfair advantage. Dan Henderson shouln't have the the same or higher testosterone levels than guys 10 to 15 years younger than him.

Thread Information