Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Gray Maynard 'thinking about' dropping to 145 lbs

Never going to happen the guy is one of the biggest LWs in the game and is just a monster for that division.

Plus why would he? Edgar is gone now and that pretty much means Maynard is the number 1 guy at LW. Does anyone really think Bendo, Melendez or Pettis truly beat Maynard? Someone might think Pettis and his pretty little kicks could do it but I will just have you watch Guida v. Pettis and remind you that Maynard is a better wrestler then Guida and much bigger then Guida. Bendo and Melendez would have no shot whatsoever if Maynard was the guy standing across the octagon. Before the end of 2013, Maynard will be the LW champion and will go on a rather lengthy run with that title.

5 years from now we will all talk about how Maynard is the greatest LW of all time.
    Dude, Iím a wrestler. Iím the best wrestler in MMA. Wrestling IS, was and always has been the most dominate form of mix martial art on the planet. Thatís all there is to it. We all know it, some people want to fight it, some people want doubt it but wresters rule the MMA world. -
    Ben Askren

Quote Originally Posted by Masscore View Post
    Never going to happen the guy is one of the biggest LWs in the game and is just a monster for that division.

Plus why would he? Edgar is gone now and that pretty much means Maynard is the number 1 guy at LW. Does anyone really think Bendo, Melendez or Pettis truly beat Maynard? Someone might think Pettis and his pretty little kicks could do it but I will just have you watch Guida v. Pettis and remind you that Maynard is a better wrestler then Guida and much bigger then Guida. Bendo and Melendez would have no shot whatsoever if Maynard was the guy standing across the octagon. Before the end of 2013, Maynard will be the LW champion and will go on a rather lengthy run with that title.

5 years from now we will all talk about how Maynard is the greatest LW of all time.
    Took the Maynard hype even farther than I did

I definitely agree about Pettis and Gil being Maynard's fights to lose. And, on the Guida/Pettis comparison, Gray has solid JJ defense and creates the additional wrinkle of hitting like a truck, which Guida does not.

I'm curious to see the Gray/Bendo fight; hope it happens. I'm really very optimistic about Gray's ability to counter fight a strong striker now that he's switching up his training. But he's never been as disciplined in his game planning as Bendo has become. I think that might make the difference in that fight.
    Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    Either that or some cooter-crabs.
    It's gonna be a good weekend

Thread Information