Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Belfort was allowed to use Testosterone Replacement Therapy for UFC on FX 7

Quote Originally Posted by Qball1974 View Post
    There's nothing natural about any sport. I have PEDs and TRT in the same boat, if you don't produce either naturally and you NEED or WANT to take them you don't belong in a professional sport. Find another way to make a living IMO.

I feel bad for Bisping now 3rd loss to a TRT patient.
    Testosterone is produced by the body and you can have deficiencies much like you can with any hormone or nutrient.

Dianabol, Winstrol, Anadrol or Stanzolol are not naturally occuring.

Medical treatment from an endocrinologist is several shades of grey different than injecting steroids.

The problem is not those who get medical treatment, it is those who will abuse it by not registering with an endocrinologist or the commission.

People like Alistair Overeem.

The testing system is deficient as I have said for years. Organizations won't foot the bill because:

A.) They don't really care - it doesn't affect them, it affects the career of the fighter.

B.) It would take away from the bottomline.

With the commissions, it's only B.

Judging is in the same position as better substance testing/rules and new rules which would benefit the sport.

The money is not in a solution, it is in spreading and infecting the global populous with this burgeoning sport.
    Last edited by Sniggles; 02-09-2013 at 05:06 AM.

Kimbo> Rampage Guest

30:20

Michael Bisping official statement on Belfort's TRT

Michael Bisping official statement on Belfort's TRT - Mixed Martial Arts News

As some of you may know, Iíve just got back to Orange County from filming a movie in England. There have been dozens and dozens of interview requests and tweets about the recent news.

Iím back in England next week for the UFC on FUEL show, and right now all I really want to do is see my family, especially my daughter, who turned just turned 10 (happy birthday, Elle!). So, I wanted to do a short statement here and then move on to my fight with Alan Belcher, April 27th at UFC 159.

Hereís what Iíve got to say:

As I said right after the fight, I lost because I made a mistake and Vitor took advantage of it. It sucks. I don't like it, but that was the result. I lost. Bottom line.

Over the past couple years, and even right before the fight, I have made my views on TRT very, very clear. I donít feel that I need to go into depth about it again right now. All I have to add, about this specific instance, is that it is very disappointing that someone who was caught cheating with testosterone in the past, now gets to use testosterone legally. A well known side effect of steroids is that it reduces testosterone, so I don't understand how it would make sense to then grant someone an exemption to then increase testosterone.

All that being said, I am not here to make excuses or cry over spilled milk. I fight in the best organization in the world, The UFC, and am very excited to work and earn a title fight, the right way. That process starts by whooping Alan Belcher's ass at UFC 159 on Saturday, April 27th, live on PPV.

Thanks everyone for their support Ė canít wait to spend some time with British UFC fans in London next week and I will be back, better than ever.
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Nice response by Bisping. Put his point across without whining.

Thread Information