Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Silva management prefers Cain Velasquez UFC rematch later rather than sooner

Default Silva management prefers Cain Velasquez UFC rematch later rather than sooner

Silva management prefers Cain Velasquez UFC rematch later rather than sooner
    'Bigfoot' Silva management prefers Cain Velasquez UFC rematch later rather than sooner - MMAmania.com

Davis recently spoke to MMA Fighting and laid out the plans he has for his client:
    "Personally, I'd rather have him get some other fights before he fights Cain. But it's up to the UFC, if they want him to go for the title, we cannot say no, either. But all is up in the air at the moment. Antonio does not pick opponents. That has been his attitude forever. Personally, I like [Josh] Barnett, I like [Stefan] Struve. I think that Antonio can beat any heavyweight in the world on a good day. If it's a rematch with Cain that's on the horizon, we are game also. The first fight with Cain, Antonio made a small mistake in the beginning with that kick, I think [if it] was not for that, would have been a different fight altogether, so we are open to whatever the UFC wants for him."
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

So they don't want him fighting Cain right way. I wonder why...

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

I will never begrudge a fighter for saying he needs a few more fights before he takes on the champ

I'm very up and down on Silva. At times he seems down to earth and self-reflective. At times he seems like a bit of bully. Anyone know much about him?

I think Antonio trains with JDS n likely knows JDS is a better fighter than him in all area's and he saw what just happened to him add on the memories of his own fight with Cain and it's a no brainer.
    I really believe that people like Bill Murray or John Belushi are just as great and just as valid as Robert De Niro or Al Pacino. And I don't think you can say One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest (1975) is a better movie than Animal House (1978); they're different genres. I think they're both examples of great craftsmanship.

-Sam Rockwell

I'm not really sure why Bigfoot-Cain 2 is being talked about. Cain destroyed Bigfoot. Since then Bigfoot has got two wins, but lets look at the wins for a minute. He was losing to Travis Browne until Browne injured his knee, then he caught him. He was being dominated by Overeem until The Reem got way too cocky and completely let his guard down and Bigfoot caught him. We've been given no sign that a rematch between Cain and Bigfoot would be any different than the first fight, unless Cain becomes injured or super douchy/cocky.

7. Default

Bigfoot will fight who ever they put in front of him...

and yall better not sleep on Bigfoot.
    "...for he today who sheds his blood with me shall be my brother." William Shakespeare

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it." Helen Keller

if i was Silva, id prefer it Never.
    Favorites: Fedor, Lytle, BJ, Tito, Wandy, Shogun, GSP, Belcher, Leben, Sonnen, Rutten...
    Most Hated: Cerrone, Maynard, Fitch, Rashad, Lesnar, Shields, Kos, Jon Jones....

9. Default

I have a problem with fighters who DON'T call out the champ in their respective weight class.

Good for him.
    There are many paths to freedom, not all are peaceful

10. Default

There can be many hidden agenda's from his manager, but at big foots point in his career he may be able to get more high profile/money fights without fighting Cain. To good for a gatekeeper and not good enough to be champ.

Thread Information