Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Hendricks calls GSP an 'idiot' for thinking Nick Diaz deserves a title shot over him

I thought Carlos edged it was well, but barely, and not sure how backing up doing minimal damage for an entire fight is clowning anybody lol.

Shit, BJ Penn did more damage to Nick than Carlos did.

If anybody looked like a clown in that fight it was Carlos imo. He said it was going to be a "Dog fight", tries to look all intense at the weigh ins and pre fight staredown, talks about knocking Nick out, and then he doesn't do shit but throw little ass leg kicks for the whole fight. The only times he was able to land punches was when Diaz was just walking forward pissed off and frustrated, frustrated that he signed a contract to fight someone nicknamed "The Natural born Killer" who came to fight a point fight and exchange at the absolute bare minimum. And I'll ljust agree to disagree with anybody who said he didn't come to point fight. Not one strike he threw had a snowballs chance in hell at finishing Diaz. Diaz was throwing punches with bad intentions, its just hard to clip and finish someone whos backing up/sprinting away from you the whole fight.

Did anyone see the video of Carlos backstage after the fight? He was getting helped walk to his locker room and started immediately getting his legs iced. Whereas Nick, after the fight, was hopping around in his locker room shadowboxing, laughing, and talking to other fighters like he hadn't even been in a fight. The "signifigant strikes" that were tallied for Carlos in all of the slap kicks to the shin he was landing on Diaz obviously didn't do much.

And there are alot of people who scored the fight for Diaz. In fact, it seemed the majority of professional fighters scored it for him. And most of the crowd booed the decision when it was announced.
    Last edited by dbader08; 02-09-2013 at 02:20 AM.

Idaho... Potatoes aint the only thing that we grow..

Carlos
    Head Power: 11/71
    Head Jab: 40/119
    Body Power: 14/19
    Body Jab: 17/22
    Leg Power: 18/22
    Leg Jab: 50/65

Diaz
    Head Power: 7/44
    Head Jab: 49/131
    Body Power: 22/32
    Body Jab: 20/26
    Leg Power: 2/6
    Leg Jab: 3/3
    Gotta resolve the Gayness

That's cute. I've watched the fight several times...and I never said Carlos didn't win. I thought Diaz landed the harder head and body punches, something that looking at fightmetric stats won't tell you.

dimerules28 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    Same tune, new day:

1. Fighter achieves something impressive and earns a title shot
    2. DW declares them the #1 contender
    3. DW takes it back
    4. Haters pretend (2) never happened and start talking shit about entitlement and crying

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: If your boss promised you a raise and then you never got it. You'd ask where your raise is.
    Your cometely off. This is not a raise you tard. This is a promotion, and if your boss promises you a promotion and then takes it back. Guess what too fucking bad. Next thing is, dana is a promoter, translation, he says shit to hype up fights. In other words he lies, how many fucking times does he have to lie before ppl realize he's a promoter.so go ahead bud say it again because noones listening.

Quote Originally Posted by dimerules28 View Post
    Your cometely off. This is not a raise you tard. This is a promotion, and if your boss promises you a promotion and then takes it back. Guess what too fucking bad. Next thing is, dana is a promoter, translation, he says shit to hype up fights. In other words he lies, how many fucking times does he have to lie before ppl realize he's a promoter.so go ahead bud say it again because noones listening.
    A promise is a promise.

Quote Originally Posted by dimerules28 View Post
    Most people who were promised a promotion and then didn't get it would bitch. The point is, calling him a crybaby or saying that he's acting entitled because he's bitching is just ridiculous and holding him to a different standard. It's shitty, and an obnoxious aspect of some sports fans.

Quote Originally Posted by dbader08 View Post
    That's cute. I've watched the fight several times...and I never said Carlos didn't win. I thought Diaz landed the harder head and body punches, something that looking at fightmetric stats won't tell you.
    While Diaz did land several strong shots, they were not enough to make up for how much Condit out-landed Diaz.

Despite what everyone claims.... Condit dictated where the fight took place. Carlos wanted to keep himself away from the cage where Nick likes to back opponents into. The best possible strategy was to backpedal while being evasive. Nick still had the ability to counter that by catching Carlos off-balance, instead, Nick walked him down and followed wherever Carlos wanted him to be, much to his detriment.

Fans have a right to feel angry with Carlos due to how his misled how he would fight, but to deny him the victory simply because he was being evasive is to deny reality.

Thread Information